Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Worst comes to worst, we'll just chat in the seinen thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's one hell of a Command Spell.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

cisneros posted:

What happened to that guy who was mean to potato girl? I lost track of him. Also, cool art:

I wonder if we'll ever see an anime of it? Not sure what market segment it'd fit in to.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

^^^ Yeah, the "deviants," remember? I agree that side-story ruled, ruled, ruled.

Schubalts posted:

Yes, she was eaten.

That moment when she had told her kids to run, and save themselves, and then hesitated, and had to stop herself from calling them back, was when I knew for sure this was an above-average comic.

Also, I think it was Eren's father that vanished mysteriously. And then suddenly a big ol' titan appears? Hmm!

I was going to argue that the religious folks were a separate force from the titans, but then I realized they venerate the wall as having been made by "the lord," and that it's possible titans made it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Also, wanst that first strike of the colossal titan (when Eren mother is eaten) at night?

Didn't look that way at all.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

If he does die, there's no one else on the force they could trust to take down Eren, and they'd have to put him down too. So he probably can't die at least until that mistrust is allayed.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

But...he didn't become the titan that ate him? And considering the huge numbers of giants that are eating people you'd think there would be more than the three or four known intelligent titans if that was the case?

There might be. They might have just not shown up, or maybe they're not as interested in humans.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Jesus christ!

e: (It's chapter 29 and it's pretty great.)

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 12, 2012

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The thing that really threw me is how suprised she seems that he's fighting her at all.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's still possible that someone off-camera to identify titan-traitors hiding in the ranks.

If that sounds too hopeful, maybe one of them will get outed and try to escape from the city, killing countless innocents...but at least everyone will still understand the important of the scouting legion's mission!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Mikasa could have been a really good main character.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Nilbop posted:

She really wouldn't. She's perfect as a foil for everybody but reading about the amazing mass-killer prodigy girl with no emotions got old years ago.

Hence "almost." Even just as a supporting character, I wish she had more complex motivations, but I have read not-terrible comics about dangerous people with emotional problems fighting to protect a subordinate sibling.

But really, the comic is good enough that to ask for anything else or more seems greedy.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Sledeau posted:

And hell yeah, Mikasa. She was missing quite a lot from the past few chapters. Its nice to see her being reasonable and logical (like usual) about the new development.

"Oh, I guess I need to kill this person we were friends with" is not a reaction I would normally describe as "reasonable".

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I do think it's an admirable one, but if someone instead freaked out over the situation, I wouldn't say to them "You're being unreasonable!" It's pretty freak-out-worthy.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Yeah, it clearly, like, sucks up all her chakra or something. :ssj:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Is that a "why do titans eat everyone we care about" kind of question?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

What if there were giant people, how would they kill their prey

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

That last panel of Mikasa is killer.

TheHan posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Armin's real plan was to trick Eren into gaining the motivation to fight Annie

Seems like an obvious sub-objective, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010