Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Annie just alerted the other feral titans to her presence so they'd come eat her, since they seemingly really hate human-titans. She never gave them a command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mangastream finally put their translation up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BdaaN posted:

Sadly mangastream translations are pretty terrible this time around. http://imgur.com/a/a42EB are the most natural sounding and the best ones out in my opinion.

Uh, what? "Mikasa, you can't! Not with those injuries!"/"Don't force yourself Mikasa! Your injuries aren't mild!" "What should I do? If Reiner's done for, then... should I help the Scouting Legion and cut out of here?!"/"How do I proceed now? If Reiner and them can't continue... should I just cooperate with the Survey Corps members and get through the current difficulties!?"

I agree that one of them's natural sounding, but it's not the one in your link.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And if you mean the other guy at the door, that's Marco.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I liked it. Hanji got to show off, we got some cool scenes that wasn't just Eren v. Annie while everyone else watches, and it felt more natural than just "Eren the world is cruel" "oh my god you are RIGHT".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.amazon.com/Shingeki-Paja...s=shingeki+levi

Heck, why not.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The basement will reveal their darkest, most terrible secret...

The titans are actually humans!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I find Attack on Titan impressive, not in how it doesn't have plot armor, but how strong the illusion of there not being any is. Every new chapter feels like it could be someone's last, every other page could have a new titan peeking around the corner to eat up a character like it was a potato. And while we haven't had any 'important' deaths, it still feels very real and as though it could happen at any moment.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Slicin' Some Struttin' Strappin' Psychopaths

No, no, we're supposed to kill the titans, not the main characters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, reports from Japan say the 3DS game is reeeaallly not that good at all.

On the other hand, Fenglee's fangame just got an update with a new boss fight, so it's no big loss. The bosses are designed for multiplayer, but if you're good enough...

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jan 1, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So the royal bloodline has existed for around 2000 years, huh?

"To you, 2000 years from now."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anime reviewer JesuOtaku just put up a pretty big character analysis video regarding the main trio and their relationship. It's pretty interesting, I recommend checking it out. It's mostly just about the anime, but she does go into manga stuff towards the end.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm fairly certain Levi referred to Mikasa as Ackerman before. He's never been introduced as something other than "Captain Levi", and being an orphan, it's likely that neither he nor anyone else in the Survey Corps knows his name. I think it's fine, and I have enough faith in Isayama to believe he'll make it good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Petiso posted:

Wait wait wait isn't that cloaked girl at the end Annie??

[Joke about Isayama's drawing skills], but no, I don't think so.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually, thinking about it, I actually really like this development, if only because Levi might actually get some character development now!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

I'm not sure who else does this, since I'm fairly certain that a large number of manga-readers ended up watching the anime too, but as someone who's only read the manga, I tend to imagine my own voice cast for the cast. In my mind, somehow, Levi always sounded like Dante Basco-- the guy who played Zuko in Avatar: The Last Airbender. I dunno, something about the guy always struck me as sounding kind of gravelly yet higher-pitched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrMXuqLLljU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Arkitektbmw posted:

I had the same idea when I saw the bits.

Honestly, Eren needs to bide his time. Hulking out now, won't do any good in the long run. Let this anti human squad get them closer to the king. Then hulk out.

Then crush the king, then...

uh

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The walls are rotting? They've been there for thousands of years? Where did you get that from?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Why would they think it's the most important place in the walls considering all the other poo poo that's going on? gently caress the basement, I hope they never go there.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, Bertholdt.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eat or be eaten.

Or eat too much, I suppose.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Significant changes. Just watch the last episode!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I like Eren, he's got a good head on his shoulders. Poor guy just keeps getting kidnapped.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The first chapter is "To you, 2000 years in the future". Make of that what you will, but there's really no reason to discuss it or come up with theories because a) there's not enough evidence to support one claim over another and b) it doesn't really matter at all.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You know this would be cute and all but when you actually THINK about it, Christ.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Holy poo poo, the setting's going all Wild West on us, love it.

It looks like Armin's actually pulling a gun from his coat, so I'm thinking it's he that blew her brains out, not Mikasa cutting her down. Which I'm way cool with, if only because none of the characters would expect Armin to do that.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 8, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

This was honestly probably some of the best action the series has had, wow.

We're so used to big flailing Titan arms, seeing all those shots just grazing Levi is loving nerve-wracking.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I feel like I'm getting in on the ground floor to a 2ch meme.

Man, you think it'll be bad now, wait until it's animated.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, I hadn't expected those two to join us, that's great, I like them both. Can't wait for them to die! The chapter itself wasn't as good as last month's, but really, I don't think we'll be getting something that beats that one for a looong while.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Monkey Trouble will never be brought up again, not even by the characters. Everything else will resolve without answering what his deal was, leaving fans confused and angry for decades.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Squidster posted:

This month's installment is translated! In this volume, Levi takes his shirt off!

Why would Reiner be bothered by guys talking about him? Wasn't it implied he was gay?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fair enough!(?)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

After the previous two chapters, would anyone think titans are going to magically appear?
I mean, it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Carpator Diei posted:

Wait a minute, where did you get this name from? Did I miss something?
Some people on the internet have come to call her that, since, well, Historia.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

From this perspective, Eren couldn't have seen Memory Girl. She's looking in a mirror. Implying that he's remembering this from her perspective.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

gently caress the basement, I hope they never go there.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, the gently caress's the deal with that final page? What's even your deal, Reiss?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Chibs posted:

If that's the case, could it also mean that Reiss might be Monkey Trouble?

No. George didn't know about the maneuver gear, something Reiss couldn't possibly not know about.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RatHat posted:

Seems like it, yeah. She might have been the one holding the coordinate too since she was a shifter.

Nah, it was probably someone else. I mean, it COULD have been her, I don't know how titan powers work, but if we're assuming she's never devoured someone and was simply born as she was, then her titan power is the ability to control memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

Nah, it was probably someone else. I mean, it COULD have been her, I don't know how titan powers work, but if we're assuming she's never devoured someone and was simply born as she was, then her titan power is the ability to control memories.

Adding to this: It is quite possible that only Eren can access memories from those he has devoured because of Frieda's memory powers. It was never implied Ymir had memories from Marcel's perspective. Also, it would mean Eren not only has the power to command Titans, but also has the same powers of memory control Frieda used on Historia. So if we assume two different royal members had the Coordinate and Memory powers - which makes sense when you consider humanity's entire loss of memory of life before the walls, and how there are titans inside the walls - that's two known powers out of six eaten. And then there's the possibility that Grisha had a power from before. Eren's like a Titan power piņata at this point.

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 9, 2014