Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Man so I know we're a few eps in now, but that S2 ED is absolutely haunting as a manga reader. The whole being forced to eat your countrymen forever was a pretty satisfyingly hosed up explanation for the mindless titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Mountaineer posted:

e: Thought she was half-Eldian, but now I realize she isn't.

Wait, why not? Are the Ackermans not Eldian?

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

And the ~Asians~ aren't Marley or Eldian, got it.
So then do we know why some family that isn't Eldian wound up on the island? Or ?

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Hmmm, drat. I'm still hoping this is some kind of far future Earth, but I guess the weird backwards upside down Africa world map makes that unlikely.
Unless they're living inside hollow Earth with the power of titans.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Just read the latest last night and I am pumped as hell. Love how Eren basically says he understands Reiner's reasons for the attack, he knows he was just a kid being manipulated, he's not a bad guy etc., but even so he's got to get Marley back. poo poo's chilling and as gently caress.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Best part was Eren crowd surfing.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I'm gonna say it: I'm glad Eren killed a bunch of people, and I hope he kills a lot more.

Hell, same.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

ATP_Power posted:

It's a lazy Photoshop, but:

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

I can't remember all the way back to the manga. What's all this about reporters?

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah lol. Took like a whole drat year to get through the battle in manga time.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Oh god. I thought for sure I was remembering wrong and it just felt like a year at the time but, welp.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Eren please do a full rumbling. I want the full EoE ending.

VVV close enough

redsniper fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 18, 2019

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Eren will use his wish to become a law of nature that destroys all Titans, past, present, and future.

Also I figured it was something like, the Founding Titan let's you get to the paths coordinate place, but you can only command Ymir there if you have royal blood. Usually someone has both, but the will of the first king had been preventing the Reiss line from commanding Ymir. Zeke isn't bound by the will of the Reisses, but couldn't get in w/o the Founding Titan. Eren can get in if he touches royal blood but can't do anything once there.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

I like that Ymir finally got a hug after 2000 years.

I still hope to god that we get some explanation that the spinal cord monster is the product of future human science fuckery and that this is actual Earth. Seems unlikely with that world map though.

The title page of the chapter says "underneath this world of suffering is another world light cannot reach," so is it a metaphor for the past or the paths dimension or... literally some underground ecosystem that gives rise to titan spinal cord parasites?

Viridiant posted:

Also I miss when we called Zeke Monkey Trouble.

Be the change you want to see.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Kassad posted:

That one's easy to explain away as a different cultural convention.

Nah the map is mirrored not just rotated, so it doesn't work. Unless it's

quote:

hollow Earth theory

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

AND WHAT ROUGH BEAST ITS HOUR COME ROUND AT LAST RUMBLES FROM PARADISE TO BE BORN

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Everyone is devils.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

I figure they all just move radially outwards from their starting positions at the wall, so the flattening paths are like spokes of a wheel. If you're in one of the pie slices between titans, you're safe!

Once they loop back around the planet, they just join hands and reharden and Attack on Titan 2 begins.

redsniper fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 20, 2019

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Who the hell was the guy with Mikasa's scarf?

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Oh is she the one who was stuck behind that overloaded cart with a bunch of other people?

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

I want to see Armin finally GET HUGE!

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Oh yeah I forgot about colossal Armin at Marley. I though all we had was the imagined panel of him wrecking ships at Paradis.

Well I want to see him get HUGE again!

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Battle of Shiganshina was rad as hell though wtf?

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Can't wait to see Eren's fully formed Collossest Maximal Infinity Titan

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Whatever happened with the story of the miner?
Was there wall material under the entire walled territory? We didn't see titans erupting out of the ground when the rumbling happened.
Is the entire island titans? It's plugging up the entrance to the hollow Earth. Everyone is trapped on the inside which is why the continents are mirrored. The whole Earth is the real walls.
I've been waiting on this Chekov's gun since S1. Isayama doesn't seem like the type to set something up and then just forget...

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

I can hardly equate the Eldians to the typical fictional "minority with superpowers", because their one superpower is the ability to be permanently turned into mindless man-eating monsters through the use of chemicals exclusively available to the loving military.

It's easy to miss but the Eldians have also been shown to be able to transform into titans at will and maintain conscious control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Monkey Trouble