Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

There are innumerable ways in which I can stop you.
Chapter 36 is out on mangareader. Man this one really tricked me into thinking something even more horrible was going on, than what actually happened in the end. God drat creepy titans.

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

Vincent Valentine posted:

I was so sure that titan was her dad. Seriously, just compare their faces. All's well that ends well, though! Well, except for the old woman. She's proper hosed.

At first I thought the titan was a villager that had just gone bonkers and took to cannibalism, because it looked small, and Sasha's dad talking about the conditions in this territory :gonk:

Sasha is badass. She deserves all the potatoes.

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

I'm thinking there might be some kind of external catalyst that can be used to induce titan transformations in people to create sudden flood waves of random size titans – and from the looks of it, the process comes with no guarantee of success for the unwitting recipient. With the way that Titans behave (eating people only to vomit them later, etc) it seems pretty clear they're in some way artificial and not natural creatures.

This manga is so great :allears:

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

Vincent Valentine posted:

Oh for fucks sake why didn't they just leave why did they make ymir keep fighting :argh:

My thoughts exactly, when they grabbed her hair I thought they were gonna piggyback the hell out of there on her head, which would've been pretty awesome. Why would you have her go back and fight all the drat things again :negative:

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

Chapter 42 is out on mangareader: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/42

It's uh, quite something alright :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

Eiba posted:

That... was possibly the best way to reveal that. A tiny speech bubble out of nowhere in the background of another panel. It really drives home how totally insane the whole situation is.

I was definitely struck by how it was presented. I read the page and had to go back again and look at it and really pay attention to what was just said. I had glossed it over, because it was such a critical thing but it was so nonchalantly deposited in the back! This manga does such great things with its presentation.