Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HenryEx posted:

This is kinda getting out of hand now.

Too bad Eren's mom wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Schwarzwald posted:

This is going to be hard to top :thurman:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Schwarzwald posted:

:golfclap:

PS - Would also love a basketball hoop.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Autumncomet posted:

Yep! That was Keith Shadis. He even had hair at the time.
Wasn't sure because I doublechecked the wiki and that part was missing from his bio...

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Schwarzwald posted:

Speaking of which Attack on Titan human cracker/gummi bears seems to be an untapped market for merchandising.

NotAHero
Jul 29, 2006
-------
Nichijou/Shingeki no Kyojin
(Sorry if I missed this in a previous post.)

Thoren
May 28, 2008
It's funny to think that loving Berthold is the iconic character that visually represents this series.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Thoren posted:

It's funny to think that loving Berthold is the iconic character that visually represents this series.

Yeah, this is legitimately my favorite reveal. He's not the comedy relief, or the hypercompetent newbie, or the hardened veteran. He's the blandest dude playing a support role for a more memorable character, he's just there for the entire time and then :suspense:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
So over in Tradgames, there's a contest for making Apocalypse World RPG Hacks going on. I made one based on Attack on Titan.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Thoren posted:

His own buddy is more recognizable and memorable than he is and then BAM guess who's the biggest baddest dude? I gotta say though, I don't know if I still find Reiner hilarious or stupid or both for just out of nowhere telling Eren on top of the Wall, "UH hey, we're the guys that hosed your village, would you be cool with joining us it's no biggy."

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Sex_Ferguson posted:

His own buddy is more recognizable and memorable than he is and then BAM guess who's the biggest baddest dude? I gotta say though, I don't know if I still find Reiner hilarious or stupid or both for just out of nowhere telling Eren on top of the Wall, "UH hey, we're the guys that hosed your village, would you be cool with joining us it's no biggy."

Recon got suspicious of Bert, Ernie and Ymir once they realized they were from the same village as Annie. I'm positive that none of them overheard this, though, so I have no idea why Reiner panicked. :iiam:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Yeah, it's unclear, but the flashback in the middle of his confession shows that they were already suspected by Hanji and Armin and were going to be interrogated when they got back

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ProfessorProf posted:

So over in Tradgames, there's a contest for making Apocalypse World RPG Hacks going on. I made one based on Attack on Titan.

If I hadn't just started up a new 4e campaign a few weeks, ago, I'd be running this asap. :allears:

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

The Shingeki no Kyojin: before the Fall manga is supposed to be out next week. Are we going to discuss it in this thread or in a new thread? I think discussing it here would be fine because Snk is monthly and having two chapters to talk about each month would improve the quality of the thread.

Plus it would ease the pain of waiting a bit, unless it sucks of course.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Is it written by Isayama or licensed fanfic?

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

It is a professional serialized manga adaptation of the light novels, the artist is Satoshi Shiki. It is going to be in Kodansha's Monthly Shōnen Sirius.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-20/daphne-in-the-brilliant-blue-shiki-penning-attack-on-titan-spinoff-manga

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Elotana posted:

Is it written by Isayama or licensed fanfic?

Not Isayama. If they take it wholesale from the LN, its written by Ryo Suzukaze, the guy who apparently created the original concept for Demonbane. Isayama's only credited for original concept.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

onepixeljumpman posted:

Not Isayama. If they take it wholesale from the LN, its written by Ryo Suzukaze, the guy who apparently created the original concept for Demonbane. Isayama's only credited for original concept.

So higher odds on weird fanservice, then?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Recon got suspicious of Bert, Ernie and Ymir once they realized they were from the same village as Annie. I'm positive that none of them overheard this, though, so I have no idea why Reiner panicked. :iiam:

Ymir isn't from the same village, so none of them had any idea she was a human-titan until she transformed.

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008

Is that a BLOW UP DOLL?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Because he almost died the night before at the tower and that freaked him out. So he took the easy way out with Bert once they realized they could just nab Ymir and Eren right there and take off. Seeing the ape titan was probably a factor as well.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

rubbe posted:

Is that a BLOW UP DOLL?

No, dumb rear end, it's a teddy bertie.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

rubbe posted:

Is that a BLOW UP DOLL?

Yes, for 40cm fairies.

Winky
Jan 3, 2013

Tiptoes posted:

Because he almost died the night before at the tower and that freaked him out. So he took the easy way out with Bert once they realized they could just nab Ymir and Eren right there and take off. Seeing the ape titan was probably a factor as well.

Yeah, I think a big part of it was that Annie failed to capture Eren and now that she was found out and Ymir revealed herself as well it was only a matter of time until they were found out too (that graduating class was about to go under a metric gently caress-ton of scrutiny). They were basically in the best position they were ever going to be to steal Eren (already standing right on the edge of titan territory). Even if it weren't for the fact that Reiner has already been shown to be kind of mentally broken off from reality, they might as well have tried to get Eren to come quietly before transforming and just taking him even if it was incredibly unlikely to work.

I mean, let's face it, it's kind of a good deal. "We won't shatter the remaining walls and make humanity go extinct if you just come with us", I'd take that trade. Granted, Eren had absolutely no reason to take them on their word whatsoever and is also commonly consumed by incomprehensible rage and regularly shown to be highly irrational.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Winky posted:

I mean, let's face it, it's kind of a good deal. "We won't shatter the remaining walls and make humanity go extinct if you just come with us", I'd take that trade. Granted, Eren had absolutely no reason to take them on their word whatsoever and is also commonly consumed by incomprehensible rage and regularly shown to be highly irrational.

Yeah, but the Murder Buddha was within earshot. I don't think they thought this plan through very well.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
They're also exhausted and on the run after having been caught off guard when their secret identities were compromised. They also have a homicidal Eren constantly trying to kill them, limbs or no limbs. Not exactly prime time for thinking things out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Winky posted:

I don't think, "Oh hey, we promise not to break down your only means of defense against titans. We're also the dudes who started this and are clearly working for other people." is a great deal. Especially since the desire goal is to live in a Titan-Free world where isolation isn't necessary, not titans are still here but you get to keep your shelter. Not to mention Eren himself has no idea what these two guys have planned and considering both are responsible for the murder of his mother, I don't think he's being irrational.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sorry, but it doesn't matter how hosed their situation or how drained their mental fortitude, there's just no way that anyone who's hung around Eren for as long as they have would think the truth was the way to go.

Tell a horribly stupid and obvious lie. Oh poo poo, I got bit by a Titan. Guess I'm a were-Titan now.

It's guaranteed to go better than telling Eren you're actually the dudes he's been constantly talking about killing the gently caress out of.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
What if it turns out that there's a really :geno: old man living peacefully out in the forest somewhere and they learn from him that Titans will stop trying to catch you and eat you once you stop caring about them so much?

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Gyges posted:

Sorry, but it doesn't matter how hosed their situation or how drained their mental fortitude, there's just no way that anyone who's hung around Eren for as long as they have would think the truth was the way to go.

Yeah, I personally don't buy the simple stress-related breakdown theory. Reiner kept his cool under far worse situations, and he acted like he suddenly realized something. It's possible that their goals changed from extermination of humanity to something involving Eren during Trost, but they only fully realized it on top of the wall.

Also they're terrible actors.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!

DrSunshine posted:

What if it turns out that there's a really :geno: old man living peacefully out in the forest somewhere and they learn from him that Titans will stop trying to catch you and eat you once you stop caring about them so much?

Paul Anka?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
From the funny pictures thread:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4985UQLDVNg

:stare: (It's another rotoscoped dance)

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 24, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh boy oh boy oh boy, the next anime episode will be Titan-Eren vs Titan-Annie. I freaking cannot wait for next week to come.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, the next anime episode will be Titan-Eren vs Titan-Annie. I freaking cannot wait for next week to come.

I bet they are gonna drag it out a bit and have Team Levi fighting Annie and then finish with Eren transforming.

i am really, really excited for this entire sequence

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Gyges posted:

Tell a horribly stupid and obvious lie. Oh poo poo, I got bit by a Titan. Guess I'm a were-Titan now.

It's guaranteed to go better than telling Eren you're actually the dudes he's been constantly talking about killing the gently caress out of.
Well, Eren's already seen them transform first hand, then they went and kidnapped him, so I don't think anything would've swayed his thoughts anyhow. poo poo's happening, they don't have the time or focus to come up with a sound plan, poo poo's going bad. They come up with something on the fly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They were basically dead to rights the second Annie was outed as the female titan. There sill was probably a better way to do it than that, even Bert thought it was really sudden. Especially since the fight that followed didn't do favors for anybody. I'm not saying any of this is really bad, it's completely in character for Reiner to do this sort drying as he's had a history of doing impulsive things, it's just a funny thing to me how it happened literally out of nowhere, it's great.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

I'm wondering how they're going to work that: either the fight is going to drag on for 5 whole episodes, or they're going on end on something that isn't the wall titan reveal, which had better not be an anime-only ending.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

e: disregard

Kild fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I really hope they end the season on the wall titans reveal with a smash cut to black because that would be incredible. Too bad it looks like that would require way too much padding.