Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
IIRC they specifically mentioned the interior was rich in natural gas used as fuel for the 3d gear. I had just assumed it was that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
The Ackermans were products of titan research, that's probably why they can't be transformed.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

JahRoo posted:

So I may be having trouble following due to the translations, but are we supposed to assume that all the higher ups have been drinking contaminated wine for a while now or was that specific bottle being saved for a special occasion?

I know zeke can activate people with his spinal fluid at will, but what we saw at the start of the Marley arc seemed to imply that his spinal fluid put them in a mildly catatonic state, so I have trouble believing a bunch of higher ups are walking talking titan bombs that have no idea.

This was my thought too.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

HoneyBoy posted:

They already had that slack-jaw titan face going on pre-transformation, and they were in strait jackets weren't they?

Yeah, I'm thinking that they kinda blundered into figuring out part of the plot. Gabi is on pace to be a bigger fuckup than early Eren at this rate

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
What if I'm ambivalent to mildly positive on Game of Thrones and also think Attack on Titan isn't fascist

Ugh. I had this argument with a friend of a friend yesterday who even admitted he hadn't read/watched the series past like the first season and only read plot summaries and I just don't get it.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Eren's also a slave to his visions of the future and doesn't think he can or outright can't change the course of actions he's on.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Trailer showed a flash of the parasite latching onto Ymir, so we'll at least get that far.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
I feel like something else happened in the paths dimension that we weren't shown. Although I did go reread some old chapters the other night and Armin figures that killing Zeke night stop it 4-5 chapters back.

Gibbering posted:

I’m going to be very disappointed if Reiner doesn’t plot armor his way out of this.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

Joke Miriam posted:

I have a question from waaaaaaaay back in the day.
In Utgard Castle, why were there cans of food apparently written in the Marleyan language, or at least some non-Paradisian language that Ymir and possibly Reiner could read?

Were those supply caches left by the Warriors?

I think it's supposed to be Zeke's hideout while he looks for the other warriors, figuring that having the titans attack it would wipe out the evidence (which it did, in a way)