Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

drat, this is genuinely fantastic. I don't even give a poo poo about the art, it's perfectly acceptable as is and it's only going to get better. Unless they make the giants less creepy once they tidy it up, of course.

I'm looking forward to finding out how the sixty metre tall titan can move so fast and so quietly, that it can appear and disappear next to a heavily guarded wall without anyone noticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

canned_fruit posted:

Uh what. This manga is addictive and interesting but the art is undeniably pretty awful.
Inanimate objects look great but everything human just looks so disproportionate as well as static (apart from the aerial stuff, that's generally pretty good).

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/10/145

For example in this panel the characters all look like they're balancing on one leg with their arms out rather than running. I'm no artist but I think it's probably because their posture is so upright among other things.

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/10/141

This shows how disproportionate his hands/arms are.

On the flip side the art style really works for the titans because the disproportionate limbs make them look very creepy.
In your first example, I just assumed they were jogging. It's a long walk, they have to save their energy for being devoured fighting off the titans. Absolutely right about the second one, though, but that's not exactly impossible to fix.

Also yes. Yes it does.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Vincent Valentine posted:

Unlikely. Walls have gone down before, and if they had titans in them I imagine this is something people would have known by now.

On the other hand, she had basically no problems whatsoever loving that wall up, which begs the question: why haven't the titans just knocked all the walls down? Is it because they know there's titans in the walls and don't want to kill their friends?

None of the walls (mostly the gates from what I remember) were taken out by the normal, non-human piloted titans, and both non-fifty metre titans who did damage the wall did the whole metallic skin thing.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Scintilla posted:

Sasha will fall to the Mr. Potato Titan.

Mr Potaitan?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

I thought they had said that the titan's didn't have a functioning stomach. Hence why they regurgitate the bodies instead. Presumably you could live in the stomach?

Normal titans do have stomach acid, we get a POV from Eren mid-flashback to his first transformation inside a stomach and slowly melting, and the piles of corpses thrown up by full titans are mostly dissolved. Who knows what the gently caress is going on inside any of the human titans, though.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I just had a thought. Where's the basement key at the moment?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

That prologue thing has a good reason for why Sasquatch doesn't recognise the 3D gear if they've only been around for less than 30 years. Seems a little short to me, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Thanks, I meant to relink it but I had to head off to work.