Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Kung Food posted:

Titans don't have any reproductive organs at all so where they come from has been one of the big mysteries of the series.

They lack internal organs, period. Also, they are surprisingly light for what they seem to be, which raises questions about what exactly they are made of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Zorak posted:

It's entirely possible that all the Titans are originally man made, and the experiment just went Horribly Bad somehow. Or they were man made as part of a giant eugenics "KILL THE POOR" type thing by the ruling class. They were happy when they lost that wall at the start of the series, after all, what with it reducing the "mouths to feed".

On a related note, one of my favorite aspects of this manga is the fact that I have no clue how to place this world technologically. While the differences between the central district and the outlying districts you can chalk up to a rural/urban difference, the 3D gear, the weapons, and the Titans themselves all seem to indicate that there is advanced technology beyond the printing-press level we've explicitly seen.