Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah the theme has been super apparent about sacrificing your humanity in order to defeat the monsters, Armin literally says it to spur on Eren when Eren's resolve is failing when he has to face Annie. Eren's past with Mikasa and then her spurring him on to fight Annie had the same stuff. I am hoping the grander theme over all will be that this is a mistaken philosophy as Eren showed mercy to Annie and in the finale of this season it was Mikasa's kindness that helped Eren control Titans rather than his insane horniness for Titan death.

Too bad for Mikasa the day wasn't saved by horniness for something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/seaofmcnsters/status/990026953301352449

here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The crux of the argument is that (according to Marleyan propaganda) the Eldian Jews are monsters who had to have the entire world gang up on them to pacify them so even though the story is about the Eldian freeing themselves from the shackles of oppression the backstory still justifies the anti-semitic idea that the Eldians deserved their oppression for previous sins committed. That is one hell of a way to read into things I guess.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
"reaping what they sowed" in this context, by the way, means being reduced by second class citizens stripped of rights and left to wallow in ghettos :shepface:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hate-Senpai posted:

You calling my people foreigners?????

Yes

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

DaveKap posted:

I wouldn't go that far. I mean... he's religious.

I see you aren't very familiar with black people in America

Edmund Lava posted:

pretty sure “Asia Clan” people can’t either. Kind of odd Mikasa is both and it never really played into the story much.

Asians can't be shifters because they're not Eldians. With this info it's safe to assume that becoming a Titan requires you to be somewhat if not fully pure blooded Eldian.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The main thing that makes me think that they aren't shot to death is the fact that the Paradisians are literally in a circular firing squad.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Watching Historia walking around and being a person is making me super sad

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Historia's fate is not as terrible as it could've been, at least

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Eren being the dad over some random mook is inconsequential to the story and is the least bad reason for why Historia is in her situation right now so I don't hold much faith in that actually being true. On the other hand Eren is kicking the bucket in 5 years so maybe that's enough pathos for Isayama to work with and the final panel of the manga being Mikasa carrying a black haired baby standing in the rubble of Paradis island with the war over and all her friends dead saying "Let's go, Eren."

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah the original plan was that she had to make heirs to ensure that the Coordinate could continue to be used so that takes priority over actually giving her the Coordinate ability and is entirely within the realm of things Eren would do to keep his friends safe

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You are all ignoring the reality that the season is going to end with the Japanese lady coming off a ship and being all Mikasa! Our long lost princess!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I thought it was pretty straightforward. The Coordinate can control and order Titans, who are all Eldians anyway so by extension the Coordinate can influence all Eldians to some extent.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
drat Eren you're a dick

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Eren's the 17 year old who learned about Determinism in Philo 101 and attempts to own all his friends with his newly minted galaxy brain

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RatHat posted:

Yeah but there have been hints for a while that there's time fuckery going on with shifters' memories. So maybe it's a fate thing, and her Ackerman blood knew he was going to become a shifter.

It has nothing to do with him being a shifter and everything to do with her imprinting on Eren.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also he moved.

Well yeah that's what happens when you carry a body away

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
my friend that's literally a week old

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shinjobi posted:

Ain't loading for me

Yeah it's broke for me too

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to feel sympathetic to Gabi so I think that's your own problem

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This manga is gonna end on a spread of Mikasa alone on a beach holding Eren and Historia's child, Eren Jr.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

JahRoo posted:

Or maybe we’re gonna get a Code Geass type ending where Erens plan somehow involves alienating everyone to bring them together or some wild poo poo, who knows.

smh people still referencing Code Geass ending when it's based off of the God Emperor Leto II, and in this case it's even a better match because he also has prescience

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Elias_Maluco posted:

I dont get why Ymir remains a slave even after getting the titan power

edit:

drat

she's a slave from birth and has been groomed through abuse to be subservient, it's likely she didn't know any other way

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RatHat posted:

Don't tell me his stupid plan is to make everyone in the world team up to fight him and thus achieve peace? That won't work, Marley will just genocide the Eldians afterwards to prevent this ever happening again.

For how long will anime continue to copy God Emperor of Dune

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
literally just

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It definitely wasn't a gag

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If I remember the lesson correctly from Heaven's Feel, the correct choice to get the true ending is to be willing to burn the entire world down to prevent your friend from turning into a broodmare for national defense

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Vincent Valentine posted:

He is. He made them meet each other so they can come and kill him as a team and act as a martyr to unify the world. It's the plot to... Well, a lot of things.

Being a giant person isn't as cool as a giant worm

Does this make Jean the Duncan

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This is a really weird take and we're in a thread with Kerning

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Badass: being a child soldier who mass murders thousands of people on orders of the occupiers and dissociates so hard to avoid confronting it he forgets his mission

Coward: an adult who is overwhelmed with guilt from the incredible amount of blood on his hands

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The entire point of Reiner's arc is that he can spend the rest of his life trying to atone for what he did but he can't because the Shifter lifespan is so short that he can't get even that. He's so morose because he knows he's done horrible things and he's going to be relieved of his misery very soon without having done anything good in the world to make up for it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Threatening the world with the Rumbling but only progressing as far as smashing all of Marley until the combined forces of the world unite to defeat Eren just as planned to ensure that Eldians are free forever is exactly the dumb kinda Leto II poo poo I signed up for. Bonus if Eren and Historia's kid is given to Mikasa to care for and hide his royal ancestry and is given the name Eren II in the last panel of the entire series.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Titans wiggling their butts in the air shooting out parachute silk and floating across the sea dangling

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Eren is way more Leto than Paul. Paul saw the future and blinded himself because he didn't have the heart to Do What Must Be Done.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I mean yeah that's the point of ending the Golden Path. If no one can see the future them humanity can be free.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It is kind of weird to suggest that a redemptive moment would be for the slaver to convince a freed slave to do a thing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
:catstare:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
After all this time I'm still rootin' for Eren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nilbop posted:

Man, I stopped rooting for him a long time ago. There's only so much rope I can give for "bad childhood" and "protagonist."

Eldians are just a cursed existence and Eren's got the only way out, win or lose.