Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Captain Cappy posted:

Someone better loving die next issue, or else gun emoji

Well most services have censored their emojis so that the gun emoji is a green water gun so you’ll be fine.

Edit:
Dammit, I really wish the current season OP didn't have a flash of the photo of Dina. People in the anime thread are openly wondering about it and seemingly get that it's a photograph. I thought it was really cool how at the end of the last ED where it has an old-timey film grain filter. Did people in the anime thread catch on to that? I know nobody made a big fuss about the coffee a few weeks ago, or way back in season 2 with the "wait what a monkey?" bit.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Mother fucker.
I’ve not looked at any close examinations of all the freeze-frame images in this seasons opening, I’ve just seen Dina’s face and Armin’s face being superimposed with Crispy Armin. Is there even a freeze shot of the entire photograph, or did he just tip his loving hand?

Perhaps he should be probated or otherwise penalized AFTER the season ends?

Or then would he just come back as soon as season 4 starts with whatever new studio and on ep 1 say “ :raise: hmm this is just a theory but based on the way Reiner and Zeke are fighting these Middle Eastern people, I think that Commander Zachary is going to be killed by a bomb in his torture chair and Eren will lead a fascist coup that is possibly actually a ruse” only now he’ll have a record of spoiling on his rap sheet so people will KNOW he’s a manga reader any anything he says is true.

Has anyone flamed him or warned him in PM?
Would hellbanning until season’s end be an elegant solution?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I mean, we saw the Military Police kill a dude trying to invent a revolver, and Armin's parents when they tried to make a hot air balloon. They're not gonna let you make a camera.

Outside of titan-killing apparatus and toys for the Secret Police, the flintlock rifle is going to be the pinnacle of technology.
They probably should have spared the revolver guy and got him to modify their anti-personnel 3DMG's guns.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 8, 2019

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I ask this while being on mobile and at work so I can’t really check, but is there a legitimate way to watch the OVA about Annie taking down a codeine ring?

I’d read a synopsis when that story was only a light novel in the Japan only blu rays and I like the idea that since wall people can’t get imported drugs like cocaine, they’ve adapted to manufactured drugs and are now leanin’ so hard they ashamed.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Where does Eren gently caress up his pant leg?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So Grisha is going for the Destroy ending. Is Eren going for Control, or Synthesis?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Wait did they gouge her eyes out, and then hunt her down with dogs? It’s hard to tell since they were doing Dramatic Flashback Eye-Shading.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
And I suppose it was the Attack Titan in her which motivated her to free the pigs ?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I like how King Fritz I "The Dipshit," didn't have any reason to think eating Ymir would do anything. He just thought, "aw crap my sex slave WMD died. Kids? EAT YOUR MOM."

Also, could someone just explain to me what this means about "who is an Eldian" in the story's present day? Like, 2000 years ago it was just the name for some tribal kingdom or culture, and one of their slaves gets superpowers, and any blood descendant of hers can become a titan, and any titan who eats one of the 9 shifters becomes a shifter, who can control the transformation.

So, in the modern era, Eldians are considered "Children of Ymir," and apparently all have the latent titan power. So, it stands to reason that by 2000 AY, everyone of the Eldian ethnicity/nation/whatever would have some direct descent from Ymir, getting her genes, or the genes of the alien spine symbiote or whatever. Gen 1 is Ymir, Gen 2 is Rose, Maria and Sheena, and Gen 3 onwards is their children, and children's children and so on so forth.
So presumably, when Rose Maria and Sheena died, their ≥9 kids all ate them and got the Titan Shifter powers we have today. And then eventually, however long down the line, the holders of those powers would become aristocracy with every generation of each family having one kid designated to take one for the team and hold the power.

But then how does the "Royal Family" and the Founding Titan fit into this? One Titan lets the user mind control anyone who's also a descendant of Ymir, and that would totally let you seize supreme political power. But then there's a "royal bloodline" that's different, and can't inherit the Founding Titan without being subsumed by its personality, and has some degree of control over titans even if they're the Beast Titan.

Every descendant of Ymir is also a descendant of King "Fuckface" Fritz, so....did the grandkid who got the Founding power from eating whichever daughter their mom was just reserve the right to keep the Fritz dynastic name, and that somehow made them special? And since the (non-Fritz/Reiss) noblemen within the walls are so cagey about breeding with peasants, are they just not ethnically Eldian or Ymirian in any way, and invited in by Karl Fritz specifically so there'd be a few people immune to mind control and memory erasure? Same with the Ackermans and the small handful of Asians?

tl;dr, if everyone who can be called an Eldian in present day has Ymir and Fritz blood, what makes the people identified as Royal (Zeke, Dina, the Reiss family) objectively "different" than other Eldians with a more advanced grasp on mind control, and shouting to turn people into titans, etc.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 7, 2019

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I assume that there was quite a bit of inbreeding involved for the royal line to make the bloodline "stronger", much like with royalty in real life.

But what exactly is the "Royal Line?" The Founding Titan line, because of aforementioned mind control powers? And enough generations of people with the Founding Titan breeding can even manifest the scream power outside of titan form, or when using a Titan from a different family (Beast)?

I forget it was stated, but I do assume that each Titan Shifter's family amassed great power and influence and would take great pains to keep the power within the family, and that it would very quickly stop being a thing you give to "slaves," except in the sense that the bearer of the power is a slave to their family's interests. I mean, by whatever era the cracked mural was made, the fact that Freida was a slave to a mundane Kor anything less than a ruling God-Queen with full agency was already forgotten.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

TheHan posted:

Keep in mind that outside of drinking your predecessor the original 9 also manifest randomly when the host dies. The Ymir’s original titan could have just respawned in a descendant anywhere down the line, and once it did and the royal family caught wind of its power they kept tabs on it.

Okay. For some reason I couldn't consider the idea that as the Prime Titan, she wasn't some kind of 100% unique titan with all Nine being reflections of some part of her power set or temperment (like hell, Cart Titan makes a whole lot more sense considering the undignified poo poo she put up with). But I guess she could just be (mostly) Founding.

Edit: Oh gently caress me I meant to paste that quote into my last post.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Whether it’s Dina Fritz or some alcohol-drinking Muslim guy, there will always be someone on hand to cockblock Mikasa.

Edit: and why can Mikasa hear something broadcasted to Children of Ymir? I thought the Ackermans were "Different."

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 8, 2019