Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
From the anime thread:

Sindai posted:

This is the anime thread. Please edit that out. :(

Just for the record, quoting something speculation sounding and saying "this is a spoiler, edit it out" can be a lot worse than letting it stand. I think he was just comparing the similarity in scenes, but saying it's a spoiler will make people think there's more to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Affi posted:

So I caved. Read everything in a day.

Holy poo poo. I never suspected Reiner, I just thought he was such a cool and upstanding guy. Him wrestling a titan was just so cool. And then blam. "Hey dudes we're the big bads" and it just makes sense. Ofcourse he is the armored titan, he looks just like him. Ofcourse Bert is the Colossal Titan.

Just like when it was revealed that Annie was the Female Type titan. (totally did not see that coming, I mean she was part of the MP, nowhere close to where the scouts were) But it still made so much sense.

UGH. This Manga.

Enjoying trading your one week anime cliffhangers for new one month manga cliffhangers.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I'd just like to repeat that a lot of things said in the anime thread, while perhaps not 100% appropriate for that thread, aren't going to spoil people on their own. It's only when someone posts saying "Hey, that's a spoiler!" that it gets ugly. So, uh, please don't do that.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

What's worse, I'm not even sure he didn't realize it was the anime thread. I think he honestly thought it would be fine to post under an unlabelled spoiler tag, in a thread where everyone is already posting under spoilers because it's the new episode.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

The best thing to do now is to not confirm it.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Yep. No matter how many times you tell people screaming "spoilers!" is the absolute worst way to deal with spoilers, someone still does it.

The worst part is that even if someone isn't sure it's true now all the foreshadowing will probably confirm it for them after the earlier titan reveal.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Yeah, for a long time I thought Ymir was a guy but Hanji being one never even crossed my mind.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Hum, Does this mean Eren ate his father and that's why he disappeared?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Elotana posted:

He has a post in the manga thread from 2012 :ssh: Goons gonna goon

Any chance this can be a bannable offense?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

RatHat posted:

Have other characters been referring to Hanji with gender neutral words? I think the author is probably just messing with people.

Spoken Japanese doesn't usually use gender specific pronouns (or really pronouns much at all). This has long been a bane of fan translations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I don't think knowing who the titans are will make things substantially worse. Maybe a bit different is all.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Elotana posted:

I actually want it to smash-cut to black right here

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c034/10.html

Where the eye of the wall-titan focuses on Mikasa. Perfect ending

That would be such a troll ending. Everyone would expect the next season to start with the titan waking up.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

NiceAaron posted:

Could be less "stealing the power to turn into a titan" and more "stealing the power to switch between titan and human forms".

Didn't Ymir say something about not wanting to go to Bert and Reiner's village since their warriors would eat her? So I'm thinking it's something along this line.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

of bees posted:

Don't forget that previously Ymir said she had been a titan for about 60 years. So either what she stole allowed her to become human again, or the flashback with Bert and Ernie happened a looooong time ago.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty sure Ymir was a (unintelligent) titan, and eating Bert's comrade somehow stole the ability to turn into a human and restored full intelligence. That seems to just perfectly reconcile with her certainty that if she went to Bert's village she'd be eaten; they want it back.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I'm hoping they get 34 in just to head off the Reiner and Bert are titans speculation. The way it ends seems to "clear" them.

Also, I just want to say that last night I had a dream about AoT and suddenly it all made sense; the titans in the wall, the sasquatch titan, the wall cult; I figured out how it all went together. Then I woke up and now I can't remember. I'm sure it was some crazy thing that only made sense in dreams but boy it's annoying to not be able to remember.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

It's really nonchalant about killing off named characters and mimicking dramatic tropes that would normally indicate the character's survival and then killing them anyway :unsmigghh:

Does that mean Hannes is going to survive, considering he's done every death trope short of spontaneously announcing he's retiring tomorrow?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

They seemed to change a whole lot for that episode. I don't think it was bad episode really, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping for either. It definitely seems like they wanted to minimize the cliffhanger ending aspect.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

From the anime thread:

RBX posted:

The fact half the people thought it was a joke or think its fine it just got "lip service" is the problem. If it was handled correctly we'd have people wtf'ing and asking questions and excited. Instead everybody is talking about...how it was handled.

And I think that's exactly what they wanted. All that stuff can come next season, instead of an "ending" that basically concludes nothing and would anger a lot of people. This way they ended on a hint for a next season that hasn't even been announced instead of a sadistic cliffhanger.

Seriously, the last month of this thread has been people looking forward to watchers reactions, and I think that's coloring interpretations now. It's a perfectly good ending, it just doesn't have the "WTF?" reactions manga readers were expecting, and therefor they find it disappointing.

And seriously, can we keep the complaints about the changes to this thread? Anime watchers have been complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I'm suddenly glad I went ahead and splurged on the all access Crunchyroll pass during the Black Friday sale. I very nearly just bought the anime pass but the store credit won me over.

The story definitely feels like it's building up for a big reveal now, but then again it's done that before.