Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
/\/\ That might be the best thing I've seen done with the new Happy Meal box meme yet.

Okay. I just went through the entire anime in three viewings and binge read the manga. I'm hooked as all hell. Goddamned getting hooked on another monthly manga; they're torture.

Since it's a monthly, how much/how long do I have to spoiler things? All month? Spoilering to be safe:

What's the speculation on Levi Ackerman instead of Rivialle? How are he and Kenny related to Mikasa? She didn't look like her "dad" one bit; I don't care if her mom was "oriental".

Also, I'm down with "Kenny the Ripper"; all he's missing is an eyepatch.

I'm waiting for the Claymore type reveal about the truth of the world, because you know the cloistered world within the walls isn't it.

Hanji. Hanji forever. There was so much that was said about her when she kicked the table over. Could not care less about Ichigo Eren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

TheKingofSprings posted:

From the Adult Swim thread.

I see a lot of people disliking that twist.

Their loss; that's a good twist.

We started watching it on Adult Swim, and were immediately hooked. Got the subs and binge read the manga. [Cursed that season two of the anime is way off in the distance.) I assumed Eren was going to become a Titan--no one in the opening credits gets killed off in the fourth episode.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
To what extent was Armin molested? It was clear that guy had a disgusting intention, and was grabbing Armin wanting to hear a "little girl's voice", but I didn't think it implied that Armin was assaulted beyond that. The pervert would have found out he was a boy, which he didn't until he was captured and "heard" he was a boy.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
Does anyone have any theories on who the monkey/ape titan is? I had sort of thought Grisha, but don't really have any supporting evidence.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Gyre posted:

Also I think we can start speculating a bit about what's so important that there's this huge conspiracy behind it.

1) It's something that is still actively harmful.
2) It would probably cause massive despair if it was known, but if absolutely no one knows it then humanity is likely to bumble into it accidentally.
3) Whatever it is caused a genetic bottleneck, either naturally or artificially.
4) Whatever it is can be seen as more important than the people inside the Walls.

Depending on how we interpret #4 it could be anything from "unchecked human growth will ruin earth again" to "we carry a deadly disease to the rest of humanity" to "[insert insane alien plot here]". I get the definite sense that whatever it is, the Wall people are both dangerous and very lucky they weren't annihilated instead of just confined.

I've been getting a bit of a Claymore vibe off of Titan, as of late. As in, we're about to see something analogous to Claymore's big reveal about the world at large, beyond their island, the greater war, the truth of the Yoma [Titans] and Claymores/Awakened Beings [Shifter Titans], the Organization's [Reiss family's] true motivations.

I'm not sure what's coming exactly, but I'm pretty curious as to what the Big Reveal actually will be. Weaponized humans gone awry?

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
/\/\

I agree; I have faith that whatever comes out of The Big Reveal, it will be pretty good--even if it is a riff on a cliche. (Aren't most things a riff on a cliche? Cliches exist because they're so common...)

Yeah, Erin is a relatively typical shounen hero in that he gets power-ups directly related to Willpower and Protecting His Friends. (He's no better or worse than say, Ichigo, in that respect.) Be that as it may, this is still my favorite manga right now, and I can't wait for more of the anime. The general theme/plot and supporting cast of characters are good in my book. (Hange, Jean, and Mikasa are my favorites.)

Today, the Claymore similarities just struck me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Fhqwhgads posted:

28 Day Later-style titan continent while the rest of the world just goes on with their lives. Didn't they say they've never seen this mythical "ocean" full of all that $$$alt?

I think it will be something like this. I speculated a while back that there would be a Claymore style reveal about the nature of the world. (The wall people are isolated, and kept ignorant as a mercy, because their only purpose is to make and perfect shifter Titans as weapons for the rest of the world.)