Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Well, in the anime at least (can't remember how its worded in the manga) Eren says something about how he was acting weird after mom died. I imagine you aren't doing so hot when your wife being killed drives you to turn your son into a living weapon against the people responsible for her death. Though I suppose that doesn't rule out him committing suicide by titan in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Well, but it wasn't just that he hadn't seen the 3DMG before, he also seemed to be bringing it back with him. It was a big piece of intel for him to bring back from his recon, which just seems like people beyond the walls completely separate from the rest of humanity. And yeah, the king as we have seen him isn't actually an important person.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Oh yeah, that panel reminds me, if eating people can take their abilities, they do have a handy Annie pill he can swallow to get that hardening ability

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Do you really think Eren would go through with it though? I don't. Mass murderer or not, when push comes to shove I doubt Eren can murder his friends for humanity's sake. That her sleeping beauty act was probably done in part so she couldn't be devoured.

Nah, things would have to get even more severely hosed for him to do that. I was just wondering about how she would come back into play, and with powers being transferable, it means maybe she doesn't even have to wake up. Though yeah, crystal shell probably specifically prevents devouring or something.

I know when she did that, my first thought is that is what would be in the basement: some crystallized people from olden times and maybe a way to wake them up, but after the whole shitstorm that happened since then with all kinds of new info...yeah, not so much.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im not buying into the "Reiss is actually a nice guy" story.

Murdering the whole Reiss family was certanily brutal, but we cant say Grisha did it for selfish reasons, for power or personal gain. He will later himself to pass this powers to eren. He must have a reson, a good one.

And he seems to be acting with the Reiner-Annie-Berthold gang, since he obviously knew about their strike on Wall Maria. And like then, he seems to be willing to commit the most extreme acts to achieve some objective, whatever it is.

Bottom line: I think he had a reason to kill the Reiss family, and the Reiss are probably part of whatever it is that the Human-titans are trying to destroy.

He might have been going there to get the controller ability for them, but then after seeing the destruction caused/loss of his wife decided he wasn't with them anymore.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
So can she control memories, or just give commands, commands which can include "forget this happened"? I always have them as two different things in my head because I assumed she was still alive, but if she is where that ability came from, maybe it is just one and the same? Guess we can't really say either way right now.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

my dad posted:

We already know they all are.

:v:

God drat Mikasa titan would gently caress some poo poo up, love the little Armin titan though

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Bilirubin posted:

Maybe someone used the forget mind control ability on King Kong?

I'm guessing King Titan was from the same faction as Monkey Trouble, humanity was being wiped out, King felt bad about this, went against their own people, and made the walls to keep some humans alive. Perhaps Monkey Trouble was leaving them alone because some sort of stalemate was achieved, but with the status quo being screwed up (wall breach, King Titan power out of commission), he came in to do some recon.

Also, yeah, Reiss is full of it, but it looks like he can't use the power either, otherwise why doesn't he just eat Eren? Why manipulate Historia into it?

Flying Squirrel fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 9, 2014

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Talk about taking Oral Histories to a whole new level, yeesh

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Sub Harrison posted:

What if Frieda's 'save the world power' is giving the people back its intelligence/humanity, and Eren can use it too for some reason?

Yeah, I figure it's likely that Eren will bust out his powers in the coming conflict and the Reiss will have a pants-making GBS threads realization that Eren can in fact use the power and that means things are not what he thought

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

But they already know he can use the power? The power they're talking about is just the Command Yell, which they also recently noted Eren can use but not as well as a Reiss because he's not of the proper bloodline.

Think I missed the part where Reiss knew he could do it, just not as well, thought his explanation was just, "nope, only we can do it"

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
So we know they have new weapons based on titanite, wonder if they have any new tactics based on working with Eren and his hardening ability. Like they didn't know about Magilla, but they knew they would be fighting Bert and Reiner. I assume they have some plan for that beyond "Levi murks the fucker in 0.3 seconds maybe"

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

badjohny posted:

They even have 3 titan/human hybrids to eat up where they are right now to regain human control.

And get a memory info dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
The only sure way to steal the coordinate power to keep the king from using it is to eat him. This necessitated using shifters. You can kick in a gate and let mindless titans in, so you don't need an army. Then the shifters can hide in the confusion. There is no retaliation (cause the king got got, don't know if they knew that or not, but either way, the walls don't mobilise), so they can infiltrate and do some recon before moving onto phase 2. Of course they hit phase 2 and then another shifter shows up, throwing their plan into disarray.

Although, they try to capture Eren instead of eating him, so I guess maybe they wouldn't have just tried to eat the king... Eh, I don't know.