Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
"Attack on Titan? Sounds pretty interesting, let's have a loo-" :stare:

:stare:

Four hours later and I'm still reading - I haven't been this captivated by a manga since I read the original Battle Angel Alita (thanks ADTRW!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was re-reading the manga again and I came across this page and...

I'm sorry.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't get it, it really really isn't hard not to spoil stuff especially when people ask you nicely not to do it.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Elotana posted:

Chapter 49 raws are out.
Also the ending features a special guest from way back in Episode 1, and I'm not talking about Hannes: http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/49/43/

I thought about this the other day but for the author to actually pull it through... drat.

AradoBalanga posted:

:tviv:
I cannot wait for the translations. This is going to be GOOD.

Yeah holy poo poo. If it wasn't so late I'd have to stay and check for quick translations. :f5:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Eej posted:

e2: holy crap people on tumblr blowing up about Annie's irreversible ruination of her character and vowing to never watch the anime ever again
Pretty sure this is a good thing.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
If people are posting pictures I can share this Work-In-Progress drawing of Chuckles, my favourite titan:

He's so happy to see you. :allears:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

This one was hype as gently caress. A surprising amount happened in a single chapter, and the artwork has gotten REMARKABLY better. The author's still really good at kinetic energy in his fights, this one might just outclass Eren vs Annie in terms of sheer momentum in every attack.

yes it owned

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

nice

manga good

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Eren being at rock bottom of the pyramid is what really makes it funny.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Conspiratiorist posted:

Eren also perfectly understands that Paradis is inhabited by people, who are as capable of being as cruel to each other as anyone in the outside world. Remember he saved Mikasa from slavers who murdered her family? Remember the cynical views on human conflict he shared with Pixis before they launched the operation to retake Trost?

He isn't looking to save humanity. He would never expect a paradise to be the consequence of his actions.

But Isayama carefully lays out just how real the threat of literal annihilation Paradis faces is, and how the best alternative others can come up with calls for the sacrifice of someone Eren personally cares deeply about, and so he won't abide that. He ultimately finds himself boxed in, and from that position would rather save Paradis than let it be destroyed for the sake of sating the world's hatred, and so he makes his choice.

There's also this angle from 131 on top of what you laid out here:

Our boy Eren is such a hosed up monster.

Beefstew posted:

Honestly, I think I'm down for any ending that doesn't ruin Eren's character, regardless of whether he lives or dies, wins or loses.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
edit; doublepost, oops

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 5, 2021