Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Is this over or is it still releasing on monthly/weekly thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Saagonsa posted:

The manga has new chapters being released monthly.

In fact according to Crunchyroll the next chapter comes out in nine days

I just saw that adult swim will be showing the anime, is it worth watching/stays with the story. Plan on just reading the manga anyway, but its nice to have some music to go along with it in my head.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Missing Name posted:

Yes, EVERYONE. LOVES. MIKASA.

except Eren. SoT part loving hell

Have you seen the one with the 1.5m titans and her?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Legs! Where we are going, we wont need legs!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Just wait bigfoot titan will show up with titan sized 3d gear and then the poo poo will hit the fan.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

So from the charactor bet historia gets killed and then its all tears for the new royal family. And he is so lying that his family was like innocent people.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

She turns into goku, she was the hairy titan all along!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

They could literally do so many episodes with the last few chapters because so little happened. Maybe in 2 months we get to see the basement. What the gently caress could even be in the basement now?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Atleast Rod Reiss turned into a monster now so he can be killed finally.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

This manga is the king of having nothing happen.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

A pot cant cool off in 2 minutes, <super close up of the face>, They must of seen of 5 minutes before we got here. This loving manga I swear spends the most time on the most random rear end poo poo.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Yay! something happened this chapter.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Beefstew posted:

Is the series nearing its conclusion? Didn't they say it was going to be around 20 volumes at some point? If so, are they planning on airing the next season of the anime straight through the final chapters, maybe even releasing them at the same time?

Theres a ton of material to cover in one season. They are gonna have to split it up. I never watched the show but I know they only got like 20 chapters in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

I can't wait for them to open the basement and its just an empty room. And the main character can go "no dont you see the empty basement is in our minds".

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Favorite scene from this month.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

ATP_Power posted:

Quite the cliffhanger to leave things on. Seems like the only way out at this point is the coordinate power, notice how Eren landed in a place and position to look over the wall and see Erwin's situation on the other side. Obviously there's no guarantees with this series, but it certainly seems poised to have Eren try to use his coordinate powers to turn the tables on Monkey Trouble.

Don't worry is will happen on the last panel, so we have to actually wait 2 months to see how it ends.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

They should really make like a big sword for Erin too. They got titans, couldn't then like make a titan into a club?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Pyrotoad posted:

I was wondering about watching the live action movie so I looked up a few clips.

I don't think I'll watch the movie.

I read a note that the author requested the movie not let Eren become a titan and that they also remove Levi.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

God drat you Attack on Titan!

Chapter is on mangastream.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 9, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Elias_Maluco posted:

So no criticism allowed in this thread?

I like this manga, but I do feel its been dragging a lot lately. Mean no offence to anyone here, of course.

I think its been going on a hell of alot slower from the starting chapters just to make it last longer.

What was their plan for this whole battle again? Get split up, use lightning spears? This series loves to kill red shirts but why does every single character look the same?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 11, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

The chapters were annie was chasing them was full of action. Same with the first conflict where eren turns into a titan.

Why cant it be more like Terra Formers and have 100 chapters of nothing but a single fight.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

What if he finds out the basement was just all in his mind?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Was good, took long enough for stuff to happen.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Anyone wanna bet how many more chapters till they get to the god drat basement?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

So this chapter just made it more confusing. That basement has even more explain'n to do.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

The ocean is just a big lake.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

The ocean is just a big lake.

So its confirmed, the main character ate his dad right?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

JahRoo posted:

Seeing this entire arc animated is going to kick absolute rear end.

It looks like at least one of the countries with diplomats present at Willy's speech is actually in league with the Paradis Eldians. It's possible that the acquisition of Marleyan technology from all the battleships they captured allowed the Paradis Eldians to initiate diplomatic contact with some other countries before invading Marley.

The airship also gives them a good way of extracting Zeke post-betrayal, assuming that's what actually happens. They toss him onto the ship and everyone in Marley just assumes that his body was blown up by Levi.

It's hard to tell exactly what the endgame is here though. It looks like Eren is interesting in acquiring as many titan powers as possible, but that could be for a few different reasons. One argument is just to deny the enemy as many titan powers as possible, but he could also be trying to consolidate all 9 powers into one person (Historia?)

I ended getting interested and watched the anime finally to see how they animated it, and that made me want to go back and reread a bunch of chapters. Eren thinks that if he consumes royal blood he could control the founding titan in the chapter where Historia gives the scouts medals for defeating the invading titans(he also thinks that he doesn't want to tell anyone because it would seem that he wants to eat Historia). So I think the end game is to eat Zeke or something like that as a finale. I'm not sure if this needs spoilering because its just me speculating.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 4, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

There's 24 episodes in the next season? Hard to say how could they even fill that with 18 chapters with the royal family and 16 for the attack on the wall/basement journey. I could seem them stretch the royal family part or somehow cram all that into those episodes. I'm kinda interested to see if people stick with the royal family arc for how much it shifts from fighting titans to more of a fighting humans plot.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Has the new chapter leaked yet? I'm still super hyped since all these chapters have just kept getting better. I have no idea how this can be wrapped up in 20ish chapters. I could of sworn a long time ago the guy said it was already close to the end.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 3, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

U-DO Burger posted:

I enjoyed the entire rebellion arc, it was dense with plot

I forgot almost all the faces in the manga during this and it kinda blurred together because it was so slow but it really added alot. And it made all the titular things so much better when they came back. Looking at the gifs in the anime thread and I can't hope but wonder was he really trying to kill his sister's son,his nephew in that moment? The animation looks good.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Where the new chapter at?

Where is the new chapter at?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 7, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Just checked up on the anime and it looks like they arn't getting to the big battle till next season. I'm glad they took it slow. Oh poo poo nevermind, I guess they are going for 24 episodes.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 26, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Another good chapter, going to be a shame when the story ends... because I want more.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

JahRoo posted:

So I may be having trouble following due to the translations, but are we supposed to assume that all the higher ups have been drinking contaminated wine for a while now or was that specific bottle being saved for a special occasion?

I know zeke can activate people with his spinal fluid at will, but what we saw at the start of the Marley arc seemed to imply that his spinal fluid put them in a mildly catatonic state, so I have trouble believing a bunch of higher ups are walking talking titan bombs that have no idea.

Page 21 answers your first question.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

If Reiner is predestined to be eaten by Falco (or Gabi) because he had a future-memory, does that mean that he, Pieck and probably Porco are about to bust into the restaurant right now?

I think Eren is totally picking Falco to get his attacker titan. Falco helped Eren up, fixed his devil badge, and he talked with him a hospital. Owl simply decided that Eren's father should have the attacker titan because he left the walled village.

I like this page back when Eren is talking with Reiner after the time skip. I think it also hows how Eren feels about Falco's nature.

And I think Eren will either tell Reiner to decide his successor or heavily imply Gabi.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 12, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

I loving love it how we get taken back and shown another angle of this event in this flashblack. I love all how the story is being told through not so much action but through just conversations. I also like seeing all the future warriors as children.

On ending ideas being passed around, have you guys seen the last panel? The author showed a sketch of the last panel awhile ago I recently found in a news article.
I'll spoiler it just in chase but it doesn't show you that much.

The words in the picture are "You are free".

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 10, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Of course, this means like the Ackermans might get slaughtered in meantime, but Eren's made it explicitly clear he thinks they're subhuman mongrels unworthy of life anyway, so he may just see that as a nice bonus.

These last two chapters(maybe it was more that that) touch on this and I was thinking that maybe Eren has put it together that the founding titan changed them to how they are now because he was so familiar with how they gained their strength. Maybe he plans to free them also.

Asuron posted:

No matter what Erenís actual plan is, his wholesale massacre of innocent people is an inherently bad act. Whatever good outcome he may have planned doesnít wash away the suffering and destruction he caused, not just for the Marley civilians and the Eldian ghetto, but for the inevitable conflict he forced his own people into where many of them will die or suffer greatly.

It felt like it was just all planned out anyway to make Eren show himself. They did set it up to be announced in a place the eldian part of the city, so they had to know something would happen.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 17, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Even Willy Tybur was nothing but a pawn. They basically sent him up to be killed instantly.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 18, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Here's my wild take only for the sake of making everything even more nuts but I doubt it will be true. Pieck is owl's daughter.

Sub Harrison posted:

A lot of fuckery going on this chapter. Was that girl the original Ymir? Any thoughts on why he saw the same stars as Ymir did when she got the Jaw titan?

e: Actually, Zeke's words are almost the same as Ymir's letter.

I have also have had a sneaking suspicion since Eren ate the Hammer Titan that, the end goal is to consolidate all the titans in to one again. And maybe she ends up being the child in the final frame.

I thought it was weird that he was looking into the light at something.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 7, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

There's also one flaw with Zeke's plan. I'm assuming that Zeke told Eren that together because of Zeke's bloodline they can use the founding titan power but there is also another he could work together with the same effect, Historia. Eren could just work with her to accomplish another goal, a less euthanize everyone goal.

I guess Eren should really know some this from being able to use it by being close to Dina Fritz and Zeke most likely confirmed it for him. Eren did voice his suspicions of this when Historia was crowned queen and didn't tell anyone for fear of making people think he would harm her to gain the power for himself. It was a chapter from at least maybe 2 years ago.

There's also some strange wording to what Owl told Eren's father, in the same chapter.

Was it all planned out that long ago that it had to be two people changing the wills of the people? He says the king only made the vow with the founding titan.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Schwarzwald posted:

A lot of y'all seem to be figuring that they'll be some kind of big twist coming up, but I don't really know.

AoT doesn't quite seem like the kind of manga that'd have a big twist.

We're in the twist.

:getin: