Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

JahRoo posted:

So most of the translations I've read had the premier named "Darius Zackley" but CR is going with Dahlis Zachary which I guess is another way to read that but it looks so weird after reading the former for so long.

He makes that noblemanís face smell Ďzachly like his butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:ssh: Gabi has a lot in common with Reiner because Reiner has a lot in common with Eren.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Sindai posted:

And now we know that Zeke has a way to turn huge numbers of Eldians, like for example the ones in the Marley ghettos, into titans under his or Eren's control almost instantly as long as they can sneak the gas in.

Yeah, two things I noted about this chapter:

First, the Eldians exposed to the gas donít turn unless and until a coordinate power activates them.

Second, we only have whatís her nameís word for if that Zekeís volunteers/defectors are Marleyan and the chapter makes an effort to point out they are still being kept around by the Paradisans inside the walls.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Levi seeing his dead comrades... not a good omen for him based on how that went for Erwin and Hanji.

Also did one of the previous chapters explain why Eren and Zeke* couldnít just touch back in Marley? They were plotting together, Zeke had his plan and Eren wanted to double cross him and rumble. Not sure what the hold up was.

*e: phone corrected this to Zeneca

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 24, 2021

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

eh, doesnít seem realistic to me. if that route didnít end the titan curse and miraculously erase thousands of years if hatred, the subject of Ymir would be turboscrewed by turbocharged racism as soon as the dust settled.

ďAll we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep fuckin' everybody 'til they're all Eldians.Ē

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Itís intentionally hovering to recover the scouts, op.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Rereading since the Marley arc, there was a pretty good fake out when Gabi almost gets stabbed by Kaya and Mikasa saves her (Gabi asks why and Mikasa says no reason in particular) then later that same chapter Eren explains that Mikasa would always be ďprogrammedĒ to protect him as an Ackerman... which made me think maybe thereís some instinct to protect Gabi as the future founding titan since we know paths connect with the future. So Gabi must inherit the founder, right?

But then during the rumbling itís revealed by flashback with Zeke that Ackermans keep their free will and Eren was just trying to chase Old Yeller away when he was being lovely to Mikasa and Armin. I choose to think it was a knowing fake-out by the author though. Still think Falco ends up eating Eren for the obvious reasons I mentioned in the anime thread.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 1, 2021

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

christmas boots posted:

I believe the technical term is "white fanging"

Iím enough of a dumb nerd my first frame of reference is Nymeria from Game of Thrones.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I guess no one needs to eat Eren to end up with his memories depending on how things shake out with Ymir, but I think Falco gets them somehow. The shot of him looking up at the sky during the Fort battle is I think the only thing Eren/Grisha/past hosts werenít personally around to see that showed up in one of Erenís memory panels.

But it does help that the Jaw is the one thing that can bite through the WH bearerís crystal.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

When do we get the chapter? :f5:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

mightygerm posted:

The leaks thread on reddit apparently became a shitposting singularity with everyone freaking out. Its over 23,000 posts already.

The spoilers (at least on ReadSNK) sound like the chapter is good, which shouldnít be too big a surprise at this point.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

whalestory posted:

And what are people's reading on Eren's sitdown with Mikasa, Armin, and Gabi where he talks about Ackerman's being slaves and beating up Armin? Armin later argues that Eren made that Ackerman master/slave thing up, but Mikasa pinning Armin down seemed pretty convincing at the time... which also makes me wonder why Eren keeps insisting that he's not a slave and that he's free. That freedom doesn't seem to necessarily jive with is future actions, but I dunno.

Iím just surprised Armin got pissed enough to throw down. Maybe heís the one to eat Eren if itís not Falco. He is the narrator in the anime after all.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Eej posted:

Ymir and Historia are about as gay as you can get without turning to the camera and saying "btw they're gay". Eren and Historia don't quite have that in the text but what is very apparent is that they have a very strong bond with one another, to the point that having a child to protect one another is not out of the question.

But she can just hook up with the farmer then for protection from being fed the Beast Titan. Eren is an unneeded middle man in that scenario if she needs to hook up with the farmer anyway to cover for Eren being the father.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 16, 2021

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Eren will be reborn as the baby.

As Mikasa and Jeanís baby. The ultimate punishment.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

MechaX posted:

Wait if both Ymir and Eren were out of paths, and Zeke was dead, who built the Colossal Eren?

Who built the original Ymir Titan?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Yeah the idea is probably they will be free to chart their own course (without perpetrating or experiencing more genocide).

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Isayama def did not stick the landing but there are a few things I think itís important to remember. First, Eren is the little psycho he always was and arrived at a psycho attempt to fix the world. Itís real simple and I think thatís the best way to make sense of his character. Post time-skip Eren has just realized through his future perspective that heís a monster ďthe same as you, Reiner.Ē Itís not like heís actually a master strategist or anything. Heís just a dumb murderous 19 year old with godlike powers.

Second, Eren doesnít even know what will happen after he dies as far as Paradis surviving or Eldia being restored because I think his memory only goes as far as the Attack Titans last hostís last memory. So in one sense heís made a bunch of decisions knowing how they turn out, exactly opposite Leviís advice that you take your chances no matter what you do. But in the end Levi is right and Eren basically just made a dumb plan and gambled that his comrades may make a better future when heís gone. Thatís the path to ďfreedomĒ such as it is but Eren himself does nothing to really free the world from creeping fascism because if itís even possible heís certainly not equipped for it. Because his only solution to someone possibly taking away his freedom is taking theirs. Basically, everything with Eren is super consistent and the bad part is letting him off easy in a sense. Like no one at the end of Watchmen tells Ozymandias ďthank you for becoming a mass murdererĒ ... I mean, címon.

Third, AFAIK thereís no plot-established reason that Eren turned into a bird but now we know all the memories from that one page way back when are something he had access to, right? (Dina seeing Berthold and passing by and Falco looking up at the Eren-bird.)

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

There is nothing to suggest Eren turned into a bird. It was just symbolism.

Idk what if the PATHS were birds all along