Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Shneak posted:

It's good that the art is bad because there were an excess amount of mutilated bodies (of people STILL LIVING) in this chapter. :stare:

I did get a good laugh out of Armin's perfect 8-pack.

Thats what your abdominals look like under all that fat and skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

It turns out that all along, Grisha Yeager was actually the lead singer of Nickelback.

LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

Booooo

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Has anybody read Attack on Titan Anthology? Any thoughts on it?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Szmitten posted:

Not if you tell them to stand in a circle and get hard and stay like that forever.

Keep going...

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Poor Zackley he didn't get to strap Eden into the poop chair like he wanted

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Eren is going to consume all the titans then encase himself in crystal forever. Thus solving that whole pesky titan situation without having to genocide anybody

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I just realized that Eren infiltrating Marley, killing their ruling family and stealing their titan mirrors Grisha dong the same on Paradis with the Reiss family

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Anybody know what the tumblr and kpop teens who accused aot of being fascist propaganda are saying about this season? are they still running with Isayama being a cryptofash?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Beefstew posted:

Tumblr is dead but Twitter is still on that poo poo and refusing to take the L.

Tumblr is more of a description of a certain mindset than a place at this point

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I know we're working on manga logic here, but if Eren/Ymir win and crush every plant and land based creature in the world, there wont be much of a future for eren jr

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Then you might have a couple of weeks before all the birds die from not having anything to eat

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Conspiratiorist posted:

The bulk of the planet's oxygen is produced in the ocean, and even if all photosynthesis stopped tomorrow, oxygen depletion wouldn't be an issue for a few thousand years (even more so with the bulk of terrestrial life similarly extinguished).

Furthermore, while atmospheric carbon dioxide would certainly spike in the short term, a lack of continuous excess production combined with an immediate reabsorption as fast-growing plants colonize cleared areas means this spike would only last a few decades.

Wouldnt erosion and desertification take in effect in the newly clear cut areas?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Really good titan designs in this chapter

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I was looking up how tall Yelena was after seeing people online speculate that the soldier in disguise is Armin and yo I had no idea yelena was this freaking massive

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

If I was caught in an endless cycle of ethnic violence I simply would not genocide the entire world

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

the climax of the story has been former enemies setting aside their differences and working together towards the common goal of stopping eren. Im guessing eren partially succeeds but the warriors end up saving their families

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Maybe Im a dumb baby with bad taste but I really liked this chapter

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Some of yall havent the read the Dune series and it shows smh

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

still not jingoist or necessarily pro war

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Alos the entire military command of both sides are dead and the last 2 members bonded over their common humanity before dying. I just dont see how you can interpret this as being pro war

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Remember folks, depiction does not equal endorsement

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Bleck posted:

Starship Troopers manages to do what it does because it puts it's whole leg behind the kick of the Bad Ending - if Eren is actually defeated by Armin deciding to talk about how he likes being alive, then the story is, perhaps inadvertently, making the case that the consequences of ever-escalating fascism are avoidable as long as like believe in ourselves or whatever.

I think it just kind of undercuts the whole "here's the endgame of fascism" thing to be like "unless you have a deus ex machina that you unlock by talking about how much you loved your dad."

Im trying to understand your argument. First you said the story is jingoistic because characters with military training are the heroes and now youre saying that the anti war message is weak because the conflict is being resolved with dialogue? What are you trying to say?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Historically, fascism usually gets defeated by groups of people with really big guns. I get what youre saying though, but as others in this thread have said, the series isnt against violence for the sake of protecting yourself or others. Also whats "defeating" eren is a group of former enemies in an ethnic conflict putting their differences aside, embracing their common humanity and putting a stop to genocide.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I bet the ending is going to be vague about the consequences of the rumbling. Like "wow that was scary but whatever comes after we're going to be ok as long as we have each other" and then bam the end

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Nah let him post, this is honestly more entertaining than most anime threads

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

There's no rule saying everything in fiction has to be wrapped up perfectly. Some of the best books I've read have unclear endings

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Its magic

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I dont want Isayama to midichlorian this up

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

RIP kernig chameleon

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I kept hoping it was all a fakeout or that Eren was playing 3D chess to trick the jaegerists. It didnt hit me that he might be the baddie until Grisha started begging Zeke to stop him.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Levi and Kenny never really had any conflict with the people they bonded to so it makes sense that they never got headaches

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

I think thats a reference to the ending of the original battle angel alita series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Seriously? That bad?

Its not even translated yet!