Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Dahmer"

:stonk: why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sub Harrison posted:

If Shadis met Grisha 20 years ago and the walls fell 5-6 years ago, that makes Grisha alive for atleast 14 years with the titan power. I guess the curse must be a slow, noticeable death.

Seeing how OWL is all kinds of hosed up in the face yeah

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont know about you but im tired of meticulously painted mangas. Some of my favorite series recently have had questionable art, but are fuckin great comics.

And AoT isnt the same without its grotesqueries and unique art

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 30, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Did Mikasa lose weight just because she was stressed out from their confinement and the revelation that eren and armin will die or is there some subtle point there I missed? It seemed like a weird detail.

Annie is going to help them with her kung fu.

Doesny she have that warrior blood thing that makes her super strong and heal fast and such
Accelerated metabolism is probably a thing

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

IceBorg posted:

D...Did the author just draw a meme as the cover of the magazine?????

Yes.
Thats the 4guys 4koma meme.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JahRoo posted:

When zeke says revenge, he means revenge for getting insanely owned by Levi right?

I like that hes scared shitless of levi.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think any rational person would be given how loving strong he and Mikasa are

Yeah but this is the almost inscrutable, calculating and mysterious bad guy figure weve been teased by all this time

And in the end hes just human

Its good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There are obvious parallels which are quite obvious: the advent of industrialization, the eldian ghetto mirroring the warsaw ghetto.

Its just titans and the existence of paradis that divert it away from a clear mirror to the real world.
Its pretty clear that if the Eldians werent all possible titans, and thus militarily useful, the Marleyans would have genocided the lot of them.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not a special heir or anything
Just one of the clan who was left behind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah if it makes you feel better about my joke post I guess.

I was going to post the usual "source your quotes" but boy that is an original isnt it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He race
He go to space
But mos importantly
He put aristocrats in he face

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah the butterfly effect already used that one and it was a horrid bookend to a terrible movie so no

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Conspiratiorist posted:

I think that's just a fern, but it's cute.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah its very obviously a fern but i just wanted to get in on the hype

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Conspiratiorist posted:

I meant that her frame of reference is still sequentially aligned with reality; a real-world instant might be an eternity for her, but it is within that instant that she does her thing. A time dilation effect.

So expanded as it might be, she still experiences time linearly, as evidenced by the paths dividing after she first manifested within the desolate landscape.

Weve gone past the concepts of physical time and into the more absurd than reality NARRATIVE TIME.

Ymir experiences time in the way that makes the narrative possible.
She is granted this power by the themes of the story.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You know I love how the author keeps repeating that Every single thing that Eren has done was to get where he is.
No ambiguity, no subtlety.

This is exactly what he wanted all along, and I have told and shown you multiple times. I have shown you multiple instances where anyone elses faith would have been shaken to their core, but Eren just kept moving forward. You are an idiot for ever thinking otherwise.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Elias_Maluco posted:

I think that was always very clear, yes

Thats why I never doubted for a second that he really was going for titan armageddon

edit: and also never believed he was following Zeke's plan, it would be totally out of character

Lotta people keep expecting eren to do a perfect face turn instead of doing what he said multiple times he'd do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:smith:
aw man
Rip

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Considering eren can just pull old titans out of the ether
I bet its some PATHS bullshit

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

hatty posted:

I’m in the denial stage where I’m blaming the editor

Certainly makes more sense
Its like your taxi driver swerving hard into oncoming traffic after a pleasant ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres not many anime/manga series that are popular in the west but unpopular in Japan.

Thats a thing that usually happens to games not anime.