Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

a complete collection of Gate and all adaptations

more seriously

Bad Seafood posted:

I dropped this thing years ago but even I still wanna know what's in the basement.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

though on the other hand if that completely cookie cutter twist is really all he's got then I wonder what, besides vaguely creepy giants eating people, Isayama had clear in his mind from the start of this series

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Muv Luv, though bad in its own way, had an actual arc and characters so I doubt that's the answer

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well if that's a thing he literally said then that's hilarious

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

The only bad thing about Muv-Luv is that Extra and Unlimited are sort of mandatory experiences.

The entire back third of MLA is a drag.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

everything interesting ends after that island fight and the game becomes agonizingly predictable and boring

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Miss Nomer posted:

without feeling like a total Shyamalan twist?

Uuuuuh

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Muvluv is a generic harem thing. It has a sequel/spinoff/whatever which is a super-grimdark mecha show where humanity is losing a war against unstoppable super-beasts.

No. The original ML contains two games, Extra, the harem thing, and secretly Unlimited, which introduces the mech stuff. Extra also contains numerous allusions to the events of Alternative, the third game, which would be released by itself, as making that was always the goal.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

there are, Mare and Elodia are just an experiment by a proper future civ who keep Mare, Elodia, and a few surrounding populations in a gigantic force field

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

and that about sums up Attack on Titan

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That would be the guy explicitly based on the IJA war criminal that Isayama admires, as I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What war criminal?

Whoops, memory steered me wrong. I thought it was Matsui for some reason, instead it was this guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akiyama_Yoshifuru

So not a convicted war criminal, just an imperialist.