Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

EatinCake posted:

Can't help but see that. As long as this author keeps making such rad monster designs, I'mma stay on board this ship.

It's actually kinda impressive how they had a character say straight up, "the plots in the basement of this one house" and have consistently given valid reason as to why the main character hasn't just gone there yet. Fun stuff.

That guy still has his face, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
So they should have enough material for another season right?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
They were just a stone's throw away from Monkey Trouble, too.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I've been going back through the manga and I noticed that Grisha's titan form looks similar to Monkey Trouble. This is well before the reveal that they are related.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Attack on Titan is a continuation of Big O.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
In chapter 89, Eren Kruger mentions Mikasa and Armin but doesn't seem to know where the memories are coming from. Either Eren Jaeger is misremembering that part or the memories can go back in time. If the latter is the case, then possibly the reason that the royal family members with the Founding titan have the memories of the past and the future. Kruger did say that these "paths of light" carry memories and they all pass through the Founding titan. The memories are possibly divorced from time.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I don’t see the grey morality when the Marleyans are pretty explicitly bad.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I look forward to more reactions for the rest of this season. You already know the big one, but there are a lot more.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Captain Invictus posted:

imo EmmyOK should just start off at around chapter 42 and go from there, then go back and read 1-41 after getting caught up

Seconded. Just continue with the manga.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Is there a link?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Manatee Cannon posted:

here's an imgur album of the translated chapter 104

https://imgur.com/a/dZpDe

at least I assume it's all of it since I just googled it because you asked :v:

Thank you for your service

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Where Emmy at?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Man, they are going fast in the anime.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Just watch the show

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Yeah I think we’re going to get to the basement and get his flashback and the origin of the smiling titan. I think we might get some flashbacks with RBA during the fight at the wall, probably around where Bert gets eaten.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Dude in the anime thread hating on the conspiracy/revolution arc. I don’t understand it. Titans are terrifying, but humans going after our heroes can be just as scary and more difficult to deal with.

He’s going to be very disappointed with the next season I bet.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Squidster posted:

Man, they've really improved the pacing of this arc. It feels like we're flying through the story, and I can't wait for next week's wall cliffhanger. The anime-only folks are going to lose their mind.

Oh man, they just blew right past the journalists and Flegel doing what’s right. I love it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
How many episodes are in this season? At the pace they’re going, we could get to the sea really soon.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
poo poo at this pace, we’re gonna get to the sea and Grishas backstory. Oh man it’s going to be wonderful.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
It should end with the one black guy flying a blimp. A true cliffhanger

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

DaveKap posted:

I honestly thought we'd see hosed Up Dad Titan two episodes ago because this part of the manga seemed to move faster than the anime is (while, of course, the anime moved way faster on the rebellion part) but with this past episode's action scene I don't mind it feeling slower.

Hey, am I the only one who envisioned the crystal basement as being pink? Seemed like outside of the actual walls themselves, any other hardening done by titans was pink-flavored. Blue is like.. right out in terms of what I expected.

I envisioned the titan crystal as a pale orange or something, similar to the how the color scheme changes once someone becomes a titan.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Only the Kwisatz Haderach can possess both the Attack Titan and Female Titan

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Anime won't come back until April, but today's episode ended with a teaser where Eren and Mikasa are fighting against Levi over the titan serum

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Someone posted the gallery of the images that flashed by during the credits

https://imgur.com/a/rpkK6P4

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Peacoffee posted:

That clip is really good for setting up a question (what could make them fight each other) without giving anything up otherwise (group of them on a ruined rooftop like we’ve seen plenty of times before)

Though the anime-only, those who remain unspoiled, will slap themselves when they notice Armin is in the shot too.

And Erwin.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://goboiano.com/attack-on-titan-manga-is-entering-its-final-arc/

quote:

The Attack on Titan manga is marching towards its conclusion as Hajime Isayama begins writing the final arc.

TBS launched a teaser video for the newest Jounetsu Tairiku weekly program, which will talk about Attack on Titan. Isayama will make an appearance, which will include news about the manga’s final arc.

Isayama and his editor Shintarou Kawakubo have publically laid-out the manga’s roadmap in the past. In 2014, they both stated that Attack on Titan would end in three to four years, making the beginning of the final arc in line with their predictions.

Isayama hasn’t hinted to what his post-Attack on Titan career will look like. His output since 2006 has all been related to the hit series, but he did write a one-shot titled The Killing Pawn in 2014.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
gently caress Eren.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Eren and the others finally reach the basement. Eren pulls out the key and tries to put it into the lock, but it doesn't fit.

To be continued...

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Can't wait to see what they think of the Smiling Titan reveal

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I wonder if Ymir is trying to become whole again, trying to whittle that path of light with all of its branches back down to one

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Kind of depressing that every Eldian is connected by Paths simply because Ymir is lonely

In It For The Tank posted:

I'd be much more disappointed if it wasn't such an obvious fake out.
I read the theory you made a couple of days ago. After reading this chapter, I'm a total believer in it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Turin Turambar posted:

Eren needed more inner turmoil and desperation than the ~13 pages we got from the last 15 chapters combined. Instead we got

What a great explanation for wanting to kill everyone and to destroy the world. Great writing.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Bifauxnen posted:

Augh I'd forgotten about that exact line, what was even the point of the stuff about the titan who ate his mom in the final chapter, what does that possibly add to the story?

Simply to explain why Dina didn't eat Bertolt. Could've just not had Bert be around Dina or simply gotten away. Nope, Eren's behind it all.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mightygerm posted:

The worst part is, there was already a great setup for tragic irony when Dinas last words were “no matter what form I take, I will come and find you”. And we find out that Dina basically made a beeline for Grishas house and ate his new wife. It could have just been left as is, no further explanation needed, abnormal Titans are already well established in the story. It’s mind boggling why he decided to just ruin this retroactively.

It turned out that Eren made her say that

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

The United States posted:

Didn't matter to Eren, didn't matter to any of the remaining main characters, but real missed opportunity to draw thousands of people who just woke up to find themselves drowning in the ocean, that's something the early manga would have relished taking the opportunity to depict

It could have been interesting to have one of the people who just woke up be the POV for the post-rumbling world

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Yinlock posted:

everyone is fiercely debating ymir's motivations and are assuming that the answer isn't incredibly loving stupid

you fools, you beautiful fools

I’m reading 139 again and I forgot that Eren sent Dina after his mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I think destroying 60% of the biosphere over a couple of hundred years, while still extremely bad, is no where to destroying 80% of the biosphere in a couple of months or days or however long the rumbling took.