Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Since we'll be lacking AoT material after next week, I was curious: Are the OVAs worth watching at all or are they mostly filler junk?

"Wall Sina, Goodbye" is a fun little Annie detective caper but none of the OVAs have any real impact on the overall narrative. I'd only recommend them for completionists. The scout training one is a straight up slog to get through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Conspiratiorist posted:

Illse's Notebook
The Notebook was a canon manga chapter that was cut out for time in season one, and is well worth checking out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Saagonsa posted:

The headshot wouldn't really be good as the (basically) season ending cliffhanger. Like, it'd be funny but it's something that is resolved so quickly it'd feel extremely cheap to have to wait nearly a year for that.

I thought they'd end it at the headshot too, but take it up a notch and just have the walls fall apart and the rumbling start before having the ymir stuff as the first episode of the next season.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I know you guys want more closure on the main story but me, I wanna know what happened to minor characters like Gustav, Anka, and Rico. WHERE IS OUR GIRL RICO, ISAYAMA.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Viridiant posted:

I know you guys want more closure on the main story but me, I wanna know what happened to minor characters like Gustav, Anka, and Rico. WHERE IS OUR GIRL RICO, ISAYAMA.

It's a very good thing for Rico that Isayama hasn't remembered her for a while. Just look at what happened to Sam and Daz when they showed up again.

(That said, the last big moment Anka had was her specifically noting that she didn't feel anything from Zeke's scream, so she's probably fine. Heck, she's probably going to be in charge of the Garrison since everyone with command experience who outranked her is now dead.)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like the OVA where Mikasa meets the weird mirror man just because of what a strange little episode it is.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

At the ending of the epilogue we see

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No leaks yet this time, guess the hatches have been battened?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nice.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Here's hoping it's a fast forward a few months at least and 'where are they now' chapter. Would absolutely hate it if the entire final chapter takes place in the immediate aftereffects of Eren going down and characters looking into the sunset pondering what comes next.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ten pages will be a Mikasa and Eren’s lifeless head make out session while everyone looks on in disgust, even the worm. Falco uses this chance to eat the worm and revives everyone including Grisha and Marco and they all have a huge party.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

hatty posted:

No leaks yet this time, guess the hatches have been battened?

Nah some leaks have appeared. Although whether they're real is still up for debate

Asuron fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 6, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asuron posted:

Nah some leaks have appeared. Although whether they're real is still up for debate

No pictures so I’m very doubtful.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

No pictures so I’m very doubtful.

Yeah, there's been a lot of BS spoilers for the last few chapters. I remember seeing a lot of "RIP Levi" back in December.

Trying to avoid them either way, though. I want to see this one properly, not just in out of context snippits.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Without pics, AoT leaks have pretty much always been BS.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I dunno, I'm pretty sure Eren fighting [spoiber]godzilla[/spoiler] is legit

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

I'm just not sure that the Attack Titan really does [spoiber]team up with the cast of Evangelion, even as a promo tie-in. At bare minimum, you have to think it's a bit weird for Shinji to do the Predator handshake, even if the Survey Corps did have Eren "pushing too many pencils".[/spoiler]

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

MorningMoon posted:

He has an axe, of course Eren will win

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I can't believe Levi said [spoober]he was my real dad, and he loved me, and then we got ice cream together.[/spoiler]

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
First final chapter leak

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Finally, it's all making sense

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So I let this series rest for a looong time because the author likes to introduce a ton of poo poo and I felt like if I had to slowly go through it all I'd forget all the major poo poo by the time I got to the end. I just read from chapter 60 up until now. Jesus christ what a trip.

Sooo lets see if I got this straight, sorry for the ramble: this is a world where the timeline follows the principle that everything that happens will happen no matter what, including stable timeloops with no beginning or end (Grisha murders the royal family because of Eren, but Eren only got to the point where he'd manipulate Grisha because Grisha already murdered them). Eren touched Historia's hand and got a big massive dose of future information. He knows how it will all play out and that he will play a terrible part in it and can't avoid it because that's just how time works in SNK. This is the source of his change in attitude.

And that... eventually all that loss of life will work out for major long term peace(???!) By eliminating the majority of the world that's been infested with old history and half truths propagated from generation to generation and have the survivors of this apocalypse band together to end said apocalypse, by murdering Eren? Hell, the team fighting the apocalypse is a blend of people born and raised on both sides while the peanut gallery is pretty much exactly the same. If they survive, they'll have bonded by overcoming the end of the world and could use that basis for long term peace. It's hosed up but this seems to be where it is headed.

Did the author attempt to turn Eren into Adolf Christ?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I really hate the sound of the new leaks and hope they’re fake, just very generic

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Someone help me with this manga ending trope checklist:

[ ] Something related to outer space
[ ] Giant plants
[ ] Everyone becoming friends
[ ] Time skip to far in the future
[ ] People coming back to life
[ ] Everything dies for some reason

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Thoren posted:

Someone help me with this manga ending trope checklist:

[ ] Giant plants

Uh?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Leaks look like they're out if you're curious. Won't discuss them here, it's only three days to the release.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Gonna skip the spoilers and wait for the fan scan to drop.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Patiently waiting for Anno’s Geki No Kyojin Shin announcement.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I think thats a reference to the ending of the original battle angel alita series

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
How soon we forget the forest of giant trees.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Broccoli

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mob had a good ending if that’s what everyone is referring to. The leaks sound kind of dull but as always you should wait until the full chapter before passing judgement

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dance party ending

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Eren wakes up and it's all been a bad dream and the real world is actually that junior high spin off show.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Eren wakes up back in chapter 1 and immediately beheads himself with a big knife in front of Mikasa and Armin. The rest of the issue is a quick highlight reel of what happens in this new timeline. After all these years, the author and audience are finally free.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Eren can have a little ommicide, as a treat. I know it's too late but it would have been neat to know what the Ackermans were besides "experiments with Titan science." Turn everybody into Ackermans! Problem solved. No more shiny centipede problems.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh God, That Take on the series is starting to show up in Portuguese on Twitter now, please kill me.

Three days until it's over, at least.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I saw the leak its actually just a two page spread of the entire cast saying Fascism is Good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I can't believe Eldians are actually Titanized Borrowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It sucks that they never turned the moon into a titan.