Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

rvm posted:

It's pretty clear in retrospect that he (and a few pages later Ymir) was trying to prevent Connie from investigating this titan.

It was even clear at the time. I just assumed that it was all part of trying to keep Connie from breaking down in the middle of a potentially dangerous situation. When Reiner pulled Eren aside I assumed it would be to let him in on the fact that the titans came from inside the wall and that they should broach the topic to their commanders discreetly to help keep it from Connie. It made what he actually said even more shocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Autumncomet posted:

I get the impression she's not done with the flashback yet.

Seriously hosed up all around. Zoe mentions that the corps might split in two; is that a reference to discontent in the MP (people like Marlow I'm guessing) or that Erwin doesn't have as firm a grasp on the Survey Corps as we thought?

I got the sense that it was the MP might be having internal tension.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

What does that mean, though, doing both at once? That line was really confusing.

They'll do lower key experimentation while at the same time looking for an opportunity to strike at their political opponents. As opposed to immediately running an operation to secure Wall Maria or keeping Erin completely under wraps until they're sure he's safe.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Those men aren't lumpenproles collaborating with the capitalist, but members of the wall cult. Even the most psychopathic capitalist is not going to stab a child in the throat, that's so gauche, they're better utilised in the coal mines or in the brothels. No, the wall cult forms a distinct group within the population, wielding disproportionate influence, assassinating their enemies, and whose upper membership is maternally inherited.

What better way for the author to round off their villainy with a little blood libel?

Eh, the major hole in this is that too much of their motivation is being intentionally kept from the reader. To really be comparable there'd have to be unified in an unquestionably selfish or vindictive motivation held by the entire wall cult, and it would require them to actively work against the populous at large. Right now we don't know what their motivations are, and I personally I have a sneaking suspicion that much of what's going on has at least some legitimate grounding in wanting to keep the kingdom safe.

Also the upper membership isn't maternally inherited, Historia is connected through her father, not her mother.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

I think Crunchyroll has Jan. 8th listed as the day they post the next chapter. Unless you meant the raws, in which case I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Though maybe Eren getting captured every arc is predictable at this point. Eren (so far) doesn't have the ability to absorb other titan-shifter powers. His powerset is much more powerful. Domination / Mind Control.

This reminded me of something from the last chapter that's been bothering me. The plans to capture and talk to the real king seems to kind of ignore the suspicion they have that mind control powers are what wiped out the outside world from the collective memory of humanity. I got to wonder if they have any plans to try to avoid this during their capture/interrogation. Erwin says that if he gets a good enough answer he'll back off, but what if he's order to back off through mind control?