Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LEGO Genetics posted:

Real disappointment they chose only FT even with her having the highest body count technically.

I think the anime is probably a lot more popular than the manga in North America, so it makes sense that they would want to stick with the Titans who are revealed in the anime, so far!

Although hopefully they have Monkey Trouble show up out of nowhere at the end to baffle everyone who hasn't read the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sub Harrison posted:

When you google for an AoT wallpaper, one of the hits is Ymir, Annie, Eren, Reiner and Bert all standing behind their respective titans. I feel really bad for the s2 anime fans.

I actually just read the manga for the first time this past week, and I'd ended up stupidly spoiling myself on Bert and Reiner... but it actually made it really fun to read, because I'd notice them every time they showed up, and picked up on a lot of great foreshadowing. And as I result I ended up guessing that Ymir was one too, before I even knew her name. Haha.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: Kinda beaten, but I made it a loop!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

What's with all the Japanese characters? Japanese actors playing German characters, sure, I can accept that. But then all the new characters have Japanese names. It's a little weird, especially since Mikasa is supposedly the only Asian person in the world.

quote:

On the cast selection, producer Yoshihiro Sato said he did not pay as much attention to whether or not the cast members looked like the original characters. Instead, he had many discussions with Attack on Titan manga creator Hajime Isayama and went with actors who could act out the "characters' spirits."

I guess that's a plotline that they dropped.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It's like a nightmarish version of The Giver

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

El-Bonko posted:

She got shot in the shoulder, she'll be fine. The only way I could be less worried about her is if she fell off a cliff into a river and they didn't find a body.

She got shot in the shoulder and then slammed spine-first into a pillar at high speed, I think.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 8, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ataru13 posted:

God drat, what the gently caress is with goons and cucking?

This is a weird generalization to make in response to a totally plausible theory.

This is already a comic that has multiple characters doing horrible, extreme things because they think they're necessary. This wouldn't really be outside of the realm of that.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Dec 10, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Because he's the main character??

Have you ever seen the movie Psycho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I don't think Eren is going to die, but now I hope he does just because of how certain some of you are that he won't.