Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Affi posted:

Easy. She attracts a load of titans. Leads them close to the human convoy and then loses them somehow. (By running away or turning back into a human)

Loads of titans close to the right flank of the convoy move in to attack.

That doesn't explain it, actually. The titans she used were all behaving abnormally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

ZeeToo posted:

That doesn't explain it, actually. The titans she used were all behaving abnormally.

No, they were all acting like regular titans with the occasional deviant titan mixed in. As stated previously, all titans are very much attracted to human-titans so her mere presence was enough to draw them wherever she went.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Man, watching the anime thread flip out from two episodes of downtime has been a real treat. I suppose they should be grateful that there won't be a jarring training flashback after the defense of Trost.

eladank
Feb 22, 2013
I noticed something, in the flashback Berthold has during training where he opens a window and sees a titan (http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/13/16),the titan he is seeing is a monkey.

it's hard to see because the page is so dark, but if you look closely you can see that the titan has hair covering his cheeks like the monkey we see later.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

eladank posted:

I noticed something, in the flashback Berthold has during training where he opens a window and sees a titan (http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/13/16),the titan he is seeing is a monkey.

it's hard to see because the page is so dark, but if you look closely you can see that the titan has hair covering his cheeks like the monkey we see later.

You sure? That just looks like the author's preferred method of heavy shading to me.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
It's most likely just a beard.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
When I first read through the chapter, I didn't really get the impression that Reiner was completely nutso. The Mangastream translation really gets it across better, though. The anonymous translation I found kinda difficult to follow along with specifically what Reiner was talking about, but this one seems a bit more clear in that sense. However, it still is kinda confusing to me what's going through his mind. Did he just snap and decide "oh hey, I'm still a member of the scouting legion, great work back there at the castle, guys!" or what?

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."

eladank posted:

Re-reading that chapter is great in light of what we know.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

eladank posted:

The facial structure is completely different, though. It looks more like a human with a beard rather than an ape. http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/29 has a similar picture of the beast titan's face.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

eladank posted:

It's just the shading. Here's the equivalent anime shot. They put lighting in it here, so you can see more easily that it's just a normal titan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eren's gonna finally get into the basement only to discover nothing but a crate of his dad's old Playboys.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Fister Roboto posted:

Eren's gonna finally get into the basement only to discover nothing but a crate of his dad's old Playboys.

All that's there is a hidden distillery from back when his father was a bootlegger.
There's good news, though; the equipment still works!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fister Roboto posted:

It's going to be a crate of Playtitans, full of full muscular female-type titans.

Eren will finally find a reason to not genocide the titans.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

KittyEmpress posted:

It's going to be a crate of Playtitans, full of full muscular female-type titans.

Eren will finally find a reason to not genocide the titans.

He will trade this crate to Pixis in exchange for all the secrets of this world.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The door to the basement will have "Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?" engraved on the door. The only thing inside the basement will be a Queen of Diamonds playing card laying face up on a crate.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Attack on Game & Watch

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Torquemadras posted:

I've watched the 10th episode of the anime just now, and I'm not sure if there are subtle differences already or not. In the anime, Armin sees a single flower blooming inside the ribcage when Eren protects them from cannon fire - did that happen in the manga too? I've no idea if it's in any way significant, or if it's just a fancy way of pointing out how "benign" Eren's action are...

Also, did the manga state just as explicitly that Eren's dad gave him the titan powers? I'm not even sure in which chapter it came up, or if ever.

This is a good question as I don't remember it either, to me it sounded like Armin was wondering where the flowers came from, as if they weren't there before but I may be misremembering.

LightningKnight
Sep 20, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

This is a good question as I don't remember it either, to me it sounded like Armin was wondering where the flowers came from, as if they weren't there before but I may be misremembering.

I think it would have helped the effect had they put more emphasis on the flowers' state prior to Eren breaking out the Titan skeleton. I don't remember it being in the manga, but something like that wouldn't have stuck out to me anyways, I guess. It's probably just as stated above, a visual device to show that Eren's skeletal Titan transformation was for protection only. It left everything within the ribcage unscathed, even a delicate flower.

Also, I found this image on the SnK wikia. I have no idea why it exists, but I do know that it's a flawless diamond and I love it. :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Pizza Hut JP routinely uses various anime in ad campaigns.

To clarify: Yes, that's official artwork.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Magnificent. :allears:

LightningKnight
Sep 20, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Pizza Hut JP routinely uses various anime in ad campaigns.

To clarify: Yes, that's official artwork.

Dear lord, that just makes it all the more glorious.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I remember that poo poo happening in Code Geass all the drat time. It was so... blatant.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
The anime original ending will be about teaching the titans that pizza is way more delicious than humans. Then they run out of anchovis and the cycle continues.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Has the mangaka stated how much longer he expects this to run? I'm just curious.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

He came right up to the wall just to show off his giant pizza. That's great.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Just read the latest chapter. As usual, answered a couple of questions, introduced more. But I love that Titan just chilling out down on the floor with a couple of his buddies sitting on him.

Also, that advert rules. All the stuff involving the Colossal Titan being silly is brilliant. The one doing karaoke, the huge head they have wherever, anything else probably.

I bet the only thing in the basement is a picture of a Titan doing something that makes Eren so mad he just goes (more) mental and kills all the Titans in one rage-filled go. Then explodes. :v:

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Comrade Question posted:

The anime original ending will be about teaching the titans that pizza is way more delicious than humans. Then they run out of anchovis and the cycle continues.

Humanity rests in peace for another 100 years, but eating pizza has become Taboo. Eren has four sons, naming them after old-world artists and training them to use swords and 3D gear even though humanity doesn't do use them anymore now that the titans eat pizza instead. But pizza is too radical to lose, and they set out to take it back.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 272 days!
On that day, humanity remembered the humiliation that was living under their rule. Those jerks with their giant loving pizzas.

(The blades are for cutting a slice loose.
The 3dmg is for grabbing it and getting away).

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
So THAT'S where the steam was coming from.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Now I have a mental image of the Colossal Titan being made entirely out of pizza.

A Pizza the Hutt of our times, if you will.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I like how Eren has one finger held up and looks like he is yelling at the Colossal Titan to save a slice for him. :allears:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Now I have a mental image of the Colossal Titan being made entirely out of pizza.

That's why they're so hot, they're fresh out of the oven.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I want the ability to summon up a hot, delicious pizza body up around myself at any time. Biting into my hand sounds like a fair trade off, and the objective is easy and constant: "I want a loving pizza!"

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

onepixeljumpman posted:

I want the ability to summon up a hot, delicious pizza body up around myself at any time. Biting into my hand sounds like a fair trade off, and the objective is easy and constant: "I want a loving pizza!"

Have we learned nothing from the example of King Midas' lesser-known brother, Prince Wideass?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Finally, Sasha's going to be the real hero of the story!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Which chapter has Sasha doing the "Potato Girl" routine? I've been trying to find it, without much success.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

DrSunshine posted:

Which chapter has Sasha doing the "Potato Girl" routine? I've been trying to find it, without much success.

This bit?

It's chapter 15. First chapter of the training arc.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yes! Thank you!!

You know, I think she's making that face because she thinks she tricked him into believing it was half, when she only gave him about a fifth or a sixth of it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What's going on with Connie there? Is he a potato maniac too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Gyges posted:

What's going on with Connie there? Is he a potato maniac too?

He was being lifted by his temples. He was foaming at the mouth a little bit.