Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Did the anime make some weird minor changes from the manga? I don't mean new material, but stuff like Mikasa doing an embroidery instead of getting a tattoo, or Armin's grandfather getting killed instead of his parents. Unless I'm misremembering/misunderstanding something, or these are some kinds of translation issues...

As for the weird wall line, is it maybe saying something like "great walls were in place for us"? I don't speak Japanese, this is just grammar conjecture.

I'm still partial to the idea that the titans are some sort of bio-warfare experiment gone wrong (I'd even suggest solar-powered nanotech, but maybe that's too out of place), particularly as that might explain why the vast majority are male-type. Still doesn't do anything for major questions though, like what the hell is Sasquatch and how/why/if he is turning villagers into titans.

Or what the hell his deal is, anyway. Strolls in, makes some titans, grabs a sample of 3d gear, and leaves; but not before being a little monkey poo poo and throwing rocks. :confused:

Culinary Bears fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Could they be after Eren because of Pixis's bluff that he's part of new military experiments? Or did they already find out that it was false? (Don't remember if they were present at the court stuff and/or if it was brought up there)

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Another option for the age thing: We've seen that titan-humans/human-titans/whatever all have amazing regeneration even in their human form. Maybe that makes them just stop aging, either as soon as they're 18 or so, or at whatever age they first become a titan (if Eren was never a titan before he burst out at Trost).

Also, I wonder if this "coordinate" is related to Eren's dad. He did leave somewhere just before the first attack, and if they're wondering whether it is Eren himself or not, maybe they're looking for something connected to Dr. Jaeger. Maybe they're looking for what's in his basement, without even knowing that it's there - they broke the wall in the right place, but didn't know to look under the house.

As for some unrelated speculation, I'm wondering again just how much there might be outside the wall. Maybe there's multiple other places, perhaps warring ones, and maybe Ymir came from a place that was fighting Bert/Reiner's "hometown", which is why she has her own "people" and it's dangerous for her to go there. Then there's the question of the inner circle, built over some mine, and with the 3D Gear clearly capable of technology that doesn't jive with the otherwise medieval setting. What if they have radio? They could be communicating with other places without ever having to step outside the walls...

Culinary Bears fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 6, 2013

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Baofu posted:

Going by this theory, I don't think it's too much of a stretch that they would have tested the Titanification process on apes before humans.

That's pretty interesting. Maybe Sasquach is some sort of really, really old experiment and spreads the Titan stuff like some sort of disease (since apes can transmit all kinds of diseases to humans). But for some reason, he's super-intelligent while the humans around him seem to be below ape level. It might also explain why he's so... "weird", e.g. speaking the language but not understanding the technology, stopping to seemingly impulsively throw a rock at the tower before leaving. And maybe this has something to do with why Bert and Reiner have to catch him.

Culinary Bears fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 14, 2013

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

yellowyams posted:

This is the only one I found, seems fine enough. Isayama has said that the premise behind titans is completely different now so I wouldn't use it for speculation or anything.

Huh. I always wondered why Eren's titan form didn't look anything like him while the others had some resemblance (well... I geuss Bert is a stretch.) It looks like the protagonist here instead.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Jackard posted:

No that only happens in historical intrigue animes about French knights.

Hahah what? What's this about?

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Was there ever any reason given for the tattoo being taken out of the anime? I remember that scene being specifically replaced by doing Asian embroidery or something like that.

It'd be awkward for the anime if the tattoo is actually important. My guess is that it wasn't, and maybe it got removed so animators wouldn't have to worry about it.

But it did get replaced with something else that involves a needle, so maybe it's :tinfoil: secret Grisha drugs :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Red Suit posted:

So if titan serum vaporizes on contact with air, how'd Rod Riess lick it off the floor. Plot hole?

Very quickly? :shrug: