Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Breaky posted:

We don't know how fast they go inactive out of sunlight.

The idea about the tunnel was probably far more to do with just putting her in a confined space where she couldn't transform

There's no reason both ideas couldn't figure into their plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

TTBF posted:

What does that last page say?

The katakana reads Eren VS. Annie! (Eren VS Ani, directly transliterated)

Not sure about the kanji.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
They know you have to have a clear idea in your head of your goal to be able to transform, so why didn't anyone clobber Annie over the head to muddle her thoughts?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
You can feel the hate roiling off their faces on page 14.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

well they certainly could be an item

I kinda took this as Reiner reassuring Ymir that nothing untoward was going to happen.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

redneck sushi posted:

I suspect Annie has the same ability as Eren to control other titans, just to a lesser degree.

Were that true, Eren would have been aware of it. Reiner and Bert could feel it when Eren used his power. If she were doing anything but just making a ruckus to call titans to her, Eren would have picked up on it.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
The whole argument about Ymir eating Berik, therefore she regained her humanity is a pretty solid example of people falling into the post hoc fallacy. You guys are forgetting that while the temporal sequence "Ymir ate Berik., Ymir regained humanity." happened, inferring a mechanism is impossible. I could say "Bert kicked down the wall., Eren gained the power to become a titan.", and infer that the destruction of Wall Maria is what gave Eren his powers. This follows the same form as the argument about Ymir and Berik, so it's blatantly fallacious.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
I think the translation made me stupider for having read it.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

Ymir's Titan form does not look feminine at all, remember that. I think it means that feminine Titan forms like Annie's are a rarity, and the rest look masculine or monstrous like Ymir's.

Reiner, Annie, and Bert's titan forms are all rather custom. Perhaps Annie just wanted something more feminine?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Vincent Valentine posted:

The.....vendor, I think it was, from Plants vs Zombies.

Crazy Dave!

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Right when they're about to get to the basement, the secret zeroth division of the MP will show up with their anti-basement 3DMG.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

For gently caress's sake, get the German right.

It's "Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger!" (Are ye the food? No, we are the hunter!)

Edit: Moron, you don't put the umlaut over the A and have the E there. AE is another way to write Ä.

Kraus fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 4, 2014

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

genericnick posted:

Die Jäger is plural so that's correct.

While that's true, those aren't the lyrics.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Krinkle posted:

I had to check the wiki for who Zackley was because I didn't recognize him at all. I Only read the manga after the anime ran out of episodes. Was he seen post anime at all before now?

He was presiding over Eren's trial.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

visceril posted:

I think it would be great if Historia becomes the protagonist and eats Eren. Maybe she will be The Chosen One That Is Different and be able to communicate with Eren/Grisha/all other shifters in the chain, like how Hohenheim could talk with the souls transfixed inside of him in FMA

You've literally just described the Kwisatz Hadreach. Is Isayama a Dune fan?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Is "Fubar" a real last name?

It could be a Japanization of "Huber". Very roughly speaking, /h/ is realized as something like /f/ in Japanese before /u/.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
The lightning spear looks a hell of a lot like the anti-human 3DMG.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
I wish Eren could just access his dad's memories of the basement.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Is chapter 83 behind the paywall for some reason?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Kild posted:

Think its their anti ad block stuff?

I'm on a brand new laptop with no ad blocker, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
I don't know about y'all, but it was extremely satisfying to watch Bert receive his comeuppance like that.