Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't imagine Grisha and Reiner's team working together. They attacked his city, where his wife and son and adopted daughter lived. They're responsible for Carla's death. If Grisha really did conspire with the outsiders, why wouldn't they pick another city to attack? Plus, Reiner and crew wanted the Coordinate, which Grisha then hid in Eren, his son of all people, making him their next target.

Basically: we thought we got answers, we only got more and more questions. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Breaky posted:

Still no clue where monkey titan fits into the picture now.

Next chapter will end with Kenny facing down the rest of the gang in the church, when suddenly George lifts up the roof of the church and peeks in. "Hellloooo. :3:"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Reiss family were devoured the night of the wall breach? But Eren's last visit from his father was before that...so might the memory wiping power also possibly have the ability to implant other's memories?

Grisha injected Eren several days after the Wall fell.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Q: Who is Mikasa’s best friend among the 104th girls?
A: Armin."

:allears: Isayama. More here.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

From where are you guys getting this "Frieda got memory changing powers" thing?. I really dont recall anything about her, perhaps its time for a reread.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Curious George just makes sense.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Emron posted:

So in the shot of the probably Historia titan, there's a hand grabbing it, and it looks like it's overpowering it/her. That has to be Grisha, right? Is that female titan not Historia? Why would she be alive if she was getting beaten by Grisha, who ostensibly ate the whole family other than Reiss? Maybe I'm not understanding those fragmented flashbacks correctly.

Historia wasn't even there, how could it possibly have been her? It was someone else in the family, most likely Frieda considering she's the one who the panel above the two duking it out is focused on. As for why her hair's different, well the Colossal Titan doesn't have any hair at all.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Emron posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess that implies Historia has the ability. It has to, right?
It is quite likely, yes. Rod will probably want her to gobble up Eren.

Which, again, makes this panel even funnier:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

So Connie's a shifter too? :ohdear:

I hadn't considered it, but if we're going to see Ape Escape's power in action, Connie would be a likely target.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We haven't, but I'd imagine it's like you put it, since the core's at the neck. I believe they went into how fast they heal early in the series, and it's only a couple of minutes for even the biggest of wounds.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Uh, yeah, you probably missed the last chapter then.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The walls are made up of a relatively thin layer of bricks; most of what's inside is actually Titans, standing shoulder to shoulder for miles. Turns out the Church dudes know something about this, but while the Survey Corps are trying to get information out of them, disaster strikes: Titans have been spotted to the south, inside the walls, meaning the Titans have once again breached the walls and are currently invading. All of Eren's friends except Mikasa and Armin were placed near the south due to the possibility of there being more shifters there. But since the wall was breached with all of them there, their suspicions are cleared and they're called in, without gear, to scout ahead and see what's up. Sasha and Connie are both from the area and are very invested in what the heck's going on.

Nearby, one of the Survey dudes, the one with the good nose, is fighting of some Titans in a town, when he spots a completely new Titan, unlike any ever seen before, and looks like a huge monkey-titan, with fur and all. This Beast Titan can talk, has no idea what 3D gear is, and can apparently control the other Titans. The Survey dude is eaten, RIP.

Back with Eren and friends, the church reveals they themselves simply cannot talk about the secrets they know, but they do know someone who can: a member of the true royal family; the monarch on the throne is actually just a fake, and the real royal family knows pretty much everything that's going on. Other than this true king, Rod Reiss, however, all the other royal members are dead. Except one, who was born to a mistress and then given a new name: Christa, the girl who saved Reiner, Jean and Armin after they lost their horses when the Female Titan attacked. She scored 10th in the top 10. At the moment, she's with the group to the south, scouting, and so the crew heads south.

Sasha has split from the group and TOTALLY loving DOMINATES A TITAN WITHOUT ANY GEAR, JESUS GIRL YOU ROCK. She was originally supposed to die, but she made it. She meets up with her dad and is safe.

Connie and the rest of the scouting group make it to his village, where all the houses have been destroyed, but without any corpses nearby. There's a Titan, lying on his house unable to move, and after moving on, Connie remarks that it looked a lot like his mom, but is told they don't really have the time to focus on that right now.

The scouting team makes it to the southern wall and tries to find the breach, until they run into another scouting team, and they haven't found any breach either. The two groups rest up in a nearby castle, since it's nighttime and the Titans aren't active... until the Titans turn out to BE active and attack them! The Beast Titan is also nearby and starts throwing rocks at them and seems to be the cause of the aggressive titans. To save Christa, Ymir, the girl who told Christa she would marry her early in the series, jumps out of the castle... and turns out to be a shifter, and attacks the Titans! Reiner and Bertolt freak the gently caress out, and the whole castle's falling and things are bleak, but suddenly, Eren and crew arrive in time! (Eren gets his first legit Titan kill here and he's really happy about it).

Everyone moves up to the walls, and they notice there was never any breach in the first place. All the Titans were already there. While talking about this, Reiner and Bertolt talk to Eren... and Reiner tells Eren, "Yo, we're the Armored and Colossal Titan, we need you to come with us." A fight breaks out, and Reiner and Bertolt manage to kidnap Eren and Ymir and runs off with them to the forest.

There they talk, and Reiner and Bertolt reveal that Ymir actually killed their childhood friend while they were on the way to assault the walls the first time. They want to bring Eren and Ymir to their village outside the walls for some reason. Ymir agrees to help them escape with Eren, so long as she can take Christa with them. The shifters notice the group about to find them, so Ymir heads off and kidnaps Christa, before returning to Reiner and crew, and they run off. After talking it over with Ymir, Christa agrees to go with Ymir (they're actually a legit couple).

The humans catch up with the shifters and begin to fight, and soon reinforcements lead by Erwin, the leader of the Survey Corps, arrive. More normal titans arrive too, however, and start attacking both humans and shifters, and all kinds of poo poo go down. Mikasa manages to grab Eren, but soon enough everything breaks down into chaos, tons of humans die, Erwin loses an arm, and to top it all off, Chuckles, the titan who ate Eren's mom, shows up, and neither Eren nor Mikasa are in good enough shape to fight it. HANNES TO THE RESCUE, FOR REAL THIS TIME.

Hannes is eaten. Eren freaks the gently caress out and Mikasa basically gives up and thanks Eren for everything he's done, basically confessing her love, but Eren ain't having any more of this poo poo and just runs at Chuckles and punches him with his normal human fist... and behind him, a titan suddenly jumps at Chuckles and starts attacking it. And it's not the only one, suddenly all the titans except the shifters are attacking and eating Chuckles, and Reiner freaks the gently caress out and tries to run away, but Eren screams at him and now suddenly all the titans are chasing Reiner and Bertolt. Taking advantage of the confusion, the humans retreat, but Ymir leaves Christa with the humans and goes with Reiner and Bertolt.

And that was basically the first act of the next season. I ain't got time to do the next one now, maybe later.

Saagonsa posted:

I don't think anyone particularly wants to sit here and summarize 2 years worth of manga dude
Eh, I felt like it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hmm, I'm not convinced Hange has bit it just yet. Crippled for life, possibly, but not quite dead yet, I think.

Also, drat, didn't expect that betrayal from Kenny. Wondering what he'll do now, steal the injection and become a Titan and try to become king anyway, or?

e: Oh yeah, almost forgot, good job killing a human being, Jean, I'm sure your mother is proud of you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I predict that at least one of the following characters will die: Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, Connie, Historia, Reiner, Bertoldt, Annie, Ymir, Erwin, Levi, Hange, Hitch, Marlowe, Rod, Kenny, Zackley, Pixis, Monkey Trouble.

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 8, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

To be honest, I'm getting tired of Levi and Misaka, to the point that I'm actively rooting for the poor mooks who have to fight against them. Literally everybody else is more interesting, because they actually seem to be in danger, and they actually have to struggle.
Let's be fair here: the Levi vs. Kenny (and a bunch of others) fight was super intense.

I wonder if this fight would have turned out differently if Kenny was there to fight with the others? I wouldn't think so, but who knows.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thank goodness he won't be haunted by it for long, then!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think most people are more concerned about the whole crashing into a pillar going at 300km/h and then falling a couple dozen feet or so, rather than getting hooked in the shoulder.

e: I agree with you that she's probably fine, though. For a certain definition of the term, for sure, but alive at least.

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 8, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mike. The dude with the good nose who could smell titans. Was the first one to meet Curious George and was subsequently murdered.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wouldn't Mighty Joe Young be dead if he was King Titan?

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 9, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

sharktamer posted:

I was thinking this lately, when's the last time a non-flashback titan even appeared? Seems like there hasn't been one for months and months and it's great.

Well, in the most technical of terms, we saw Bert and Reiner a couple chapters ago... though that was just a lie. So technically not a flashback!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, Ymir's too far away, because she's dead and in Hell.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well, the only confirmed superpower she has is the Ackerman blood. The only reason the asian bloodline is important, as far as we know, is that it's a minority, and as such isn't affected by the memory wiping.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Execute chapter.... 66.

Yo, Historia loving rocks. And now I'm fairly certain the basement contains the King's secret because we need some way to get that info now that eating it out of Eren probably won't happen.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Am I the only one who felt like this chapter is setting up Eren to eat Historia? I feel like it's going to come out that his family is also one of those immune bloodlines, or his dad did something to make him so, and so he'll be able to take the True History without breaking. I definitely feel like that response to learning the truth might be some kind of implanted Coordinate command and immunity to that is going to be important.

Why would Eren need to eat Historia? He's the one that needs to be eaten, eating Historia wouldn't do anything.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

Where did that armor jar come from, was it just sitting there on the ground?

Rod's Big Bag of Titan Goo.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Belated congratulations to Mikasa on her birthday, it was on the tenth and we missed it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Question, when Historia says "That time, when I became a Titan" what is she referring to? Have I missed something? When her dad tried to inject her she broke the vial and kicked his rear end.

But then there was that thing in chapter 65, where it ended with a giant titansplosion, but in the beginning of the next chapter there were no titans.

The ending of 65 was there to be a cliffhanger like "Oh no, Historia has become a Titan?!" but then the beginning of 66 shows us what REALLY happened.

Also, not sure what you're referring to with that first question? When did she say that?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

my dad posted:

I see Historia is still being awesome.

gently caress yeah she is.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If the people outside the walls have basements, then yeah, probably.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sasha set off so many flags with that "I'm not hungry" comment we could build three new walls with them.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A fuckton has happened and we're about to fight the final boss of the arc in a couple days.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also, Darth Walrus put it, we have reached a basement with Titan secrets.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I am there with my friends, fighting the titans

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

^^ Grisha first injected himself with titan serum when he was about to kill the royal family.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, jesus christ Rod, ewwwww.

It was a pretty short battle, yeah! No doubt will it be extended in the anime. I can't wait for anime Turkey Titan, hope they don't censor him too badly.

e: Historia is also awesome, but that's nothing new.

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 9, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

He stabbed himself with a scalpel. He was a shifter.

Oh, wow, I had completely missed that. Well never mind.

e: Eren had a nosebleed after seeing Mikasa. :haw:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Why do you guys keep saying how Historia owns? She literally did the exact same thing everyone else did, and then fell on her rear end into a convenient wagon full of hay. Plus it looks like she's gonna get taken over by her rear end in a top hat ancestor

How could she be? Dude's in Eren. Her dad never had the rear end in a top hat genes*, those were all his memories she saw.

*I mean, technically.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Erwin & Friends are gonna declare her Queen in a couple days anyway. They might think she's cuckoo right now but then they'll be like "oh daaayum"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Crunchyroll has its version up.

Soulcleaver posted:

Isayama's human faces sometimes really look like titan faces. I don't know if it's on purpose or not. Gettin a real Chuckles vibe from that middle one.

I'd say it's definitely intentional. With Kenny in particular, what with how he was portrayed as a killing machine ala Levi, and how he just seemed to desire the power of a titan for the sake of the power itself, making him more titan-like. But then his actual motivations and desires were revealed here, and he became more human-like. Yadayada, humans are titans, titans are humans, no real evil, only grey, all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And hey, this seems like a nice place for the anime to stop for the second season, so that will probably get announced fairly soonish.