Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Until seeing that aberrant chilling casually under the tree that Bert, Ernie, Ymir, and Eren were in, I've kind of always suspected that the Aberrants were created from children or babies, especially based on the anime and how they behave. I haven't taken the time to look back and see if the poses were anime-only, yet.

In the brainless Titans I suspect that the humans inside them are just there as CPUs or something. Like the Shadow vessels from Babylon 5.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Quantum Toast posted:

Yeah, I've seen people who are suspicious of Reiner and still seem to have no idea who the Colossal Titan is. Being forgettable is a great trait in a spy.

Yeah, after I decided the female titan was Annie I went and re-watched a few things that came to mind, like all of the weird stuff between Annie and Reiner and how the female titan changed directions after "squishing" him. But I never expected Bert. I didn't even remember he existed at all. Even when I finally realized he was always there, after re-watching the training, I just assumed he didn't know Reiner's secret.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 26, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Every time we get a chance to ask/answer questions a new emergency ends up happening, so you never know.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Yeah, she's just pondering how they got inside the wall without a breach. We know how they got there, she doesn't, and the thought of potential tunnelers is scary.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

TheKingofSprings posted:

Considering their need was to "make the manga sell like hotcakes" and said manga now sells like hotcakes, is it not possible the director wanted to give a feeling of closure on the off chance they don't get a second season (ahaha)?

This episode was also screened in theatres and they would be making big bucks off that (I presume?), so it also could be they structured it a little more after a movie for that purpose.

I think it's pretty clear that in some ways it was a movie-style ending that fit the fact that they were showing it at a cinema.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Mr. Fowl posted:

Nah, Eren himself being a titan was obvious. The identity of the Armored titan? Sure, he even looks like him. The Colossal Titan, though? Really just sours me to the whole thing.

Yeah, anyone guessing the Colossal Titan is really a stretch but, at the same time, Bert WAS always right there with Annie and Reiner... so I guess if you were especially suspicious you could take another guess after guessing Reiner and Annie.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
It's Mikasa and Armin's fault. They should have defeated Bert with the power of Armin's plans.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Freddie Wong crew has an Attack on Titan game party.

Game has come a long way since I tried to play it last. Still looks clunky as heck though, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2OAgm-IOw

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 12, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I'm kind of glad that this anime seems to have more creepy girls fans than boy fans. I didn't think that was possible.

I could be wrong, too. Most of the fandom I've seen so far is heavily women, I might just be avoiding dudes.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 13, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

redneck sushi posted:

This is not the only thing I really appreciate about the series but it's on my top five. I can't still get over Mikasa's rear end-shot in one of the end credits cards, however.

It's not even really correct to call it an rear end shot, either... it's way more. It's basically just a big crotch shot that's partially from the rear, complete with camel toe.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 14, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Historia is a big deal because she is a disowned daughter from a major Wall Cult family, which means she probably knows part of or a great deal of what the Wall Cult knows about the wall titans. Or even bigger mysteries.

TheKingofSprings posted:

A lot of people in this thread were actually pissed off at the people doing that, but there's not a whole lot we can do beyond report it when someone does that. v:v:v

I never read the manga but it seemed somewhat obvious from a narrative perspective that the titan that kind of looked like Annie in many ways was going to be Annie. And then all you had to do was re-watch previous episodes with this assumption to identify who Armored Titan probably was. It also confirmed that Female Titan was Annie just based on her weird behavior and the fact that she and Reiner had some kind of connection going on. Although Bert was also silently in a lot of those damning scenes, sweating silently and invisibly.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 16, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Dumble perst.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Dan7el posted:

In fact, you could pretty-much say we've finally gotten our real first answer. ... We know why Eren is so important to the other human titans. I'm hoping next month, we'll get more answers. Maybe Annie will come out of her crystalline shell? Maybe they'll actually visit the Jaeger cellar? I predict we're going to be getting some answers in the next few months. I think it's high time the mangaka started filling in the blanks.
We've known why he was important, or have had reasonable reasons to assume we did. He is another shifter that no one knew about, so they decided they needed to capture him and bring him back to find out what the hell is going on. They didn't know he had/was the "coordinate" until the most recent issue, and only one of them even speculated he might have/be it a couple issues prior in an offhand kind of way.

The "real answer" we got was to the question "What were the titans after when they sent the three shifters into the city?" and not so much "Why is Eren important enough to derail their plans?" The answer to that one is pretty obvious. He's a shifter and could wreck their poo poo.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 23, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I posted this in the previous page.

So for whatever reason, Eren being the coordinate means they don't have to genocide the humans behind the walls.

That's not how I interpreted things. It's not that they don't have to, it's that they can't, now. The humans inside the walls have their trump card, now.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
It could just be a huge rock that was always there. Those things exist.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Did anyone else not realize why Eren's hands were smoking that issue or was it just me? It looks like he had once again chomped his hands to no effect for some reason. It isn't emphasized like it had been when it happened in previous times when he had failed to transform but while he's there going nuts as Hannes is gobbled up you can see bite marks on his hands. It was a detail I didn't see until I decided to re-read it on Crunchroll.

Speaky of Crunchyroll, that translation is so much better. Never going to read the scanlations again if they put the rest of the issues up. Why didn't any of the scanlations bother translating the onomatopoeia, either?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I wonder what the timeframe is with respect to the simulpub stuff hitting Crunchy.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Seriously Safe posted:

If titans used to be people, does that means the titans that look like babies were actually babies? :smith:

My speculation has been that the abnormal titans have all been infants or very young toddlers. But my opinion is tainted by how they've been depicted in the anime.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Agreed posted:

Also, last chapter was exposition city - but thanks to the new Crunchyroll simultranslations it was one heck of a lot more readable than some chapters have been. Considering getting a sub to read back through, scanlators do their best but it seems like they aim for "we gotta get this out as soon as possible" more so than "we want to do the best possible job on this" a lot of the time.
Just keep in mind that the list you see on Crunchy is it. There's no hidden earlier chapters you'll be able to see once you sub.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Hopefully all you fools are just waiting the extra day or two for Crunchy now and not reading the early stuff posted elsewhere anymore. I can't imagine how horribly these past two or three issues were on the Scanlation side.

Historia's background is hosed up in a way that remains perfect to this series. Still, man... poo poo is hosed up.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 9, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
The day or two (or more) was in reference to the scanlation coming out before the official translations on Crunchy. It was not suggesting the Crunchyroll version was still due for a day or two.

Please tell me how I could have written that sentence to be clearer. It's even right after posts about the fact that Crunchrolly was happening today.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 9, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

a kitten posted:

Change "are" to "were" :shobon:
There, I made the sentence better. Your suggestion would not have been correct because it addressed past, present, and future behavior all in a single sentence.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 9, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
"my father" and "to me" was probably "Why did my father do this to me?" and his 40 minute spaz out was probably Eren going titan bonkers because thinking about his dad pisses him off and he doesn't understand why this was done to him when he's so apparently useless compared to the other people-titans.

There aren't really any clues to Grisha being dead other than his absence and making the leap "Eren ate Grisha" is an incredible leap in logic. I don't have a lot of experience in the anime forum but it really seems sometimes like people in this thread come up with really crazy speculation and then other people add to the crazy speculation with even more unsubstantiated speculation so often. Or they don't understand basic human behavior so they come up with weird theories about why someone would react a certain way to something.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 10, 2014

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Thank god you guys came here between issues.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Crunchyroll simulpup coming out today. Looking forward to reading all the black bars as you guys can't simply wait a day or two for a real translation and subsequently misunderstand almost every key point being made in a conversation.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Hunt11 posted:

So tell me how wrong were we in our understanding of what happened this chapter?

You guys lucked out this time, or most people just waited for Crunchy this time before speculating too much. The only ambiguous part was the creepy dude with Armin and that remained slightly confusing and dumb in a real translated state. The issue before this was just dumb, and so was the one before that.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 10, 2014

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Crunchy should be out but I'm just seeing blanks.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Season 2 is gonna be hella boring towards the end.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
You act like that's a problem.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Before it settles into politics, though, it gets really loving crazy and kinda awesome.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Definitely would never have predicted an upsidedown enema torture scene in a manga I was reading.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
The japanese noise for when two sweaty lesbians are tribbing hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
How the hell does anyone know Mikasa's birthday?