Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schubalts posted:

Even the original ending is explicitly anti-fascist. What happened to Paradis's government following Eren's Stomp Fest is depicted as a terrible thing, that will continue the cycle of hatred. There are jackbooted soldiers marching through the streets as Historia proclaims a desire to finish what Eren started, while the named civilian characters watch on in blatant disgust. All that while Armin and co are en route to attempt peace talks with them.

Historia does not do that. She was implied to be the one holding back the reins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conspiratiorist posted:

This is why I say the other primary message AoT has, besides the idea of the cycles of violence, is "eat the rich".

But don't actually eat them. Else crazy powers will get involved.

Flesnolk posted:

It happens to fit with the (((Illuminati))) trope but possibly by accident, Isayama feels more like a Japanese Imperial revivalist than a Nazi

He really really does not. Even going by the ending.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schwarzwald posted:

On top of feel lame and pointless, it didn't make sense with how the world is presented geographically. How could 80% of the world have been flattened when Eren hadn't even finished with Marley? Was Eren taking his time while the rest of the rumbling was busy TAS'ing it?

80% of that continent would make sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MechaX posted:

80% of the global population, assuming they are comically densely populated and not that far from Marley, could make sense even if the geographical logistics is pretty nightmarish. But to go on to say he flattens most of the planet’s forests and land in the process… like, did this fucker save finishing the flattening for Marley and like a couple of fringe nations dead last while the wall titans stomped literally around Marley? We at least know the Founding Titan made landfall on Marley pretty quickly, but how it did such global damage and yet didn’t actually completely finish off Marley is just..

Like my best guess is that Eren thought that Marley's continent was most of the world.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vermain posted:

I think it's mentioned that the delay between him figuring out the deal with the Reiss family and him actually stealing the Coordinate is because he wanted to spend as much time with his new family as possible before he absolutely had to do his duty.

He gave up on the plan entirely, only going because the Titan attack happened. And even then he tried to reason with them first, saying that they should just use the power to control the titans to stop the attack. And even after that he still decided not to do so until Eren partially brain washed him.