Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Doublehex posted:

The way things are going they should be praising the stars if there is even a Scouting Legion at the end of this arc.

The Scouting Duo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

That was the best fight this manga has had.

It was amazing and then I read the translation "we can do no jack like this!!!" and it got even more wonderful.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I was thinking about that. What if they learn how to make sharper weapons out of the crystal? Sure it would take time but with the Colossal and Armoured Titan out of the way, the humans have all the time in the world to study the material.

I was under the impression that was already where they were going with the magically-strong swords - Titan flesh can't be pierced by normal, non-military (non-scouting legion?) weapons and one of the datafiles mentions that no one is sure where this crazy strong metal came from. It could be from somewhere else entirely, but I think that's the only source that's been foreshadowed so far.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Kild posted:

Oh I see. But they're in between wall Maria and wall Rose.

The titan village is in Eren's dad's basement.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
I can't wait for the hole-in-the-wall arc to reach television, when we'll have clever manga readers posting in the anime thread, "Titans appearing out of nowhere? There's obviously a sasquatch behind it all."

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Yeah I was hoping somebody would make a gif of that guy as soon as I watched the episode. Perhaps he's a veteran, and that's why he can do parkour like that.

That guy is way too alive to be a veteran in this series.

edit: or, uh, was way too alive. Now he fits right in.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
Maybe if the Titans are all vulnerable at the base of the neck, and most of them are solar powered, it has something to do with how absorbed the human is into the Titan? Like, Eren and Annie fought in the forest and I don't think he ever notices feeling weaker out of the sun or anything, because it's still running off of his bloooooooood. And the Titans Sasquatch is making are active at night because they're still freshly made.

I don't think size and age map to each other, since that would make either Jean a gazillion years old or Ymir way bigger. It might have to do with resolve or something like that, though - with Eren he's done some weird things like grabbing the spoon and making the creepy skeleton guard, and it seems like it comes from him being convinced of something's need. Jean's the dedicated soldier who still believes in their mission, right? Berthold is the one who has second thoughts. Maybe all the walls are people who transformed with the need to protect their families, so they were able to become colossal. That said, if this series ends up being down to BELIEVING IN YOUR CONVICTIONS I will eat my hat, so I might be wrong.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Autumncomet posted:

Bert is the colossus titan, Reiner is the armored Titan, Jean probably isn't a Titan but he looks like Reiner so I see how you might get mixed up. Reiner really hates what he's become and has out and developed a split personality. Bertolt isn't happy either but he's got it mostly together. So it still supports your theory, you just got the names backwards. :v:

For those with name confusion, hop on over to page 96 of the anime thread.

That's embarrassing. No wonder I can barely follow this comic, ha ha. Thanks for picking up on that!

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
Grisha was a doctor and they lived in close quarters in their little walled city. The injections were just normal vaccines like every kid is supposed to get regularly. Occam's razor!

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
They find tinned food in the manga, which kind of throws a dint in the idea that this is a world where Titans culled humanity in the 1600s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
I've figured out the only dramatically satisfying place for surviving humans to live outside of the walls without cheapening the threat of Titans:

Kame House.