Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

But he didn't direct the titans to attack Reiner? We've known for a long time that the mindless titans generally prioritize attacking titan-shifters over regular humans.

The only command we can comfortably say Eren has given is the one to attack the titan who ate his mom/Hannes.

Yeah, he did. There was the same kind of flash, and they all stopped chewing on chuckles and rushed Reiner on cue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

visceril posted:

(it's Levi, not Rivaille; say it out loud, it's "Revi" I find this personally more annoying than eotenas).

Sure, but it's the English pronunciation, not German or whatever. Not that I expect this means anything, considering the author's knowledge of European languages is such that he translated "Attacking Titans" into "Attack on Titan".

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

yellowyams posted:

He wasn't pushing her aside that swishy movement was meant to indicate he stood up it even had the ザ sound effect, oh my god. Btw, he stood up to face the titan so maybe they both wouldn't loving die. He was comforting her by reiterating what he told her when they first met through his actions. Come on...

Come on, people, ザ! Are you ばか or something? :smug:

As I see it, what he did was deny his only remaining family any kind of tenderness in what both of them surely thought was their final moment, for the sake of raging at titans some more. Eren may be a bit unhinged sometimes, but he's not stupid enough to think he can ward off a titan by punching it. He was as shocked as anyone when they were saved by deus ex machina. He was being a jerkhole, and it only worked because of a plot twist out of nowhere.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Anime fans misunderstanding basic human emotion/interaction? Well, I never

To be fair, it usually doesn't hurt the accuracy of plot predictions.

threeagainstfour posted:

If Levi bites it, it will be in a blaze of glory killing like 40 titans. No way some random punk pervert dude is taking Levi out.

Levi is Isayama's author surrogate. He's not going anywhere.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Also I don't understand where the author surrogate thing for Levi is coming from, he just seems like a dude.

This is Hajime Isayama:

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012
Isayama was never a good or even decent artist, but is the art actually getting worse now? Practically every face in this chapter looks wonky to me. I don't know, maybe it's just that I've been reading a lot of Berserk since the last chapter, the comparison does AoT no favors.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Historia is remarkably okay with eating Eren and taking his commander powers.

Fair enough. Her heart wasn't totally in with the Recon corps. If other characters can constantly shift allegiances, so can she.

I'm not sure what makes you think she's okay with whatever they're about to do to Eren. All we have to go on is a single drawing of her standing around, looking... something. Her face could be anything from appalled to scared to bored, given Isayama's artistic skills. The hands suggest a fidgety nervousness, though, which I certainly don't take as her being okay with the situation. We'll see soon enough I guess.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I hope hange dying means sasha makes it out of this alive

She got shot in the shoulder, she'll be fine. The only way I could be less worried about her is if she fell off a cliff into a river and they didn't find a body.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

I think most people are more concerned about the whole crashing into a pillar going at 300km/h and then falling a couple dozen feet or so, rather than getting hooked in the shoulder.

e: I agree with you that she's probably fine, though. For a certain definition of the term, for sure, but alive at least.

I'm not talking about the severity of the injury itself. Getting shot in the shoulder in fiction is pretty much a guarantee that you'll pull through, whatever else happens. I'd have been more worried if she dodged the hook and then fell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

AndroidHub posted:

I just caught up on the last 8~ chapters and I'm just here to say

Monkey titan is one sexy motherfucker

The human inside looks kind of lame, though.