Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Not entirely sure how it will happen, but my guess is that the final resolution will revolve around defeating Eren then placing all the blame for the Rumbling on him and the Yeagerists. The rest of the world knows that Eren led a coup against the rightful Eldian royal family, which had renounced all war, then installed a military dictatorship he manipulated into war against the rest of the world. The rest of Paradis can then place all the blame for the violence on the Yeagarists and offer them up as an offering of peace, alongside the destruction of the Titan powers. It would be a nice parallel to the post WW2 settlements that seem to be influencing Isayama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

https://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/162652398937/snk-news-isayama-hajimes-bessatsu-shonen-august

quote:

Ultimately, I don’t think the series passes judgment on what is “right” or “wrong.” For example, when I read Furuya Minoru’s “Himeanole,” I knew society would consider the serial killer in the story unforgivable under social norms. But when I took into account his life and background I still wondered, “If this was his nature, then who is to blame…?” I even thought, “Is it merely coincidence that I wasn’t born as a murderer?” We justify what we absolutely cannot accomplish as “a flaw due to lack of effort,” and there is bitterness within that. On the other hand, for a perpetrator, having the mindset of “It’s not because I lack effort that I became like this” is a form of solace. We cannot deny that under such circumstances, the victims’ feelings are very important. But considering the root of the issue, rather than evaluating “what is right”…to be influenced by various other works and their philosophies, and to truthfully illustrate my exact feelings during those moments - I think that’s what Shingeki no Kyojin’s ending will resemble.