Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Have any tips on where to get an alpenhorn? They're quasi-famous from the Ricola commercials in the 80's.

I don't see any valves on them. Do you play it like a bugle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Tibetan dungchen is cool GODDAMNED AWESOME too:

wikipedia posted:

It is the most widely used instrument in Tibetan Buddhist culture. It is often played in pairs or multiples, and the sound is compared to the singing of elephants.

Thank you for this information. I had no idea these existed before now. But it's very obvious that I need to get one. I'm in China right now, finishing an English teaching contract. And Tibet is right next door to China. This is almost like a sign from the gods that I should own a Dungchen.

Do you know any more about them? I'm going to try to get one, but Chairman Mao is a complete bitch about letting foreigners into Tibet.

• Locked thread