Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Im not saying it's illogical. I'm saying it sucks and detracts from the narrative he'd built dropping it in the final chapter.
I think it was to explain why Mikasa killing Eren was a big deal. Like, why would that act end the two thousand year old titan curse? Because the personification of the titan curse had some connection to the emotions involved.

Ymir and Fritz weren't really characters, just vague thematic justifications for the way the world was. "Someone once felt this way, and that's why the world sucks."

I'm not saying it's not lovely in any number of ways, but I'm glad people are discussing it because I think I'm finally starting to understand what the heck was supposed to be happening in this last chapter at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

Kinda surprised Historia chat hasn't been more of a thing, since the last chapter either constitutes character assassination or an extremely uncharitable depiction of queer people.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Unsure exactly how Historia counts as an uncharitable depiction of queerness

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Love and Anger

still annoyed that Ch.130 and parallels like this actually mean nothing

bees x1000 posted:

this means nothing

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

Eej posted:

Unsure exactly how Historia counts as an uncharitable depiction of queerness

Maybe she allowed the Rumbling to happen and the Paradis junta to fall to fascism because she wanted revenge on the world for taking Ymir away from her and trying to force her into being a cannibal brood mare for the sake of her people, respectively?

We don't know how her convo ended, but maybe Eren really did convince her she is "The Worst Girl in the World" in the end. She seems pretty happy as queen of Nazi-land at the end there.