Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Why is this even a theory? Do people really have a hard time believing some titan just eats Eren's mom?

I'm pretty sure people are just playing up the joke from that theory one person came up with a while ago. If you can call it a theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

From what I remember Bigfoot Titan just climbed the wall and started chucking pieces of wall at Connie and co. He didn't even go over, he just King Konged that poo poo and eventually left I think.

I really can't piece together what the hell happened after all that, Mikasa showed up, Eren got his first Titan kill as a human etc. But what happened after all the squads figured out there was no wall breach? Did the Titans just disappear along with the ape Titan? I think part of this is because I kind of marathoned a large portion of the manga and because right after the Titannie reveal there was no real slow moment to digest anything. Like how Connie's village and the Titan he heard speak just got swept under the rug. I probably have to go back and give it a quick once over.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Bisensual posted:

Has someone already made a Smooth Criminal joke? Because I think someone should ask Annie if she's okay.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlXeAb0TgIM

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Bigfoot probably. I mean the whole series is this really unnerving concept with giant humanoids that eat other people, but when you throw this giant lanky orangutan humanoid into the mix and don't address it in any way, that poo poo got me. Then he starts commanding the lesser Titans and making conversation with Mike. Seeing the figure in the background reminded me of that clip in Signs, actually.

I also think the Bert/Reiner reveal was sick, mostly because of how subdued it was, I think most people felt like Mikasa in that scene, just wide-eyed "wait a minute what the gently caress" reactions all around.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

UberJumper posted:

Is it just me or did the big reveal after the credits, seem really off? The rocks just seem to pop out with no noise. As if the titan is blowing some dust out of his face.

:psyduck:

In an episode where most everything was animated really well that last bit looked kinda poo poo. It went from a static image of cracked rock to some really lazy crumbling debris paired with hokey guitar chord, it made me chuckle a bit and I had to rewind just to see what exactly it was.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Why did this never occur to me?

edit: Ah poo poo, fits even better now considering the last episode's line about enjoying pain and not caring about death.

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 4, 2013

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

RIP you giggly gently caress. I'm only sorry it wasn't Eren to brutally murder him, I feel like that more than anything is owed to him.

I hope Jean's okay.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

I always thought it was the huge chunk cut out from when the Armored Titan ran through the gate in the beginning. It's pretty silly that he'd cut a huge clean hole but that's all I could think of. It doesn't matter anyway, there's more outlandish poo poo at work here.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

I feel like the idea of cologne for this anime was brought up before and it was decided that Levi's would smell of cleaning products and such.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Jean.

edit: bottom left panel

http://i.imgur.com/DgJpkmu.png

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Gah its been so many months I don't even remember what super cold manipulative mastermind poo poo Armin did. Could someone remind me?

He lied to Bert and Ernie about Annie being held captive and being tortured.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Tezzor posted:

Just watched season 1 of the anime, want to get caught up on the manga, but is the incest vibe I get from Mikasa and Eren a continuing thing? Because I always find that stuff really gross

Man what the hell.

I don't think this has ever been a concern for anyone regarding this series before. This story doesn't have time for that kind of poo poo, Mikasa is just devoted to protecting Eren because he's the only family she has left. Her original family was butchered and her adoptive family eaten. I mean yeah there's people who tease her for it and Jean is jealous of Eren because of it, but there's nothing in the way of incest relationship development, or existence for that matter.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Sheesh, you guys hyped this up way too much.

The people are hungry.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Just expose Mikasa to Hulk radiation and beat up Eren a bit. Boom humanity is saved.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

For all we know until the episode airs Monkey Toruble would have been gold this entire time.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

gently caress yes

I really really want to see another mma grappling match between these two, last time Eren was right on the verge of snapping Reiner's joints apart and breaking his neck off, until Bert belly flopped on his rear end.

idk what they're gonna do about Donkey Kong though, that guy is loving yoked.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

TWIST FIST posted:

So whats the deal with Erwin's arm

What are you talking about he got it chomped off remember :mrgw:

Nah but I'm curious about it too

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Yeah, knocking the armored titan down in the tier list would be cool.

It just doesn't make sense to me that Eren's titan could beat up Donkey Kong, not alone at least. just the size/strength difference is crazy enough, it'd need to be some large scale planned attack and lots of people would probably die in the process

edit: also we're still waiting for Bert to make his grand entrance and the wall titans to maybe do something, yeah I don't know, this poo poo is so insanely stacked against the recon corps I have no idea what they're gonna do haha

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Marco's a loving idiot show watcher, had he been reading the manga though...

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

I'm getting pretty tired of the loving bullet time just when literally anyone is about to bite it

Oh what's that, you're about to have your head swiped off by arguably the single best most competent professional titan murderer on the planet? Pull some Neo poo poo and shrug it off

like bruh, come on

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

muike posted:

Yeah that's stupid but summoning a gigantic meat mecha out of thin air is fine

That's been established repeatedly as a thing in this world's mythos though, this other thing that they try to explain all straightfaced is stupid and dumb and has no basis on anything

Like, I get titan-shifting right at life-threatening moments as a defense mechanism, and I get Eren transforming via stress/self-harm, but this other thing comes off as a huge asspull you can't not laugh at it

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Nah, it's not nanomachines

it's midichlorians

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Person Dyslexic posted:

I prefer to spend my time lurking here, waiting for the actual moment of plot progression like a toad waiting for that golden fly to land. I'll probably grow old and die before it happens but there is always hope.

To add a bit of content, I find it hard to care in the slightest about an antagonist who has appeared in five chapters and has the amazing character development of, "wow he kicked the armored titan's rear end, something everyone else has proved entirely capable of multiple times."

shut up retard

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

honestly the annoying thing is that in the past 4 months or so only like 20 minutes have elapsed in the AoT world

4 months to see a continuation of no progress other than "hey guys I think it's actually hopeless this time"

"no wait guys this time it's actually hopeless"

"actually it's this time"

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

gently caress the basement look at everything else

the coffee cups were discovered
reiner got hosed up by spears
bert fell on everyone
Eren got kicked and monkey trouble shotgunned everyone with rocks
recruits got killed and now we're here

that took like what, 4 months to cover?

and in those 4 months of issues that was only like 12 pages of those things actually happening, everything else was the characters reflecting about their decisions before actually deciding anything

poo poo is just not interesting to read

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

80 chapters into the series it's loving dumb to be enthralled by "ooh maybe they're not the bad guys after all" for the 50th time

Maybe I'm just not into treading the same territory every other month but w/e

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

change my name posted:

So did Levi accidentally shank a transformed Erwin, or is he realizing that he can inject Erwin and have him eat the monkey titan shifter? The page is kind of tiny.

he's looking at some gadget, or thinking about it, and remembering Erwin, so yeah the former

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

RatHat posted:

Maybe you guys should wait until it's actually translated before saying it's poo poo.

the longer you wait the worse it'll smell

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

the only good thing here was seeing Bert's stupid loving head getting crushed

what a loving mess

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Drink Top posted:

I'm wondering how exactly are they going to train Armin to use his powers. Unlike Eren, Armin's powers will probably stop anyone like Hanji from being around and directing him. I'm also guessing that he wont be as large as Bert, since Bert was around 6'0'' at least in his human form and titan forms probably reflect some of the user's natural physique.

Then why was Ymir's titan relatively small considering she was fairly tall herself

I don't think that poo poo matters too much, there's probably just random traits, Annie is short and her titan was as tall as Eren's

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Are you saying Annie ate her dad like Eren did?

I haven't actually thought about Annie since the anime aired, I wonder if they're gonna do anything with her again

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

It's funny how all of humanity, and really all of the world we know of in the AoT universe is this walled off haven surrounded by huge forests and titans

what if inventors like Grisha just focused on steam/combustion engine modes of transportation and booked it instead of making anti-titan spiderman weapons

:eyepop:

nah but really there's potentially so much poo poo but nobody can get anywhere, loving basement's been eluding the recon corps for like 80 chapters lmao

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 11, 2016

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

I've forgotten more than half of the "lore" by this point

I'm subsisting on a month by month basis, seeing what little scraps the author feels like giving us

like when are they gonna go talk more about the wall titans, or the church, all that poo poo is more interesting imo

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

MH Knights posted:

Did I miss the link or is the Crunchyroll version not out yet?

There's a kissmanga link somewhere in the last pages

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

I just want to see Eren v Reiner MMA animated already

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

The only flaw Mikasa has is her inability to kill humans

slay a couple dozen titans nbd I'll do it with one arm tied behind my back, slice through a human neck whoops you got me there

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

ETB posted:

Except for that slaver during her childhood?

shame she could somehow kill a grown man when she was like 7 but not Reiner/Bert years later

They pulled the same poo poo with Levi, it still bugs me

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

I'm still tight about the fact that Eren was literally about to CRACK REINER IN HALF using titan MMA and it would've been the sickest most brutal poo poo ever before Bert belly flopped and ruined it

I like those 1v1 evenly matched titan fights better than Levi turning into a Beyblade or Gorilla Grodd throwing shotgun pellets

In It For The Tank posted:

That's because they were her friends for thrre years and she couldn't secure the kill because their pained faces threw her off.

this sounds retarded by the way, Mikasa has shown, or rather it's been made a point of multiple times, that she's willing to throw her and other people's lives away for Eren, why would she hesitate for these fuckwads though? It's inconsistent I guess and that's lame.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

I'm probably just remembering the times she said it re: Levi but there's probably other examples. Mikasa doesn't really get a lot of introspective focus tbh, lately it's been all Armin, Erwin, Bert and Levi

It's been over a year at this point but did she ever have a problem with Historia or Ymir? She wasn't around for that right? I need to read a recap of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Elias_Maluco posted:

Where are you all reading the chapter?

in the basement