Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I actually like the art in the manga quite a bit. Obviously I'm not going to claim it's good, but I think it's very suitable to the story, and I like the rough style a lot. The anatomy errors don't really bother me, and I often don't even notice them. I guess I'm the same as the people who prefer the original Higurashi/Umineko art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It looks like her cloak and sword-magazine to me. Especially with no blood since Isayama loves drawing that splattering around when limbs get bitten off.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Just look at the list of prominent names; Eren is probably Turkish and Jaeger is pretty germanic; Ackermann is German (or Old English according to Wikipedia), Armin is a German name and Arlelt is apparently not a name at all, Annie is a common enough name in many languages, but Leonhard is Old German, Reiner comes from Old Norse or Old German, Braun is German, Berthold is German, Ilse is German, Kirstein isn't an actual name according to Google, but Kirsten is a German name, Petra is Greek...but common in Germany. It's pretty much all German names. Sure occasionally you get names that aren't obviously German like Jean or Ymir, but even then there are rarely any other characters with similar etymology to create a pattern, and they often have Germanic surnames (Eren and Jean do, Ymir doesn't have any so far). Naming-wise, all signs point to Germany.