Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ANIME AKBAR posted:

So.... why hasn't anyone been speculating on what those random numbers mean? Titan population, maybe?

What numbers?

EDIT: Oh. Have they appeared every time a titan has been killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ka0 posted:

Can somebody please explain how the 3D-gear works because I thought it was a portable gas-powered bungee cord but apparently it does other things.

It shoots a spear into something and then the motor retracts the cord, pulling the user with it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Or he gets taken out to show how powerful some new titan is.

He might die but I think he'll be around for a while.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Given their reaction I think it might turn out they quickly cut the human out or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 31

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well that can't be good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^^^ It's pretty heavily implied 3 chapters in.

hackbunny posted:

It could be awesome, that was the second best :tviv: twist in Parasyte

This is pretty good, thanks for the recommendation.

EDIT: Ended terribly.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 12, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elysiume posted:

What does that even mean?

He means the gas titans give off when they die I guess? Though I thought that was just steam.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

hackbunny posted:

Colossal used the 3D gear, or at least this is a theory on how it disappeared

Er, what?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, Ymir is female?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Except the blatant hints that people have been turning into titans? And the hairy Titan was inside the wall until a few chapters ago.

It may just be me, the two little Titans fighting this chapter looked almost like children playing. Maybe they are converted kids.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Eren didn't get barfed up anyways, he transformed while in the titan's stomach.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not really surprising considering how popular it is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oh Snapalope posted:

Guilty Crown and Shoe will strike back just you wait!

Guilty Crown went way downhill once the protagonist became Hitler.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I dunno, I think it'd be pretty boring if the titans turn out to be basically zombies.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Even if Ymir doesn't regenerate her arm and leg overnight, she will the next time she goes into Titan form.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This chapter is the dumbest thing.

Lenaway posted:

Link me? I can't find it.

There is a thread on Mangahelpers with spoiler summaries. The raw is at the bottom of the page to download.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok, after reading the chapter I'm fine with this.

It doesn't look like Bernholt, Ryner and Annie's actions are necessarily representative of all human-titans. They were kids when they broke the wall, and were likely raised hating humans.

Something cool, This Guy called it a year ago. Provides a bunch of foreshadowing too.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 13, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AnonSpore posted:

There's a huge amount of discussion in this very thread talking about that, too.

I was more amazed by him being accurate to even what titans they were. We all knew Ryner and Bernholt were suspicious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's a bit scary that it doesn't seem to be a big deal that Bernholt's titan form is so big. Makes me think there may be more people in his village that can turn into titans that big as well, perhaps even bigger.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Schwarzwald posted:

What are peoples thoughts on the reveal that there are titans who can dig underground tunnnels?
If such titans exist and can dig under the walls, then why did the titan's need to breach the outer most walls, at all?

That was just them speculating how the titans got in if not through the wall. I still think it's obvious the hairy titan is going around transforming people somehow.

EDIT: So on Page 14 Ryner says "Our objective was to wipe out all the humans within the wall." Could someone who knows Japanese read the raw and see if he does actually specify the humans within the wall? Because that would imply there are humans OUTSIDE the wall, which Ryner and Bertholdt probably came from.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 14, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It hasn't been stated, but I assume because they'd have to abandon their horses, supplies, and anyone without 3D gear.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eiba posted:

That said, I'm really loving curious as to the motives of these people who thought it was a good idea to kill a majority of humanity. I mean, not knowing the origin of the Titans, they are literally the most evil people in history. Even Hitler wasn't this ruthless or effective.

I badly want to know why.

They were kids at the time, they likely didn't fully realize the consequences of what they were doing. And if they came from a village outside the wall, I imagine what they had been told about the humans within the wall wasn't very nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haha Armin is being voiced by Yoko.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So did the English publishers ever explain why they chose such a dumb and confusing name when they brought it over?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Because it's not the head that kills them? They've shown that they can kill Titans with cannons but most of the time they miss the vital point and the titans just get back up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

frajaq posted:

Good job team who was supposed to pay attention to the Colossal Titan. "Lets watch this cool titan fight down there instead of doing our jobs :downs:"

It's not like they could do much, seems like the Colossal titan had a cloud of steam around it that meant no one could get close.

mind the walrus posted:

So any guesses on how exactly the Titans are getting inside the walls? I'm guessing the tunnel network which was built/maintained by the people who founded the city, in some form of conjunction with the people who can become Titans.

It was implied people from the villages were turning into titans somehow. Probably from the hairy titan.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 13, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TTBF posted:

It's possible that they weren't actually responsible for Wall Maria being breached, and are just the second individuals to become those sorts of titans. They might have claimed that to get Eren more interested in hearing what they had to say.

This would be a really dumb fakeout.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, the girl had short black hair and freckles, which is probably enough of a similarity to make a titan mistake her as Ymir. The thing is though, that means the Titan knew Ymir had a human form, and I guess didn't consider her a traitor considering the titan didn't attack the girl immediately. Does that mean the feral titans have sent in spies? But the hairy titan didn't know anything about the 3D-gear, so I guess it'd be ANOTHER faction? Man there are a lot of factions in this. Military, Church, Human-Titans from outside the wall, Hairy Titan, Titan-Humans....

EDIT: vvv And yeah, Ymir must be well known among the titans. Unless that particular titan just knew her, but I doubt it.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 15, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hairy Titan didn't seem like a Human-Titan to me, I think he was a regular Titan who gained sentience. Not sure how that would make him hairy though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

EDIT:
By the way, has there been any discussion as to what Mikasa is? She's obviously not a 'vanilla' human, but probably not a Titan, either.

Really? I don't think there's been any indication she is anything but a regular human. She's just really really talented.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I do think there's something up with Sasha though. This doesn't seem like the kind of manga to use this as a gag.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^^ This guy on the Mangafox forums has most of them. And he nails the identities of the Armored and Colossal Titans like a year before they were revealed too.

By the way, for all of you guys saying how they should've built tunnels look at This. Looks like they DID try to build underground cities but abandoned them for whatever reason.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 20, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How in the world is Christa so popular? Before the last 10 chapters or so she barely got any screen-time(page-time?)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Donkringel posted:

Ok, keep in mind that I'm just current with chapter 31 onward (I stopped reading for awhile) but Annie, Eren, Bertholdt and Reiner all have pale eyes. Clue for human-titans? Just want to throw that out there, any credence for it?

Also if it is indicative of human titans then reveille is one as well.

Or it is a way of showing off shellshocked people.

It's a way of showing who has seen the battlefield, yeah.

EDIT: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/89449/shingeki-no-kyojin_v4_ch15_by_gantz-waitingroom/10

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe she took her name from her dad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Captain Invictus posted:

Has Mikasa ever been cut? It's been a while since I read the whole manga, so I don't recall.

Iirc the only time she's been injured since she was kidnapped was when she was attacked by Titan-Eren, and she only got a scratch. She did almost get killed/severely injured by Titan-Annie though, she got saved by Rivaille.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's implied she hesitated because she still thought of them as friends.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
She was cut by Titan-Eren when he attacked her during the second time he fully transformed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thoren posted:

That scene is one of my favorites too. Just the way Reiner actually wants to rationalize and reason with the humans at that moment, but upon being rejected by Eren he just says gently caress it and pulls off his cast. You just know poo poo is going to go down.

I think it's more that they realize how good an opportunity they have to kidnap Eren and go back to their home village. Seems to me Reiner and Bertholdt did something that made them not welcome at their home village anymore and they think bringing Eren there would be a good way to fix that.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 23, 2013