Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Look at this dude owning on a melodica and ukelele and bass guitar and bass drum and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbPYmGq74eI&NR=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Alright, I tried building a diddley bow and really hosed it up... how can I keep my bridge in place? I'm using an old Drambuie bottle I found in the neighbor's trash. It keeps sliding around on me.

I filed down a dip for it to rest in, and when I started hammering the nut in, the string(a bass guitar A string) just loving unravelled. Crazy.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Planet X posted:

More curious than anything else. As a big fan of Augustus Pablo, I've thought about picking one up. For those that play, are you playing pretty much anything, or more minor key dub?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiaekG1Q0UE Amazing, love his sound, it's too bad he isn't with us anymore.

I picked one up a few weeks ago and haven't played any dub. I've been playing pretty much whatever... jazzy stuff, major key indie rock-ish stuff, funky stuff.

It's a lot of fun and surprisingly versatile.

I'll try to get some recordings soon.

edit: at like 2:40 he's playing some triads up and down it sounds like, what the gently caress is he doing? I've been wanting to figure out how to play like that.

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 4, 2011

• Locked thread