Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Pensive posted:

I could see them doing this, but with chapter 7 rather than 8. It would allow them to pad out episode 7 without breaking continuity, so that the Renegade Titan would remain an end of episode cliffhanger. The next episode preview looks like their going to do all of 'The World through a little girls eyes' and they still have the entire chapter before it to go through.

As long as one of those two episodes ends with Mikasa on foot staring down the titan and they open the next episode with "Howl" I will not be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

musouka posted:

Eren is pretty much the perfect choice. He's honestly not an idiot--he's perfectly capable of making rational judgements, like figuring out that the Colossal Titan is sentient to a degree far beyond normal titans based on his destruction of the cannons--but he loathes titans with every atom of his being. However, being a titan is the only way he's been remotely effective at killing them, so there's an intrinsic, subconscious clash in him becoming a titan already. Then there's the fact that even as a titan, his character flaws don't go away and make things easy for him. He still gets outclassed by people better than him. Normal titans can still gang up and take him down. Being a titan fixes nothing for his weaknesses; it just forces him to confront them even further.

I don't think they've even addressed the issue of Eren's tenuous control over his Titan form yet; didn't he try to smash Mikasa the second time he transformed? Hopefully as this series goes on it emphasizes that you don't want to be full of rage and hot-bloodedness when you're a 15-meter tall murder machine in a war zone with squishier friendlies around.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Abitha Denton posted:

I was under the impression that was already where they were going with the magically-strong swords - Titan flesh can't be pierced by normal, non-military (non-scouting legion?) weapons and one of the datafiles mentions that no one is sure where this crazy strong metal came from. It could be from somewhere else entirely, but I think that's the only source that's been foreshadowed so far.

I'm pretty sure regular bladed weapons can cut them like with the lumber axe here, but in that situation it was healing faster than she could cut with a single axe.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Speaking of re-reading, does that chunk cut out of the Titan in the lower right panel look like the upper half of a person to anybody else or am I just seeing things? :stare:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Feriowind posted:

I have drawn another thing!

I always liked how Titans can really fight with complete abandonment since they can regenerate their wounds, though Eren has yet to actually take advantage/master what he's capable of....

I would imagine that human titans have to take some care, since they can still be disabled by injuries. For example, Annie had to go on the defensive to regenerate her eyes in the forest. It would be neat to see Eren learn to do that sort of targeted regeneration and skin hardening. :getin:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Pensive posted:

^^^ Thankfully it seems that we may be getting some answers soon though. With Reiner and co stuck up in those trees while they recover at least some talking has to get done. Bert also didn't take Historia with him, and since Hanji is too injured to join the pursuit I expect some questioning to be happening on her end at some point too. Whether or not Historia actually knows anything though is anybody's guess right now ...

Historia/Christa probably doesn't know anything. The priest is just using a loophole in their pledge of secrecy to divulge information. He's probably going to tell Historia the secrets, and then Historia can tell the rest of the Recon Corps. That way he doesn't break his oath because he did tell a blood relative, after all.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

A few years down the line, Murata Yuusuke will be commissioned to redraw Attack on Titan like he's currently doing with Onepunch-Man.

That would be glorious.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

JosephWongKS posted:

I'd love to see Eren being drawn simplistically like Saitama.

I think the other way around works out a little bit better. :p

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Reiner penguin is the freaking best. :allears:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

JosephWongKS posted:

That'd be extremely hilarious (but also extremely unlikely), considering this chapter ends with "It's been 5 years since Eren's mother was eaten by a Titan. That Titan shall once again drag Eren and Mikasa into the depths of despair!"

EDIT: Maybe they kill the Titan in one panel, and then they find the half-digested corpse of Eren's mother in the Titan's remains. Thus, the depths of despair.

Hannes is probably finally going to face it down to buy them time and get killed for the trouble. :smith:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

onepixeljumpman posted:

Now now, everyone loves Christa.

Just found this. The place I found it doesn't say if it's official, but I'd assume it's not. Reiner looks very appropriate drawn in Tetsuo Hara's style.

Is... is that a Jojo Erwin? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Schubalts posted:

Yes, Bert and Reiner broke through the gates, not the walls themselves. I think the only times we've seen something deal serious damage to the wall itself was Annie climbing a wall, and Monkey Titan climbing a wall and tearing off chunks of it.

Not to mention that the comic clearly shows Annie hardening her fingertips before digging them into the wall, so it might be one of those "only hardened titan whatever can cut itself" things. What I find amusing is how they expect to patch up the holes that Annie made without murdering a whole bunch of laborers who have to work face to face with a dormant colossal titan.