Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I'm just waiting for someone to post a screencap of the titan pilot's eye from the OP, where it is clearly Annie's eye and hair being shown (albeit very briefly.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

There's no way that isn't manga readers posting spoilers as speculation trying to seem cool. I disbelieve.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Armin is Princess Serenity-Titan?

Pretty sure that's Christa, Armin's the one in the dead center.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I found it pretty creepy to begin with anyway. What's so attractive about a giant flayed human with muscle tits?

He's not saying he's attracted to it, just that it's searing with heat, that smoke is rising as steam boils off of it. Which is factually correct.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

RBX posted:

Stopping in place with the shocked face after somebody says/does something shocking is the most anime/manga/Japanese thing ever. Don't read too much into it.

"Back then, I didn't understand the meaning of Ymir's behavior, but all I know is that after that, the "Armored Titan" didn't come to our pursuit anymore." It's pretty clear cut, Reiner was just not able to chase.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

trucutru posted:

Yeah, it could be me just reading it wrong.

Reiner mentions that she ate her friend. Soon afterwards he mentions that she recovered her mind. But they don't say link one thing with the other.

She recovered her memories some time after eating that dude. It may be linked to it or it may not.

Elvis died in 1977. AIDS was first clinically observed in 1981 in the US, only a few years later. But they didn't link one thing with the other.

A widespread, horrible illness first developed some time after a famous man died. It may be linked to it or it may not.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

What a weird translation. A better way to put it would be that Eren does better when he's desperate. So by surrounding him with his friends who will die if he fucks up or doesn't have what it takes, they're hoping he'll have better results.

"What Eren needs... Is an environment where he's able to become desperate." That's the line according to the crunchyroll translation.

It makes more sense.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Has there ever been a live action film based on a manga that hasn't been bad?

I mean, there's always Ping Pong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Millions posted:

I've been watching the first couple anime episodes with my girlfriend who is new to the series. When Eren is describing his experience in Shiganshina just after joining the cadets, he mentions the Armored Titan and the goddamn camera switches for literally no reason to focus on the yet-to-be-introduced Reiner :bang:

The manga does the exact same thing, though. Also shows Bertolt when discussing the colossal titan.