Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Levi didn't have the authority to call that shot. In fact the higher ups were getting ready to gently caress Eren after the expedition even though he did follow orders.

The plan never called for him to take an active role in the capture just to serve has bait. He had a damocles sword over his head and was told to prove he could be controlled and part of the team, they spent 2 episodes drilling this point home, that he must become part of the team.
"Oh yeah he disobeyed us and hosed our plan to lure the female titan into a trap" would go over like a lead balloon.

You do realize that was only a guise to draw out the female titan? The whole point of the expedition was the draw out any enemies lurking from within the military by using Eren as bait. It's even commented that it was a really weird they were leaving so early with all those new recruits.

Levi only answers to Erwin and Erwin will probably side with Levi on any decision he makes.

e: http://www.mangastream.to/shingeki-no-kyojin-chapter-1-page-91.html Heres that scene in the manga btw. He just stands up says gently caress all titans then timeskip.

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Oct 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, Jean calls him out on his bullshit several times (Jean is probably my favorite character because he's the one that grew the most) but Eren seemingly doesn't take much from it. gently caress, he got his team killed on Trost, he should have at least learned something from that. Every time he decides to play it by ear people end up dead but he just digs in deeper.

The only time he played it by ear was during Trost. After that he followed orders like you've stated and then after that he's been kidnapped. So I guess so?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

El-Bonko posted:

Come on, people, ザ! Are you ばか or something? :smug:

As I see it, what he did was deny his only remaining family any kind of tenderness in what both of them surely thought was their final moment, for the sake of raging at titans some more. Eren may be a bit unhinged sometimes, but he's not stupid enough to think he can ward off a titan by punching it. He was as shocked as anyone when they were saved by deus ex machina. He was being a jerkhole, and it only worked because of a plot twist out of nowhere.

He was just as shocked as when he blocked the cannonball even though he 'knew' how to do it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Level Slide posted:

Connie stop, those pillows are for the fort.

Who is the guy by the door and the girl on the floor?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jackard posted:

And the guy being stepped on is Thomas.

Wouldn't that be Reiner? Bert is there.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

This won't be a movie of a TV series, though. It'd be a movie of a manga series, like Dragonball Evolution.

So Eren gets beat up in high school a lot and is controlled by Bert?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Which movie? I'd almost say this is a reference to one of the early Mobile Suit Gundams (0079 or Zeta), but I don't think so.

I swear they had a Gundam Wing poster with Zechs in the same spot Reiner is.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DaveKap posted:

I think trucutru may be referencing the "they're merging!" line from the anime which I don't think is in the manga at all. Eren wanted to eat/merge with Annie and it's possible that doing so helped him gain the ability to create hard surfaces which in the Manga they suddenly believe he can do? That's the only logic I can make out of it.

It's referring to the conversation between Reiner and Ymir. A lot of people interpret it as you need to eat a shifter to become a shifter.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im not sure I got more stupid or the translation in mangareader is just terrible, because half of the dialogues in the last issue dont seems to make any sense to me.

I'm pretty sure its a japan -> chinese -> english translation

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Goliath Blitzkrieg

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Glad I don't have a Pixiv account.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

Well now. Now Eren's having flasbacks to a girl version of himself. Between that, the chapter 1 dream, and Ymir reading the canned food, it's starting to look like Titan shifters are really, REALLY loving old

e: Also, Historia didn't say one loving word this chapter except yes when Levi told her to get in the carriage. Girl is doing the ayanami better than Mikasa right now

Isn't that just his mom?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I thought it was because they attacked the parts of the walls with gates in them, which probably wouldn't have a Titan inside them.

Well Annie climbed a portion with one inside and it chipped away cleanly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Looks like the raw is going to be out in a few hours. I leave you with this lovely spoilery image.

http://www.onemanga.me/wp-content/manga/777/82/54004.jpg

Djel makes the last mistake of his life.

That just gives a hotlinking error.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

When is the Crunchyroll translation coming?

e: Tomorrow

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's more likely Mikasa was just experimented on like Eren and is part Titan or whatever.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ymir didn't get her power from eating anyone.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Toadsniff posted:

Actually it was translated into exactly what Cute n Popular said. Right here. Read pages 5 and 6.

I haven't really seen any other translations so I can't compare.

1) If they were human titans at that point why didn't they transform?
2) She finally became human again, after being stuck for 60 years in what she calls a nightmare, so 'her position is obvious' she wants to stay human not die and protect Historia.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Didn't Eren hide a shitton of little blades all over his person (in shoes, under tongue) just so he can Hulk out if he needs to?

They found them all. Though he can probably still manipulate.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Is this clearly stated? I haven't reread the chapter but I'm remembering it as a more generic "suppressed the memory" which I interpret in a 1984-esque "memory-hole / who controls the past controls the future" way rather than straight mind control.

Christa's sister/teacher person would wipe her memory after every visit. Erwin's dad also suspected that they did something like that and Erwin said that they most likely did after learning of Eren's new power.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

I just saw that adult swim will be showing the anime, is it worth watching/stays with the story. Plan on just reading the manga anyway, but its nice to have some music to go along with it in my head.

A lot of people think the anime drags on a bit and theres a few extra scenes but it's pretty much the same except for the final episode.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

AshB posted:

I wonder why Bert and Ernie were trying to capture Eren instead of straight up eating him for his power then. They specifically said Eren is the worst person to have the coordinate ability.

Remember it's just speculation by Hanji also the TL could be shoddy. Alternatively, they'd then have to be eaten for it to reach whoever wants it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

I don't even see how they are even connected...at all.

Cus people get eaten and die or something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

This is from the SnK wiki page for Ymir's story. I was reading through it and I saw this section

Can anyone link me this part of the story? I can't find the pages anywhere.

http://imgur.com/a/RXkmj

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Was that in the side story about high school or something? I thought I was caught up in the main series but I don't remember tattoos.

That was in the flashback to her Parent's death during Eren's 'Death'

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

eat your loving vegetables eren

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

Kissmanga link to the latest chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Shingeki-no-Kyojin-070?id=231727

Eren said "Please don't apologise Mr Hange". Is that confirmation that Hange's a man, or just a poor translation of "Hange-san"?

It's the same TL as Mangapanda so it's probably just a bad TL. Wait for CR.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

theCalamity posted:

So they should have enough material for another season right?

Definitely.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

change my name posted:

Still hoping for a "helicopter/spaceship/whatever advanced thing flies overhead and stops a climactic battle" scene. For some reason I'm expecting either this or the reveal that the rest of the world outside of the walls and a few other places are completely dead.

Boros arrives.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kung Food posted:

It's an officially licensed prequel. It has a different author, but had input from the main author. If he had any sort of oversight at all it seems odd he would let such a huge plot point be wrong. As of now I would treat it like star wars EU. Cannon until the main source says otherwise.

*treats it like starwars EU by putting it in the trash where it belongs like disney*

done.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

I guess they won't make a point that Asians are all but gone (Aside from Mikasa) in the world.

Mikasa is the lone German.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

badjohny posted:

It has been a while since I read the early issues. I thought the titans broke through the outcropping city(small U shaped wall attached to the main wall) then broke into the main wall. I guess I need to reread it all.

The outerwall was breached (through Eren's outcrop hometown) The rest of humanity is holed up behind the 2nd wall.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Just inject some titan serum into a dagger.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

- The monkey titan is super strong and seems like it could easily beat Eren's titan form, much less the rest of the scout legion

The only thing we saw him do was beat up Reiner which even Eren can do before he got hardening.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

The series has been on loving fire the last half a dozen chapters, it slowed down a bit but we're actually progressing while having crazy awesome fights now too.

Aot is in its prime right now imo

Berserk is off the boat, samurai jack is going to finally get the finale it never got, and Aot might actually get to the loving basement. What a month it's been

Wheres a new chapter of Hiatus x Hiatus?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

theres gonna be a bunch of titan serum in the basement or some way to revive armin

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kraus posted:

Is chapter 83 behind the paywall for some reason?

Think its their anti ad block stuff?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Is there a decent translation to read while waiting for crunchyroll to get their act together?

http://readms.com/r/attack_on_titan/083/3530/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

They're gonna fight and it'll wind up at the Jaegar house and would you look at that a bunch of serum in the basement