Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Can we assume that all construction workers patching that hole in the wall will be killed after their job is done so that they can't tell anyone about the Titans inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Gyges posted:

Man, Reiner has the weakest last name of all the human titans. Jaegar can mean a hunter, a type of soldier in some militaries, or a type of bird that harasses other birds to steal their prey; Leonhardt looks like Lionheart; Fubar is pretty descriptive of Titan transformation and what they do to people; and then Braun means brown.

That's only because he has a really bad-rear end first name.
Reiner (or Rainer) comes from the Old High German ragin heri - "councillor of armies".

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Van Dine posted:

Apparently Hange is an old-fashioned, well established German surname, so if that's really her given name and she also has a name that's usually a given name for her surname, it would be very strange indeed.

I've been under the impression that Hanji is just an incorrect romanization of the German given name "Hansi" (it uses the same kana as Hanji).

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

If anything, you can already be disappointed with him dropping his intended Kill 'em All Tomino-style ending because of the success of the anime.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Jackie Chan's City Hunter from 1993 is one of my favorite movies of his.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I Love Annie May posted:

Would you rather have Eren steamroll every single enemy like he's Naruto or something like that?

Quite the contrary, I'd like everyone to die in vain and then stay dead.

People surviving just about anything as long as they have a name (or rather, a fanbase) is a huge part of what turned Attack on Titan into the generic shounen shitfest it is now.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

When I started reading AoT, I thought it was rather interesting because characters were dying left and right.
You could never be sure what was going to happen and who was going to survive any given encounter with the titans, which made for some nice mix of suspense and despair.

Yeah, I would have preferred if Eren stayed dead, but that was, what, one time in forty chapters that someone escaped death?

Since then, having a name (and/or fanbase) more or less guarantees any given character to survive just about anything, which turns the drama into a series of cheap fake-outs without any lasting impact.

Dragon Ball did the Armin thing way better, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I Love Annie May posted:

They have tons of material to be adapted and their idea is to make up a bullshit storyline that nobody wants?!

I'd prefer an original story continuing from the fight with Annie over the shitshow the manga has become.
If the second season sucks, so be it. Then it at least had the potential of going somewhere more interesting instead of sticking to something we know is poo poo.