Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

But on the other hand, there is that bit about Levi being "surprisingly old". Now, that could just mean that he is old by shonen manga standards, where twenty year olds are wizzed veterans looking down on the young fifteen year old newbies (and then sacrificing themselves to save them), or it could be a hint that he is or was a titan at some point.

I took it to mean that people think it is a miracle he has survived as long as he has considering all the combat he has seen. The casualty rate of the scouting legion is horrendous so most of them probably only survive a couple missions. Hell how many of them don't even survive one mission?

Or it could mean that even though he is in his 30's he is still in prime condition and ability. In most professional sports most players retire in their early 30's or even late 20's as their bodies are so worn out from training and competition that their performance degrades rapidly. Look at Brett Farve; people were calling him things like "too old" and "grandpa" but he was only in his late 30's and just into his 40's. When you consider the stresses 3DMG combat must put on the body it is amazing he can even walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I love the little character details in this manga. At first I just noticed how Sasha's plate was a mess and she was licking the bowl clean, a well known sign of respect for a cook, or had decided that using a spoon was too slow and decided to chug it down. Then I noticed that everyone else had barely touched their food and she was already done.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

visceril posted:

Wait why would titans melt in the rain? I don't think that's ever been talked about.

The ground would not be able to absorb all of the rain water and would turn into a swamp/mud pit.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

It seems Putin has revealed how he is going to conquer Ukraine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MH Knights fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 22, 2014

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

And only about five or six of them lived.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Historia is remarkably okay with eating Eren and taking his commander powers.

She was told he tastes like bacon.

Phobophilia posted:

Fair enough. Her heart wasn't totally in with the Recon corps. If other characters can constantly shift allegiances, so can she.[/spoiler]

Her heart isn't with the Recon Corps; its with Ymir. Hmm...maybe that is the reason she is willing to have some Eren burger. Someone may have told her that becoming a titan or whatever will happen will bring her closer to Ymir.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Kyte posted:

I can't imagine an scenario where this crossover can happen without devaluing either side of the crossover.

This is normal for western/American comic crossovers.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

It just occurred me: if Historia's sister was still alive during the attack on Wall Maria, the strike would probably have been a complete failure, as she could use the titan command thing to just send the titans away or even use then to kill Bert and Reiner.

Historia's sister/family were in the inner walls and could not have reached the outer walls in time to stop the attack. Then Grisha ate her before she could go and tell all of the titans to leave and patch up the hole on their way out.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

The series better end with a wedding between Historia and Ymir, that's all I'm asking.

What does the sound effect "zakk" supposed to be for?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The BBC has a small piece about AoT and an interview with Isayama. "I had a dream of no limits."

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

So we're like a couple chapters from the end right? Isn't this the last volume still?

This is still a hot IP that is racking in cash so probably not.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Kraus posted:

Is chapter 83 behind the paywall for some reason?

Yeah nothing shows up for me either.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

Premium only? When did this change? Usually the current month is open

e. ok this was already covered

Looking at the CR forums all of AoT was somehow flagged as Premium and there is no ETA as to when it will be fixed.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Did I miss the link or is the Crunchyroll version not out yet?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So Asia is an actual place in the AoT world. What did Mikasa's birthmark or whatever look like again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Props to Marley for stocking them with food in duck-shaped lunch boxes, though.
Bawk Bawk!

I think the duck thing is a training toilet a small child would use. Paradise crew adding insult to their actual injuries.