Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Isn't Levi literally the most popular character in the entire series though? I thought they actually changed a few scenes in the anime to include him just because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
This series of shorts is pretty good too, though it starts right about when Eren is first revealed as a titan.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Eren's mom isn't dead, she just disappeared in a portal to the Shadow Realm through Chuckles' mouth.

They'd do what the German Naruto dub did to the Uchiha Clan and say she was kidnapped by the titans. Just edit in the sound of her giving herself up to save her kids while looping the footage of Eren being carried away and there you go.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh god, I can just imagine the opening; "Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger! Beliiiiiiiiiiiiieve it!"

MiKAsa, is really cool!
Armin, the beautiful!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I was wondering about watching the live action movie so I looked up a few clips.

I don't think I'll watch the movie.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
He also looks like, twelve. Can't blame a kid for panicking.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, I remember it's mentioned that the material for the "super hard blades" can only be found in the interior of the walls.

Didn't one of the side stories reveal the material to be super hard bamboo?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Elias_Maluco posted:

Wanst it made using Eren armored ability?

The walls were, I'm talking about the swords.

edit: I think the spears were like the walls as well, you're right there.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 11, 2017

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

HenryEx posted:

Hehe, these silly wall people, rushing to their death. Not that i left them any choice with my meticulous trap and superior planning :smug:
Wait where's my entire encirclement on the right side?

I'll be pissed if they don't spend at least 20% of the season's budget on that scene

That's a classic Yeager gently caress up right there, must run in the family.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
On the other hand if the titans ran out of people to eat, surely they'd congregate towards the next largest congregation of humanity. Which would surely be their home across the sea. I mean, titans can't drown right? If they can float they'd eventually make it across the sea, and if they sink to the sea floor eventually enough will pile up that the rest can walk across.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I think a lot of the 'is AOT fascist' things were because of the author having some ill-advised opinions on Japan's history with South Korea, a general named after a war criminal (I think it was Pixis?) while Mikasa is explicitly named after a Japanese warship. With that in mind I can see people being a bit more wary of things they'd otherwise dismiss in works without that context.

Plus it's super popular and current so some people will look for any excuse to be a Cool Kid who doesn't watch the edgy titan show and say that anyone who does is a bad person. I mean nobody writes essays about how Sailor Moon is fascist because the future is her establishing an eternal monarchy over earth.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I keep forgetting Ymir is dead :smith:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I love liveblogs from people new to the series so much :3: It's like seeing the series again for the first time.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

And I suppose it was the Attack Titan in her which motivated her to free the pigs ?

I thought the implication there was that she was just a scapegoat for the rest, because she was small and weak and the least likely to protest her innocence and try to blame someone else.

edit: beaten.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
It might end in a couple chapters but there's no reasons those chapters couldn't be a little bit longer than normal too.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Super Rad posted:

How fascist is Star Wars, according to twitter?

Depends on if you like or hate Reylo I think.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Saagonsa posted:

They managed to distract titans that were in view of Eren though, is the thing. They were running around Eren to clear the path as he was carrying the boulder.

Yeah, and when Eren first shifts multiple titans become aggressive towards him, like the guy whose head he smacks off that very purposefully roars and charges at him on sight, or the group that eats his arms off. They ignore the relatively heavily populated supply tower to attack Eren instead.

Also the 'baby' titan that gets yeeted.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
This one looks fun, if a little janky.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I think it's worth noting that something does change about the cycle - consider how Ymir found the tree, versus how the child in the credits did. Fear and pain as she's hunted alone, while the child has calm curiosity with a friend. Something is different this time, and maybe hold hope that means things can be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Attack On Dog would've been a superior anime but instead of killing titans they had to get them to sit.