Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Oh Snapalope posted:

I wonder how the anime will work because the manga is still ongoing. Are they just going to bullshit an anime original ending. Also hilarious that Aku no Hana is published in the same magazine considering how screwed up that manga is.

They probably won't make the series totally self-contained in one season. It will probably be a multiple-season affair. SNK is really popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Autumncomet posted:

:stare: Good catches, all. I had always just seen Bertholt as the more reserved of the duo, but this is probably just a hold over from when I thought he was a good guy (:qq:). This in particular is a good catch Vengarr, and it also lends to the theory that Annie didn't kill Marco to get his equipment.

I don't think there's anything to suggest trying to force a love triangle; Eren and Mikasa are strictly siblings and I think Jean is just easily wound up. And Eren never really seemed to be interested in Annie beyond "you're a drat good fighter, teach me!"

Siblings might mean something different to Mikasa. In any case, I wouldn't put it past the author anyways. Manga authors seem to believe that being "not blood related" is carte-blanche to write in brother-sister relationships despite the Westermarck Effect.

I don't think its reaching at all to read between the lines that Mikasa is into Eren in a non-platonic way; in fact, I think its probably likely. They live in a weird world and she's a weird kid.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 4, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

They had to have been over six years old when it happened, excluding the possibility of the Westermarck Effect as we have observed it, and you could tell from the moment Eren put the scarf on her that she thought he was somethin' special. I don't think it was particularly weird. And I don't think it's necessarily just about manga authors; I feel like it's more cultural than that.

Oh, I absolutely agree the Westermarck Effect wouldn't apply since they were like 9 when they became "siblings." I was simply pointing out the "sibling" thing Mikasa throws out isn't really meaningful in that genre since it often occurs that the phrase "not-blood related" often precedes faux-sibling romance in manga even when it really would be subject to the Effect.

But for a natural tendency for the male fanbase to deny that they're shipping characters, I don't think most people would assume something different about her interest in Eren. They're unrelated, similar age and opposite sex. It isn't stretching any kind of logic to assume she's madly in love with him and would gladly run off into the woods and have his babies if he indicated he was interested.

GodFish posted:

I always thought Mikasa's attachment to Erin was as very close family, but the love triangle aspect could make sense from her point of view if she thinks that getting him to have romantic feelings for her would make sure he'd never leave.

One thing I noticed going back was that as soon as they find out about the Titan attacking the other Titans Reiner asks for info, possibly trying to find out if they know its a human titan. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/6247/shingeki-no-kyojin_v2_ch9_by_gantz-waitingroom/6

Unrelated to that, I think the dog titan is the creepest titan yet besides hairy.
I actually find it curious people see something different. The kind of relationship Mikasa claims to have with Eren is practically unheard of in real life human interactions.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 4, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'm not sure why people hate Eren so much. It isn't like his shonen hot-bloodedness is presented as a positive. Most of the other non-Mikasa characters seem to dislike it and find him annoying.

I'm not sure who is actually delivering that line in this chapter about Eren being annoying rear end in a top hat.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 7, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Am I supposed to recognize the Ape Titan's identity? Because I don't.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Does sealing Wall Maria still make sense? I get that they need to go to the basement but why bother sealing the wall when the outsiders can just punch in a new hole at any time?

They could do that only with the Armored Titan (Reiner) but who knows where the gently caress he's at. I guess the idea is that Eren might reasonably stop him with his MIND CONTROL POWERS or whatever.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Does everyone gain the memories of a shifter upon consumption, or was that something special for the Reiss titan's memory powers? I really want to see the basement next chapter, but I fear it'll be Armin having a flashback of Bert Rein and Annie's past.

I think that had something specifically to do with the Coordinate.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Being upset that Armin gets a reprieve is weird given it was a known fact they had a Titan serum the entire time and everyone specifically said, "use the titan serum on him" right when he got burned.

Making you think someone died and they didn't isn't inherently bad storytelling and even character resurrection isn't a bad trope when you are specifically given clues that it could happen. It wasn't even cheap - they specifically only have 1 serum and Erwin had to die for Armin to get it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

It makes me laugh the plot of Attack on Titan revolves around a conflict over crude oil.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Chapter 88:

http://imgbox.com/0ZoWOGIs

There's a pretty big English translation fail, which isn't really the translator's fault: the name of Eren's titan is translated at the "Attack Titan," but the actual name is "Shingeki no Kyojin," which of course is a title drop, but you can't do a title drop in English since it would be stupid to say the titan's name is "Attack on Titan."

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 8, 2016

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Chapter summary:

:words:

:catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Holy goddamn hell Eren and his crew grew into some absolute stone cold motherfuckers. I can barely even describe this poo poo: Eren uses an enemy Titan’s loving FACE as a goddamn nutcracker to kill another enemy Titan that has been reduced to human form and encased itself in a hardened shield. Then Eren loving shotguns the now unshielded and dying titan like a can of Natty Light at a college house party. Holy poo poo.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'm not saying Eren is the father of Historia's baby but Eren is the father of Historia's baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It was the only logical choice, though. From Paradise's military leadership's perspective, they have to ensure a continuation of the royal line as a contingency for when Zeke and Eren die to maintain the threat of the Wall Titans, and they can't risk her dying to an assassination like Gabi or sudden illness or something later on, so the sooner they have backup heirs ready to go, the better. I appreciate the good guys embracing the Crusader Kings 2 paradigm.

Yeah, but none of this explains why Eren is going to turn out to be the father because we all know that is happening.