Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

j4on posted:

Hey, they don't even have electricity. And they are shown as leaving deep footprints / knocking down buildings when falling on them--it's only the dead ones that are lightweight (they evaporate). Or it could be a plot hole.
I think the idea is just that they're comparatively very lightweight for an organic being of that size, rather than being literally light as paper. Otherwise the cannons would probably be a lot more effective as weapons as well, tearing titans into little pieces no matter where they hit.

It does answer the question of how an upscaled humanoid can actually support itself at least, something most stories involving giants don't really bother with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Scoobi posted:

:raise: I guess it does answer it with: "Shut up its manga"? Ohhhh so thats how the giant humanoids can support themselves, by not following the rules of biology and science!
I guess I find it easier to suspend my disbelief for "it's magic" than for "we didn't really think about it and neither should you". v:shobon:v