Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I think it's safe to say at this point that there is something really loving important in Eren's basement, and it's not just about the Titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

What does that mean, though, doing both at once? That line was really confusing.

they're gonna do the Erwin-style announce the real plan to everyone to draw out saboteurs

and get everyone killed in the process :unsmigghh:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Lord Reiss was going to take them both back to his manor to either keep them safe or as prisoners. The guys that showed up did not want that to happen for some reason, but it looked like they would have relented if Reiss admitted that Historia's mother was his mistress and Historia his daughter. At least Reiss acted like enough of a father, after watching her mother die, cursing their daughter's existence, to make a compromise that would keep Historia alive. :smith:

They might have killed her grandparents, after it was all said and done, but that's not confirmed.

What? No, they were totally intimidating him for having illegitimate offspring. The point was if he admitted that Historia was his daughter they would kill them both because of the scandal. As it was, since he disavowed her, they were satisfied with just killing the adult witness.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Well now. Now Eren's having flasbacks to a girl version of himself. Between that, the chapter 1 dream, and Ymir reading the canned food, it's starting to look like Titan shifters are really, REALLY loving old

e: Also, Historia didn't say one loving word this chapter except yes when Levi told her to get in the carriage. Girl is doing the ayanami better than Mikasa right now

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 7, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kild posted:

Isn't that just his mom?

nah, he's getting a flashback looking in a mirror

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

So, I just realized a thing.

Why don't they create a moat outside of the walls? That would pretty much be a perfect defense against Titans. Water isn't really necessary; normal titans have no way to climb a smooth wall.

The biggest issue would probably be digging the moat without getting eaten, but at the very least they could make one around the inner walls.

The radius of Wall Maria is about 480 km. The circumference of the entire wall is about 3000 km. Even Wall Rose has a circumference of about 2200 km. Have fun digging thousands of kilometers of trenches with late medieval technology.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 15, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So there's a translation on mangareader, so more specific spoiler talk to follow

Historia's tutor tells her to forget about her till the next time they meet and it uses the exact same sound effect that Eren used for titan command. It seems likely that coordinator powers are straight up mind control that work on humans as well. This is a bit out there but Eren's big Tatake! moment with Mikasa when they were kids might even be a result of that as well.

Historia also mentions waking up dreaming about something important that she couldn't remember, and Eren mentions that he has that seem feeling alot. Considering that the woman Eren flashed back to look alot like him and Historia, they both might be descendents of the previous coordinator or something.

Also, Erwin mentioned that the monarchy is using all it's powers to gain control of Eren and Historia to the point of neglect over the one thing prevent humanity from total extinction so they might be informed about the coordinator power as well.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 6, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Wasn't it heavily implied from the previously chapter that the woman that Eren saw in the flashback looks alot like both Eren and Historia? Seems like decent evidence that it's a common ancestor to the two of them.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Speaking of black bars, it's not immediately clear to me that Historia's tutor is the same woman that Eren saw in the mirror. She actually looks completely dissimilar to me

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

You know it just occured to me, I think the best way to get the citizenry ready to revolt against the monarchy would be for Erwin to reveal to the public 1. The titans are humans 2. There are titans in the walls. 3. The monarchy and wall cult knows about it and are doing everything they can to suppress the truth 4. Eren's basement holds the key to the truth, and possibly the way to defeat the titans. 5. The monarchy is trying to stop them from reaching the truth. I imagine this would get the public in the revolutionary spirit, if not create a mass panic he could use to his advantage.

That would be pretty good for causing a total revolt and complete destabilization of authority within the walls, but I'm pretty sure that's worse than the current situation. Erwin wants order, he just can't allow the monarchy to continue to have power since they seems way more concerned about the big secret Eren and Historia are involved with than actually preventing all humans dying

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Missing Name posted:

Another interview with Isayama. He thinks he might have made Mikasa "a bit overpowered."

I lied, it's just SoT Part 12.

God drat the entire universe is cockblocking Mikasa

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Genocyber posted:

I really don't understand the point of a sandwich that big. At that point you can't even eat it like a sandwich.

Look at this scrub who can't unhinge his jaw

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Erwin is probably guaranteed to commit an atrocity for the sake of beating the titans. Armin is following him to a T and this is gonna create problems for the team down the line. Jean, in particular, since he has been shown to be critical of Erwin's plans in the past.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Speaking of which, the book she uses...is it the same one we saw way way back dropped by the survey corpswoman Ymir (but not THAT Ymir)? Its been a while since I read it, think it was back episode 36ish

Uh, yeah, her name wasn't Ymir, the titan just confused her with Ymir

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Season two is pretty good so far.

Rewatching season one, to rewind this way back, (my apologies) was it ever explained why the Titan shifters help out at Trost at all? They start the attack and then turn around and fight against it and I don't remember if that got justified.

There goal was to draw the progenitor out. Once they found one of the nine they immediately shifted to trying to capture it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I *think* 12 episodes means they'll get to eren's capture/rescue from Bert and Ernie. I would pick his activation of the coordinate power as the finale because that's probably the hypest moment in the entire series, but also I can't see any other spot to end it on nearby that's not an outright depressing cliffhanger.

edit: man it's going to be really loving weird seeing Dinah again.