Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Holy gently caress, the giants themselves are so incredibly unnerving. The way they seem to be in a content, half-mindless state most of the time... it makes me half expect there to be some sort of exposition from inside a giant's mind where they're shown to simply ~love~ humans so much that they can't properly express it though anything else than eating them. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

The scene where all the small-ish ones collaborate on dismembering and eating those soldiers while the big bald one watches is the absolute worst. Fghfghghfgjgh

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Kerck Pnameless posted:

I found this amusing.

Ohh... steamy skinless giant-man. Only you may be the receptacle for my nightly snugglings. :allears:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I seriously think these giants are the creepiest monsters ever introduced as part of a manga setting. Or any setting, for that matter.

Also what's the deal with "ymir's people" and the titan that seemed to struggle against its wants before eating the girl? That was incredibly disturbing. And does it mean that there are an entire subclass of partially sentient titans

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Probably going to be really bad, but who knows. The idea of "giants invading a peaceful shopping district" doesnt particularily hype me...

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Rivaille's perma-rapeface lessens the impact of the last panel a bit, but it was still really good. Now hyped as gently caress for the next chapter.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Is that a woman? Im pretty sure other characters used "he". I dont know what to think with manga art at times. :stare:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Hahaha, what the gently caress? That's so silly. At least call it Attack of the Titans, even though that sounds just as pulpy.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

poo poo yes. It just keeps piling on with the suspense. Also MEANINGFUL CHOICES

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Jesus christ!

e: (It's chapter 29 and it's pretty great.)

No loving way :stare:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

The Corporal remains a loving beastly warrior. Knowing this manga, that can't be permanent.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Apart from the two main characters, I remember Rivaille because it sounds like "rival" and because he's such a hardass and looks like he doesn't have a single joy in life. Character design isn't the strength of this series though and I feel like it would have the potential to be vastly popular if the author was better at that sort of thing. But holy poo poo, his monsters are unsettling as gently caress.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

It is? Holy poo poo that makes me happy.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Auuugh holy poo poo those last few pages. :stare:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

When do raws usually show up? I'm so drat curious about the next chapter.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

gently caress I love the creepy reactions and behavior of the Titans on the ground.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

If this was Battle Angel Alita we'd still be in ZOTT! :suicide:

People give Last Order poo poo for ZOTT but it's still an amazing read when you don't have to wait years for the next tankobon to come out. It's so amazingly over the top and well-drawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

My dreams have come true