Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1245078773596327941?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Beefstew posted:

I'm thinking it'll end in about 7 or 8 chapters. No idea how they'll fit all of this into one season, unless they break off at the Paths Dimension and make a movie for the last part.

I could see them doing what they did with season 3 and splitting season 4 into two cours.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Speed scan is out:

https://bato.to/chapter/1549738

E: better link https://imgur.com/a/RO8OSBW

Julias fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 4, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Homora Gaykemi posted:

*slams desk* I need pictures! Pictures of Survey-Man!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bleck posted:

I just want to say that I forgot I opened this thread and I clicked to the tab after opening what I thought was the One Piece thread and saw this post and nearly had a heart attack

One Piece Manga SpoilersKaido and Big Mom kill the strawhats and their alliance, team up with Black Beard, and take over the world. The End. No Moral.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
137 english translation

https://imgur.com/a/5n2s9Ie

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Eustace posted:

Remember folks, depiction does not equal endorsement

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I remember people saying the first console one was pretty fun.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Explain further

Why don't you read it for yourself?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

No Wave posted:

No, she only has 7 years to go then Eren's ok with it.

lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

Why would julias leave that loving meme in the rear end in a top hat's spoiler post and then put the note above it lol

Point taken. I edited the picture out.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I don't think it's right to say AoT inspired school shooters in any way :thunk:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Saagonsa posted:

I'd use the word weirdos, and not a term to mean someone who has actually shot up a school, myself.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Flesnolk posted:

The story ends with "genocide is good, and if you don't do it the other bastards will do it to you first"

That's one way you could read it, another way is "violence is a never ending cycle that only begets more violence" and "eren's actions ultimately didn't fix anything" ergo violence is bad.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Flesnolk posted:

Big part of why my reading is AoT being pro-genocide

As dumb as that stuff was, on the level of Naruto calling Obito "the coolest guy", I think it's somewhat understandable why someone who once was a close friend of Eren might be willing to look at their actions more charitably and not really see the larger picture of their actions. But yeah there were a bunch of issues with the ending besides that.

Also for the record, I'm not a fan of AoT in general, and I've got no issues with people having qualms with it, but when people start spreading around unverifiable things like "Isayama is a fascist" or harmful stereotypes like "all fans of AoT are fascists and/or school shooters", I think those kinds of generalizations are actively harmful, both for individuals who might be on the receiving end of those accusations and for discourse about the subject matter in general.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Conspiratiorist posted:

This is like calling Verhoeven a fascist because of 4chan producing Starship Troopers memes without a hint of irony.

Pretty much. People are always going to cherry pick aspects of a work regardless of authorial intent, to push propagandist narratives and readings of said work and use it as a vehicle to deliver and disseminate those values abroad to their audience.

Like the tweet Gosar made could have been Republicans being the heroes of dragon ball z, goku and the like, killing AOC who is Cell, a parasitic monster bent on wiping out humanity. That doesn't make DBZ fascist because fascist politicians are using it as propaganda.

I don't even disagree with people who read into AoT as having fascist themes as being in the wrong, but there's room for discussion and debate on it, and a lot of people don't want to actually analyze it to have that debate, they just want to push a narrative and smear all people who enjoy the work as fascists or fascist sympathizers, which I think is harmful misinformation and slander.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

YF-23 posted:

No, the main point of that video was to liken immigrants to the titans as an invading force, the Democrats in it aren't just vaguely enemies, they are enablers of immigration.

I mean it's the same point, that's not a message of the original media, it's just what some guy with video editing software decided to make, and I don't think anyone is arguing that Gosar isn't a fascist bigoted bootlicker.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TheKingofSprings posted:

2016 broke a generation's brain and we will never recover

Indeed. There's a good chance 2024 also breaks a generation's brains, but we will just have to wait and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tae posted:

Huh what

You need to actually read the full post, Conspiratiorist is talking about other readers who make these accusations.