Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Well, I just sat down and read all of the currently translated chapters and i'm hooked!

I don't really mind if the art in any manga is bad, especially at the beginning of a series because it's fun to see how the art develops into it's own unique style as the series goes on.

The only time i've found the artwork to be too distracting to keep on reading was...Battle Royale 2: Blitz Royale.

I have a couple of guesses for this series:

That general/Commander Pixis guy? Yeah he's evil.
Maybe Eren can become a colossal titan eventually too but it'll be a horrible strain on his psyche/body because he did look terrible after conjuring that skeletal frame just to block the cannonball.
The colassal titan that broke the two walls only appeared for a short period of time because of the immense focus and strain it took to become that large? That could explain while he still appears incomplete and evaporating.
Every titan does have a base human most likely stuck in a dream like euphoric state and was completely absorbed into the conscience of the titan. It might be why most are happy going and all creepy smiles until their neck is cut.

I can't wait to see where this story is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Feriowind posted:

Oh man, this manga is AWESOME! Though I do kinda wish I found out about this after it was finished. The wait for the next chapter is gonna be absolute torture!

Well, here's some fanart that I drew since Titan Eren is loving amazing!

Woah, just want to say that's awesome and you should draw more.

More Advance of the Giants stuff to tide people over in between chapters!

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 30, 2011

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Serious Frolicking posted:

So, a completely original story based in modern Japan?

Maybe the scenes in the shopping center will take place in the past where the giants first started the chaos and whatnot?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Oh god, i'm gonna' reread this series from the beginning just to see who else is wearing a ring!

I know that sounds dumb but you never know!

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
You know what I really want to see show up in this series?

Combo-titans!

It seems like a possibility.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

pandaK posted:

3D gear jumping titans

Or net-wielding titans!

Wait, they never fully explained what powers the 3D Gear, right?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

pandaK posted:

Pressurized gas canisters

Ohh,that's right.

Well, this sounds dumb but what if they were canisters of pressurized titan gas?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Elysiume posted:

What does that even mean?

Was jokingly asking a "what if" since there's so many mysteries surrounding the titan's physiology like the steam they let off.

Like what if it turns out the fuel used in that gear was something made from titans.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Oh Snapalope posted:

Where can I get one!

I haven't had any luck finding these online.

Also, on page 14 of chapter 41 I thought for a brief moment that Ymir had the ability to go through walls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
I'm still having a lot of fun with this series!

At a recent convention in Portland,OR they aired a marathon of the episodes so it was even more fun watching them a second time in a small crowd of people who hadn't seen or read AoT before.

The confusion during episode 5 was the best.